Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wondering if you would have considered Kesler as that player, had that happened.

I wasn't sure what to think if they got him; Kesler had shown in the past he could be a great two way player, but had recently taken a big hit in the quality of his play. Didn't know what would happen if they had gotten him, but there would have been concern.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Down year for Clendening plus Chicago already has 4 RHDs on their NHL roster (must be nice) and Ville Pokka isn't too far off. That and Clendening would have to go through waivers soon. They get an upside stash in Forsling. Maybe Vancouver thinks they are selling high on him? Good move for both sides I guess.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Down year for Clendening plus Chicago already has 4 RHDs on their NHL roster (must be nice) and Ville Pokka isn't too far off. That and Clendening would have to go through waivers soon. They get an upside stash in Forsling. Maybe Vancouver thinks they are selling high on him? Good move for both sides I guess.

Well said

Also have Paliotta (RHD) expected to sign and join Hawks organization at conclusion of year and Johns in AHL as well

Hawks have a plethora of defensive prospects stashed away in Sweden to develop before making jump to North America as well now

Carl Dahlstrom (2nd round , 2013)
Robin Norell (4th round , 2013)
Robin Press (7th round , 2013)
Andreas Soderberg (5th round , 2014)
Gustav Forsling (5th round , 2014)

A couple of those guys probably make jump in next 2-4 years at which time Hawks current crop of D prospects either sink or swim at NHL level in coming cap crunch years

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
He got chased out of net pretty bad......looked like his worst debacles here and the goals against reminded me of the ones scored against him in Philly...deflections, overcommitting etc. I mean he didn't have a lot of help but Bryz didn't help himself at times either..

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
A rare prospect for prospect swap as Chicago sends D Adam Clendening to Vancouver for D Gustav Forsling.

Always thought he would be a good pickup for us for the future...a RHD who is a PMD.

Oh well.

Good trade for both teams though. Vancouver gets the more ready player today and Chicago gets a LHD for the future as they have no spots open anyways...delay the gratification...lol.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
i still just dont understand how you go from how good he was in Phoenix to the trainwreck that is his career now... even the change in defense and defensive system wouldn't cause a player to be that much worse after leaving.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
i still just dont understand how you go from how good he was in Phoenix to the trainwreck that is his career now... even the change in defense and defensive system wouldn't cause a player to be that much worse after leaving.

The Phoenix fans pointed out his instabilities. I theorize the massive, long-term security that contract gave him just made him complacent and brought those instabilities to the front. He basically won the lottery, and for some people it can kill your drive to work if you don't really need to work anymore.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Even NFL teams knew better than to ever sign Albert Haynesworth again, and a bad player on the D line is far less detrimental than a bad player in net.

Yeah Anaheim fans want to pull the plug already. The last three guys they've brought in were Bourque, Bryz, & Brewer amounting into a lot of suckage for a fair amount of capspace.

They'll probably have to tough it out until end of the year as I'm not sure if their management wants to split time between Andersen & Gibson. They're still going to make the playoffs but Bryz might cost them the #1.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Phoenix fans pointed out his instabilities. I theorize the massive, long-term security that contract gave him just made him complacent and brought those instabilities to the front. He basically won the lottery, and for some people it can kill your drive to work if you don't really need to work anymore.

Interesting viewpoint

Seems Mike Smith is following in his footsteps

Guy was made by the Yotes system and now with big contract extension in hand has turned back into Mike Smith pre-Yotes

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Flyers are only 9 points out of a playoff spot. Comeback kids?

We're only 9 points from the Rangers, but we have played 4 more games then them. We are 11 points from the Bruins and they only have 1 game in hand. We have a chance if the Bruins or Rangers AND the Panthers collapse and we take care of business with this cup cake schedule coming up. But that's a lot of if's. We would need a ton of help to get in.

RJ8812*

ya, we can make the playoffs in order to love in the first round

#pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad