Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It just makes Edmonton's decision not to loan him to Germany for the WJC's look even dumber.

His junior club (Prince Albert) is pretty terrible & already trade the only player worth damn in Morrissey so I would imagine he'll be possibly moved in the WHL as well.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It just makes Edmonton's decision not to loan him to Germany for the WJC's look even dumber.

His junior club (Prince Albert) is pretty terrible & already trade the only player worth damn in Morrissey so I would imagine he'll be possibly moved in the WHL as well.

Yuuup

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
it just makes edmonton's decision not to loan him to germany for the wjc's look even dumber.

His junior club (prince albert) is pretty terrible & already trade the only player worth damn in morrissey so i would imagine he'll be possibly moved in the whl as well.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna has to dump an import, he's playing in the WJC, that's why the trade can't be done yet.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would have opted for "24" or perhaps a #24 from Flyers past such as Derrick Smith.

That's before my time, Derrick Smith left the Flyers before I was even born. :laugh:

I was born in March of 1993, so the earliest Flyers I can remember are Primeau, Recchi and Leclair... and even that's pretty hazy.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
It is unlikely that they get McDavid. Though it is gonna be disappointing seeing the best American forward prospect in years get ruined.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It is unlikely that they get McDavid. Though it is gonna be disappointing seeing the best American forward prospect in years get ruined.

How's it unlikely? They have the best odds of landing the #1 pick currently (I highly doubt that changes by season's end).

They may indeed lose the lottery when all is said & done but tough to say it's unlikely they'll land the #1 pick.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
How's it unlikely? They have the best odds of landing the #1 pick currently (I highly doubt that changes by season's end).

They may indeed lose the lottery when all is said & done but tough to say it's unlikely they'll land the #1 pick.

20% at best, seems unlikely to me. Stop being so argumentative.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I guess you're right since, although they have the best chance of any team, there's an 80% chance someone other than them get's it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I guess you're right since, although they have the best chance of any team, there's an 80% chance someone other than them get's it.

We'll see, it wouldn't shock me either way.

It sucks they couldn't fully implement the changes of the lottery system this year with the top 3 picks being up for grabs like the NBA. It should be a good thing for the league going forward since the parity in the NHL is light years beyond the NBA.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Some are saying they gave a choice if he wanted to go to worlds. How is is his call what's best for his development :laugh:

What a **** show. Like some said earlier, would love their top pick to refuse to play.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What's going on?

Their top pick from this past draft Leon Draisaitl has been struggling badly in the NHL this year. He really shouldn't have made the cut past the 9 game tryout.

It was speculated by most that he probably should have been loaned to Germany for the WJC's prior to the tournament to at least gain some confidence since he was playing awful but Edmonton declined to do so. We're a couple of games into the tournament & now they're deciding to send him back juniors. So if they did this week's ago he likely would have been playing in it. Germany would have faired a better chance of not getting relegated out of the top division with him so I would imagine they're not too happy right now. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad