Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The most annoying thing for me when it comes to JR is when he tries to downplay what type of player he was when talking about players now. He scored 500+ goals & tries to act like he was some stiff sometimes.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The most annoying thing for me when it comes to JR is when he tries to downplay what type of player he was when talking about players now. He scored 500+ goals & tries to act like he was some stiff sometimes.

But that is the guy he is. He is very humble and is very down to earth guy. As someone who has been around quite a bit of athletes that is very refreshing let me tell you.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
NHL players do that. Gretzky's list of players who were better than him probably has about 120 entries by now. If you sat Orr, Howe, Gretzky, and Lemieux in a room and asked them to debate who was the best player, they would all insist it isn't themselves.

Brigid1011*

People have mentioned the LA Kings as one team. Detroit(always looking for help on defense and Coburn would play the right side), Winnipeg, Vancouver, Chicago maybe, Montreal. Teams might start making runs a little later too like the Wild who could use an upgrade in the top four.

Just my speculation, but it's been documented that teams like him, that he would be a commodity. I don't think it's just a first rounder either. A first round pick this year as well as a 2nd rounder from next year or something around that type of deal.

Also, the Oilers offered 37, 56, and 57 for him. I just looked back at the draft.

The Oilers offered two 2nd round picks and Paajarvi if I'm not mistaking not three 2nd round picks

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
But that is the guy he is. He is very humble and is very down to earth guy. As someone who has been around quite a bit of athletes that is very refreshing let me tell you.

He tries to play the shtick a lot of analysts play when they downgrade themselves. It just doesn't work for him & makes him look even more like an idiot, there's a fine line of being realistic & being humble.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 3h3 hours ago

The #Sabres have suspended Nikita Zadorov for failure to report to the team on time following the break. Wow.

... Being benched in a prospects tournament and now this. Thank goodness we didn't draft this guy.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Sabres suspended Zadorov for failing to report on time post All-Star break.

Hadn't he had issues like this in the past?

I don't think so but he really isn't helping out the cause for russian stereotypes.

He dogged it a lot on the ice in London last year. A lot of their fans were really hoping Buffalo wouldn't return him to start the year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad