Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXI (NHL rule changes, post #36)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I should just bet against the Flyers every single game. If they lose at least I make some money, if they win then I could just think of it like I payed for them to win, which is something I could live with. :sarcasm:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The money line was -300 Chicago at some places. :laugh:

Oh I know, I bet on them haha.

Going to bet against every team that plays back to back road games for as long as I can stay afloat.

Took the Flyers and Leafs last night, 1-1. Took Chicago and Arizona tonight, 0-1 with AZ still to be determined.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Best post of the day in the Flyers Facebook group:

Jeff Carter: 4 games played, 5 points, +8
Claude Giroux: 4 games played, 5 points, -4

Discuss

Further discussion from said brainiac:

Carter: 5.7M a year
Giroux: 8.2M a year

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Best post of the day in the Flyers Facebook group:

Jeff Carter: 4 games played, 5 points, +8
Claude Giroux: 4 games played, 5 points, -4

Discuss

Further discussion from said brainiac:

Carter: 5.7M a year
Giroux: 8.2M a year

I hardly remember any of this crap when Richards was our star player... and he, even at his peak when he was a Selke Calibre player (I still seeth over him not having a Selke... 07-09 he was absurd defensively... he started in his own zone 70% of the time in 07-08 and was still PPG... how. If people in general had greater access to advanced stats as they do now he would be talked about like Toews and Kopitar are now) was not as good as Giroux.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I hardly remember any of this crap when Richards was our star player... and he, even at his peak when he was a Selke Calibre player (I still seeth over him not having a Selke... 07-09 he was absurd defensively... he started in his own zone 70% of the time in 07-08 and was still PPG... how. If people in general had greater access to advanced stats as they do now he would be talked about like Toews and Kopitar are now) was not as good as Giroux.

This guy is doing the +/- thing about production. I know you've got some link handy on how +/- isn't a good stat to compare by itself between people on different teams.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
This guy is doing the +/- thing about production. I know you've got some link handy on how +/- isn't a good stat to compare by itself between people on different teams.

The fact Kopitar was -44 combined in the 3 years the Kings did not make the playoffs... (-14.7 average per year)

and +91 in the 5 years they have made the playoffs really says it all! (+18.2 average)

And also his two best years +/- wise were the two years the Kings team had the best Goal Difference of the last 5...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

It's almost like Carter is playing in front of a good defense instead of what has to be bottom 3 in the league without both Timonen and Coburn.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Carter is a great even strength player. There probably hasn't been a single player in the past 3 seasons who has gone through the greatest turnaround in terms of how he is perceived by the public.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's pretty sad but the Flyers haven't had a good opening month since 2010-11. Their record was alright to start the 11-12 season, but of course they suffered the devastating Pronger injury, followed soon after by that 9-8 loss to the Jets which still annoys me to this day.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's pretty sad but the Flyers haven't had a good opening month since 2010-11. Their record was alright to start the 11-12 season, but of course they suffered the devastating Pronger injury, followed soon after by that 9-8 loss to the Jets which still annoys me to this day.

Me too. If you ask me what the most annoying Flyers regular season loss is, that Jets game flies into my mind immediately.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I seem to remember that as the first time I really thought "You know...this Bryz guy looks like a complete scam" and really began looking at him critically. He was rapidly found lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad