Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXI (NHL rule changes, post #36)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerTime2181

Nov 3, 2010
Okay how do you do the update for PS4? I just put the game in it said it needed to update (apparently did?) and now I still don't have Del Zotto ect.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can a mod ban him for being stupid? I hope so.

:laugh: I mean at some point consistent ignorance is just abusive to the people who accidentally read it.

Though you have to give him credit for having the balls to use that title when talking about Clarkson. I should make a thread titled "PPG center to Toronto" and have it be a Scott Gomez for Morgan Rielly trade proposal.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
:laugh: I mean at some point consistent ignorance is just abusive to the people who accidentally read it.

Though you have to give him credit for having the balls to use that title when talking about Clarkson. I should make a thread titled "PPG center to Toronto" and have it be a Scott Gomez for Morgan Rielly trade proposal.

Not only that. The "yeah you might probably get a 1st, maybe, yeah maybe well.. hmm in 2016... No way in 2015, no way. But we are already sending you Clarkson so it is not like you should not be thanking for our 2nd already." sentence is a cherry on top. Balls of steel.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
It's annoying in the sens Bobby Ryan thread one guy says "if Ryan wants to go to philly so bad giroux obviously wants to come to Ottawa, so we should swap them" even though giroux lived like 12 or more hours away from Ottawa and signed a long term contract with the flyers. Completely different situation

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
It's annoying in the sens Bobby Ryan thread one guy says "if Ryan wants to go to philly so bad giroux obviously wants to come to Ottawa, so we should swap them" even though giroux lived like 12 or more hours away from Ottawa and signed a long term contract with the flyers. Completely different situation

It's clearly the same. I mean Giroux knew key members of the Ottawa organization like Bobby Ryan did with the Flyers. :sarcasm:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas

To be fair, its also probably annoying to have Flyers fans (or not) pop in every Ryan thread declaring that his coming here is inevitable.

The more reasonable line--that if Ryan were to hit UFA, the Flyers would likely be interested, have never balked at spending, and can offer some benefits that other teams can't--if too often overwhelmed by silliness.

Once he signs in Ottawa (which I still think most likely), Flyers fans are going to have to suffer through a hundred versions of I-told-you-so's.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
To be fair, its also probably annoying to have Flyers fans (or not) pop in every Ryan thread declaring that his coming here is inevitable.

The more reasonable line--that if Ryan were to hit UFA, the Flyers would likely be interested, have never balked at spending, and can offer some benefits that other teams can't--if too often overwhelmed by silliness.

Once he signs in Ottawa (which I still think most likely), Flyers fans are going to have to suffer through a hundred versions of I-told-you-so's.

I personally dont really care if we get him or not. Even if he does get to UFA, I dont see Hextall throwing him a huge contract.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Saku was one of my all-time favourites; for some reason I really took a liking to him during a World Junior Championship.

It's a shame he could never lift the Cup. One of the nicest guys in the sport.

Happy retirement!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

God I keep forgetting how good this draft could be.

Rantanen ranked 20 (and not exactly unfairly) he would be projected as top 10 pick in several recent drafts. He pretty much has everything apart from electric skating, but skates ok for such a big guy and is strong on his skates.

Also... no Rasmus Andersson? I think he will seriously impress in the OHL this year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
We need to find a way to get a 2nd round pick if possible.

I don't see it happening unless something big happens. We don't have anything that would really warrant getting a 2nd rounder in return unless there is something bigger at play. If we are sellers at the deadline (which is possible, though unlikely if you ask me) our big chips would be the Schenns and Coburn, maybe VL depending on how he is playing. I would consider trading the Schenns or Coburn as a big move, and there would likely (hopefully) be more than just a 2nd rounder coming back. If VL is playing well and we either have no need for him because someone has stepped up, or we are selling, he could return a second rounder. Grossmann won't get that return unless a team is desperate and he has zero health issues this season.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
We need to find a way to get a 2nd round pick if possible.

Trading Grossmann near the deadline when/if Kimmo comes back maybe, he would command a ~2nd. Though in this draft people may err and say a 3rd and 4th or a 2nd from next year instead.

That would leave:

Timonen-Coburn
MacDonald-Streit
Del Zotto-Schenn
Schultz

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I don't see it happening unless something big happens. We don't have anything that would really warrant getting a 2nd rounder in return unless there is something bigger at play. If we are sellers at the deadline (which is possible, though unlikely if you ask me) our big chips would be the Schenns and Coburn, maybe VL depending on how he is playing. I would consider trading the Schenns or Coburn as a big move, and there would likely (hopefully) be more than just a 2nd rounder coming back. If VL is playing well and we either have no need for him because someone has stepped up, or we are selling, he could return a second rounder. Grossmann won't get that return unless a team is desperate and he has zero health issues this season.

In a normal year a cusp playoff team who want to get in or a team who are getting ready for a run would give a 2nd for Grossmann at the deadline.

In the last 3 years:

Quincey for a 1st and a minor leaguer.
Gaustad and a 4th for a 1st.
Reghr for 2 2nd round picks.
Roy for a 2nd + prospect.
Oduya for a 2nd and a 3rd.
Clowe for a 2nd, 3rd and conditional 2nd.
Murray for a 2nd and and a conditional 2nd.
Vermette for a 2nd, a backup and a 5th.
Grossmann for a 2nd and a 3rd.
Kubina for a 2nd, 4th and minor leaguer.
Leopold for a 2nd and a conditional 4th.
Kostitsyn for a 2nd and a conditional 5th.
Gill and a 5th for a 2nd and two minor leaguers.
Moore and a 7th for a 2nd.

Goc for a 3rd and a 5th.
Meszaros for a 3rd and conditional pick.
Stempniak for a 3rd.
Torres for a 3rd.
Wolski for a 3rd and a minor leaguer.
Handzus for a 4th.
Robidas for a 4th.
Smithson for a 4th.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
In a normal year a cusp playoff team who want to get in or a team who are getting ready for a run would give a 2nd for Grossmann at the deadline.

I'd love to get that return for Grossmann, but I'd be surprised about if we got that, unless like I said he is completely healthy all season up to that and a team is desperate. If he's got injury concerns (or rides the pine) for the first half, I doubt a team would shell out a second rounder for him. We'll see though. I like Gorssmann and am hopeful that he rebounds, but with Ghost waiting in the wings and MDZ possibly being a steal of an addition, he is easily the most expendable member of the blueline.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
If Del Zotto bounces back we could trade him after the season to regain some picks. Then Ghost takes his spot on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad