Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXI - 2019 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Eugene Melnyk: "So the Players Association said we couldn't make the players buy their own equipment? Then I suppose we HAVE to get new jerseys. Ugh, how much for each? "

Flunkie: "The best price we could get, sir, is $99 for the jersey and an extra $5 per letter. That works out to $139 each."

Melnyk: "If we just write 'Sens', we would save $20 each."

Flunkie: "But sir, the official name..."

Melnyk: "Could we just put a capital S?"

Flunkie: "That won't work, sir!"

Melnyk: "Fine, fine. 'Sens' it is. But cut the $20 from each player's food allowance."
You got a gift.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
This fanbase is in a riot because he only made the playoffs twice while acknowledging he was rebuilding.

How do you think this place would be had he gone scorched earth and the team absolutely sucked for 5 years? Some of the ficklest fans in all of sports.
Tbf - Hexy only admitted rebuilding after he was fired.

He never made bold statements like Doug Armstrong, the Rags or Canucks brass.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Tbf - Hexy only admitted rebuilding after he was fired.

He never made bold statements like Doug Armstrong, the Rags or Canucks brass.

Mistake one.

Trying to trick the fans of the franchise bit him in the bass. Should have just come out and said what was going to happen, might have gone a bit better for him imo.

Rebuilding while competitive. Such horseshit.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Lockout talk: Why each side might (and might not) want to...

According to one source, the NHL’s hope is the new national U.S. television rights deal, which may well be split between multiple networks, could triple the take it currently receives from NBC Sports Group.

That 10-year deal – negotiated while late Philadelphia Flyers owner Ed Snider was chair of the company that owns the network – brings in an estimated $200 million each year. (Vlasic called the arrangement “a joke.”)

Boosting that number to $600-$700 million wouldn’t be transformational in the way the NBA’s new megabucks broadcast contract was, but it might goose revenues on the margin to a point where the need for escrow is alleviated, if not entirely obviated. (It would help if the Canadian dollar picked up steam at some point, too.)

Reactions: Here4ThaList

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

More shitty rankings...It did get me thinking that for building a team, John Gibson is the best value goalie in the league. He might even be the best skill wise, but his contract is fantastic. I'd take him over everyone

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

More ****ty rankings...It did get me thinking that for building a team, John Gibson is the best value goalie in the league. He might even be the best skill wise, but his contract is fantastic. I'd take him over everyone

Gibson, while he didn't have a great year last year, faces a f*** load of shots every f***ing year.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Hes a top 5 goalie in the NHL, him being #10 is absolutely criminal. LOTS of people on that list living off of past performances.
If I were running a team of my own, I’d probably pick Gibson as my goalie over anyone else. May not be the most complete in comparison to Price or Vas, but he is one of the most underrated player in the game.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If I were running a team of my own, I’d probably pick Gibson as my goalie over anyone else. May not be the most complete in comparison to Price or Vas, but he is one of the most underrated player in the game.

Gibson has a far lower cap hit than either of them which is a major factor too. Sinking a ton of cap into a goalie bites you by making it hard to build the team elsewhere, which is far more significant with a G because their position is so one dimensional.

Gibson is both good and easy to build around.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Gibson has a far lower cap hit than either of them which is a major factor too. Sinking a ton of cap into a goalie bites you by making it hard to build the team elsewhere, which is far more significant with a G because their position is so one dimensional.

Gibson is both good and easy to build around.
Since entering the league I think he’s faced the most shots for any goaltender and has top 2 stats for goalie metrics.

I can understand why Binnington is on the list, but at the same time is he truly better than Rinne, Gibson, or even Matt Murray... no

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Another swing and a miss for our old pal, Pronman.

Pronman had Merkley top 10. Farabee at 27.

And Dobson (and plenty of others) right there with Jo-El. Don't forget my favorite tidbit: Merkley was rated as having higher hockey IQ. Some things are so incomprehensible, even in a guess work industry, so as to be invalidating.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He’s basically the undersized offensive defensemen stereotype in a legitimate way. I think that’s essentially the root of the problem & leads to other issues between coaches & teammates.

And with teammates too? So yeah you aren't kidding when you say he is actually that stereotype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad