Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXI (NHL rule changes, post #36)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Sabre's just aren't very good down the middle or on the backend right now. All the talent they do have is pretty much green there.

I think Zadorov gets sent back to juniors or heads over seas for this year. Ristolanien might be a candidate to be sent down to the AHL as well. It's really hard to play in the NHL as a teenage defensemen in general but espeically on a defense like Buffalo where your best two defensemen are Myers (widely inconsistent) & Georges (playing way out of his element).

I liked some of the moves they made & I think Nolan's a good coach for that team. If they can get McDavid or Eichel I think they're much improved next year. I think the thing that separates them from Edmonton is that they're drafting centers & defensemen first.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
First period in Florida... why do they even have a team?

Bz3Xij1IMAApFOS.jpg

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Under their new ownership, Florida is stopping their ridiculous giveaways in order to build and retain their season ticket holders at the expense of short-term attendance. There's an interesting thread in the Business of Hockey section of the forum about it.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If they don't increase short term attendance there won't be any long term attendance.

There's more people at Flyers practices then at that arena right now, and half of them are probably Ottawa fans.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
They can't fill theyre arena when they give the tickets away. How is their plan to charge more for their tickets going to fill the arena?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The media is laughing at them tonight, it's not just your local beat writers neither.

If it continues & it likely will I don't know how you can justify keeping them there when there's more suitable places on the market.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I expect to see pics like that in March or April when the Panthers have been eliminated from playoff contention and the weather's nice enough and not scorching hot in FLA yet. To see that image from what could only be their 1st or 2nd home game at most is disturbing...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm actually watching this game since it's a close game compared to the only other one on which isn't but both Florida & Ottawa look like they'll be potentially picking in the top 5 this June.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Their GDT's are just as embarrassing. I didn't read or post here when the Thrashers were still a team but I imagine their board looked very similar.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I expect to see pics like that in March or April when the Panthers have been eliminated from playoff contention and the weather's nice enough and not scorching hot in FLA yet. To see that image from what could only be their 1st or 2nd home game at most is disturbing...

Panthers are eliminated from playoff contention every October.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Their GDT's are just as embarrassing. I didn't read or post here when the Thrashers were still a team but I imagine their board looked very similar.

Not really. Atlanta had a pretty solid fan base. It was their owners that screwed them over.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So tomorrow's game on NBCSN is between Carolina & Buffalo. It honestly could be the worst matchup since the network began after the lockout.

Carolina was already terrible to begin with but will be without Eric Staal & Patrick Dwyer on top of injuries we already knew for a while now in Eric Staal & Jeff Skinner. Buffalo's Buffalo, they'll be playing in back to back days. I don't think anyone would be surprised if one of these teams is picking #1 in June.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
So tomorrow's game on NBCSN is between Carolina & Buffalo. It honestly could be the worst matchup since the network began after the lockout.

Carolina was already terrible to begin with but will be without Eric Staal & Patrick Dwyer on top of injuries we already knew for a while now in Eric Staal & Jeff Skinner. Buffalo's Buffalo, they'll be playing in back to back days. I don't think anyone would be surprised if one of these teams is picking #1 in June.

Yeah I can't believe that's the game on. No idea how games get picked but who in the world thought that would be a good matchup?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
the great and powerful Gary Bettman is probably still convinced southern Florida is a viable hockey market.

They're just waiting for hurricane season for their "$20 for shelter and a hockey game" promotions.

That being said, I can completely sympathize with the real Panthers fans, having been a huge Expos diehard. The attendance jokes are all that get airtime about the team.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I want a dakota team, we shall name them the fannings:yo:

Well... the way this season is going Grand Forks looks like a more legitimate market than Sunrise! :laugh:

University of North Dakota are averaging more fans than the Panthers. (and they probably will at the end of the year... they usually average 11,500 over the season in a 11,600 arena.)

7,300 fans is awful... in the late 90's there were a few British teams averaging 8000 a game... and the top three teams still average ~4,500 over the season in smaller arenas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad