Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
if i were the caps i would take a shot on him at 50 percent but that is it.

They're doing fine without him. I don't see why a team in the playoff hunt would bring that type of risk in right now.

Their current GM was on staff when they let him go last time. I really can't see what would change his opinion on that now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Blues got the far better player, so there's that. Goc would be a dream if we could land him somehow this summer

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
@BSH_THG_Charlie Flyers aren't winning anything this year. I'd love to think a relatively unimportant January game caused their rivals to make an awful deal.

Sure seems like the cause based on the timing. :handclap:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
B8Z8kvNCQAA1fWD.png

His corsi relative is also really bad really consistantly. I don't even talk about advanced statistics much, but this move makes zero sense for Pittsburgh on any level.

Fans on their boards, some of them, actually like it though because he's "tough to play against". Guess Downie didn't cover enough crazy.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
B8Z8kvNCQAA1fWD.png

His corsi relative is also really bad really consistantly. I don't even talk about advanced statistics much, but this move makes zero sense for Pittsburgh on any level.

Fans on their boards, some of them, actually like it though because he's "tough to play against". Guess Downie didn't cover enough crazy.

He is not tough to play against. Nobody is scared of lapierre. I remember him getting ***** slapped by powe back in the day.

He's just another fake tough guy they signed that will wilt when **** gets too real in games. They never get anybody really tough at all. Thorton, Neil, Clifford, Winnik, these are guys you go get for toughness that can play. Lapierre? Straight *****.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Someone suggested Richards for MacDonald.

Would you do it?

I wouldn't.

Richard's contract is worse and he'd probably be less helpful to the team than MacDonald. I'd rather have a 5m 2nd pair defenseman than a 5.75m 4th line center when we already have a 4.5m 4th line winger...

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
He is not tough to play against. Nobody is scared of lapierre. I remember him getting ***** slapped by powe back in the day.

He's just another fake tough guy they signed that will wilt when **** gets too real in games. They never get anybody really tough at all. Thorton, Neil, Clifford, Winnik, these are guys you go get for toughness that can play. Lapierre? Straight *****.

Heck, the Pens brought up their minor league goons for a game vs. the Flyers and they got their butts handed to them by our Euros in their first fights!!!! The Pens are going nowhere.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
if the kings keep 50 percent of the richards contract yeah id do it. If he is to ever have any sort of comeback its going to be in this city.

IF the Kings are prepared to do that, they could probably get something better than AMac, like a pack of gum or some practice pucks.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
under no circumstance should Richards be brought back here, not that it will happen anyway.

bad player on a bad contract that left on bad terms. only thing it would do is sell newspapers and collect web hits for our controversy driven beat writers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad