Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXI - 2019 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I just hope the owners can get the max contract length down to 5/6 years.

Maybe in exchange for reducing the escrow the players are paying.
I wonder if anyone would be in favor of the term you speak, maybe hit UFA a year earlier, and some sort of salary schedule for draft picks from draft to UFA, no more RFA/ect stuff. 3 year ELC based on draft position (like now), then some sort of relative fixed cost metrics to reward better players as they play. Make it all team options/qualify players.

I'm of the opinion Fletcher went bridge on Sanheim and traded for Braun when he did to essentially have some roster spots identified/fixed costs defined going into UFA.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I like the kings jersey. More throwback jerseys please

The Flyers need to bring back these bad boys.

308845.0.jpg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Islanders thirds?

Jets 3rd is considerably worse

Okay. I thought it was clear I meant regular jerseys, not novelty or third ones!

I don't even think the Jets ones are as bad by the way. Yes, they're bland and that logo is atrocious.....but the sky blue color is alright and different. Even ugly novelty jerseys with interesting colors can work in a so bad, it's good sort of way. All black and white and grey, with that bleh 'LA' logo, is just THE WORST. It's bland, unmemorable, zero creativity. It deserves to be donated to the homeless.

LA needs to go to a more retro design with the logo of the crown. That's step 1. I personally think the retro purple jerseys are beauties and like no other jersey in hockey, but even if they kept the black primaries, they need to add in purple and/or yellow accents to spice it up. That's just common sense.

37154.jpg

^beauty

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Okay. I thought it was clear I meant regular jerseys, not novelty or third ones!

I don't even think the Jets ones are as bad by the way. Yes, they're bland and that logo is atrocious.....but the sky blue color is alright and different. Even ugly novelty jerseys with interesting colors can work in a so bad, it's good sort of way. All black and white and grey, with that bleh 'LA' logo, is just THE WORST. It's bland, unmemorable, zero creativity. It deserves to be donated to the homeless.

LA needs to go to a more retro design with the logo of the crown. That's step 1. I personally think the retro purple jerseys are beauties and like no other jersey in hockey, but even if they kept the black primaries, they need to add in purple and/or yellow accents to spice it up. That's just common sense.

37154.jpg

^beauty

Yeah those purples are lovely.

Reactions: Fragmuffin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Call me crazy, but I think those burnt orange stadium series jerseys were sweet and a good 3rd jersey with some minor tweaks. They need a splash of white around the numbers/names/logo. Don't like the two tone. Maybe a white stripe on the sleeves/bottom. Then get rid of the goofy helmet logo and make the helmets all burnt orange, like Nashville with yellow. Bam. Those black 3rd jerseys made in a Chinese sweat shop need to be sent to the bottom of the ocean. That's just a fact.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Call me crazy, but I think those burnt orange stadium series jerseys were sweet and a good 3rd jersey with some minor tweaks. They need a splash of white around the numbers/names/logo. Don't like the two tone. Maybe a white stripe on the sleeves/bottom. Then get rid of the goofy helmet logo and make the helmets all burnt orange, like Nashville with yellow. Bam. Those black 3rd jerseys made in a Chinese sweat shop need to be sent to the bottom of the ocean. That's just a fact.

Yeah if they added some white those would be sick..and the burnt orange helmet..yes please

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
The 2012 Winter Classic jersey and the 50th anniversary jersey are the two worst things to ever happen to this organization

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
The 2012 Winter Classic jersey and the 50th anniversary jersey are the two worst things to ever happen to this organization
2012+Bridgestone+NHL+Winter+Classic+New+York+tfJHaHyrw5Ql.jpg

You hate these beauties more than years of CCM Propac, Leon Stickle, the acquisition of Billy Tibbetts, the concussions of Eric Lindros, the lottery loss and subsequent Patrick Kane goal, the career-ending eye injuries of Parent and Pronger, the Bryzgalov signing, and the cancers/disfigurements/deaths of multiple active players? :laugh:

Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
These are the best jerseys. Maybe remove the black outlining, though;
upload_2019-9-1_0-18-17.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad