Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXI (NHL rule changes, post #36)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Canucks GM Benning can't spell 'Philadelphia', nor does he seem to know the depth chart of the Flyers

Read-Giroux-Simmonds
Umberger-Schenn-Voracek
Raffl-Couturier-Akeson
Rosehill-Lecavalier-Rinaldo
White

I hope that's not what the Flyers are going with. :help:

I do like that he has the birth year next to each name, though.

Curious to know what the difference is between blue text and black text. At first I thought that blue meant unavailable, but Ovechkin's name is in black for the Caps.

Luongo is blue too. Is blue former Nucks players/prospects? I'm feeling a bit too lazy to rewind and compare.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Canucks GM Benning can't spell 'Philadelphia', nor does he seem to know the depth chart of the Flyers

Read-Giroux-Simmonds
Umberger-Schenn-Voracek
Raffl-Couturier-Akeson
White

Curious to know what the difference is between blue text and black text. At first I thought that blue meant unavailable, but Ovechkin's name is in black for the Caps.

He seemingly does not know Timonen is out for now... and Grossmann and Schenn together? :laugh: Or that we have Schultz.

All the East ones seem a complete mess... the West is more in line though.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Read-Giroux-Simmonds
Umberger-Schenn-Voracek
Raffl-Couturier-Akeson
White

He seemingly does not know Timonen is out for now... and Grossmann and Schenn together? :laugh: Or that we have Schultz.

All the East ones seem a complete mess... the West is more in line though.

It's probably based on a player's perceived value.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I think blue represents players the gm would be instrested in getting. Not many blue in the tml roster. Smart gm!

Actuay benning does not really strike me as a sharp guy.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Luongo is blue too. Is blue former Nucks players/prospects? I'm feeling a bit too lazy to rewind and compare.

Don't think so. Giroux, Jake, Couts, Read, Simmer, Schenn, Kimmo, Coburn and Mason are written in blue. Looking at the names I'd venture a guess at a potential top 6 and/or starters - but Kimmo's inclusion contradicts that. As well as Ovechkin written in black.

Someone should email Benning and ask.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
After reading the threads on the main boards and other teams boards I think there's a bunch things that would make me almost as happy as the Flyers making the playoffs. For example, the Leafs missing the playoffs (bonus points for them completely bombing), the Islanders missing the playoffs, Ryan not signing with the Senators, ect.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
That one guy in the Ryan trade thread has some serious issues. He's pretty much just arguing with himself.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
The majority of flyers fans aren't even saying Ryan to Philly is a sure thing, it's usually fans from other teams, but flyers fans are the ones getting a bad rap for it

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
The majority of flyers fans aren't even saying Ryan to Philly is a sure thing, it's usually fans from other teams, but flyers fans are the ones getting a bad rap for it

Yep. Most of us really dont care one way or the other, at least I dont. I will say though that if the Flyers were to offer him a nice long term contract, he'd sign it no doubt. I'd bet money on it. Thing is, I dont really get the feeling Hextall will pursue him all that heavily; and really why should he? We're pretty deep at RW as it is, then factor in Voracek's and other guys' raises that will be coming up.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I only want Ryan as a LW and at a hometown discount. Otherwise, I hope he goes back to the West.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Dave Isaac ‏@davegisaac 29m
Snider brought up the Bryz situation and revealed that Bob told Flyers he wouldn’t return after his contract because of Bryz’s contract.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Not all that shocking and not really anything to begrudge Bob with. If anything the fact that he was candid about his intentions is nice to hear.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
that bryz contract has to go down as the worst signing in Flyers history for length/$$$/ and results...

laffably bad that deal.

least its over n dealt with..

ps did Bryz find a team for this year ? i cant even remember were he ended up by the end of last season

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
that bryz contract has to go down as the worst signing in Flyers history for length/$$$/ and results...

laffably bad that deal.

least its over n dealt with..

ps did Bryz find a team for this year ? i cant even remember were he ended up by the end of last season

I'm still going with the Leighton signing, because while acquiring Bryz was at least fine in theory, keeping Leighton was NOT fine in theory and it caused the Bryz signing.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I'm still going with the Leighton signing, because while acquiring Bryz was at least fine in theory, keeping Leighton was NOT fine in theory and it caused the Bryz signing.

hahaa.. Beef i love how you daisychain everything back to Leighton.

im looking for to this season for more renewed Leights chat since hes back and on CHI system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad