Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXI (NHL rule changes, post #36)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well... the way this season is going Grand Forks looks like a more legitimate market than Sunrise! :laugh:

University of North Dakota are averaging more fans than the Panthers. (and they probably will at the end of the year... they usually average 11,500 over the season in a 11,600 arena.)

7,300 fans is awful... in the late 90's there were a few British teams averaging 8000 a game... and the top three teams still average ~4,500 over the season in smaller arenas.

The Quebec Rempart had 10,500 for their season opener.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Wow, that is awful. There really should not be a team there. Expand to Seattle and somewhere else out west (KC? Portland?), move Florida to QC or Hamilton/Toronto.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah I can't believe that's the game on. No idea how games get picked but who in the world thought that would be a good matchup?

Buffalo gets their fair share of games since it's a good hockey market regardless if they're bad or not.

Carolina I would guess is just their way of trying to spread it around so you don't have Philadelphia, Boston, Pittsburgh, Detriot, Chicago, etc. on all the time.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
They can't fill theyre arena when they give the tickets away. How is their plan to charge more for their tickets going to fill the arena?

They need to rebuild the integrity of their tickets. They have none because fans just expect to receive free tickets somehow.

I work in ticket sales and have worked on both ends of the spectrum - teams who look to fill the building at all (or no) costs, and teams who fight tooth and nail not to give away tickets.

On the major sports job posting site, the Panthers almost always have jobs listed. On my last team (AAA baseball) my managers referenced them and said they'd NEVER recommend us to take a job there, because if you don't turn the franchise around single-handedly, you're getting canned. Hopefully that's changing with the new management model. It will take a couple years to "train" fans to purchase tickets...but if the team is good enough, that will force them to buy.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The Quebec Rempart had 10,500 for their season opener.

Yeh, Quebec averaged like 11k the other year!

Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota average ~11k each last season.

Teams like:

Spokane
Portland
Edmonton
Saskatoon
Calgary
Vancouver
Everett
Halifax
Ottawa
Kitchener
London

In Juniors have hit 7300 or more in the last year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They need to rebuild the integrity of their tickets. They have none because fans just expect to receive free tickets somehow.

How do you rebuild integrity of tickets and put that product out on ice? Also Panther fans are upset with condition of arena under Viola ownership

Broken lights , Broken machines , Damaged seats , Not cleaned , etc were complaints from these early games from people attending

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
How do you rebuild integrity of tickets and put that product out on ice? Also Panther fans are upset with condition of arena under Viola ownership

Broken lights , Broken machines , Damaged seats , Not cleaned , etc were complaints from these early games from people attending

Nothing was more embarrassing than this:

glass-florida-e1386731185692.jpg

I would've lost my mind if I had to sit behind that

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nothing was more embarrassing than this:

glass-florida-e1386731185692.jpg

I would've lost my mind if I had to sit behind that

I don't know would Flyers ever open year with broken displays like this

laus_tweet.jpg

And then next game after media picked up on it simply glue the broken piece instead of replacing it?

CA66A0B5_zps84cb463b.jpg

Who knows how many other things are taped/glued as fix in that arena under this ownership group

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
No way would this happen in the nba, or the nfl. Those two entities always make sure that regardless of the owners spending habits , the facilities must be in tip top shape.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Apparently buffalo is shopping Myers.

LETS GIVE THEM ALL THE SCHENNS

Would anyone be open to moving one of our 4 main D prospects in a package for him? He's still only 24, so it's not like this is a trade for a rental/over-the-hill player.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Change Hagg to one of our two third rounders and I'm on board.

I've always kind of liked the Schenns, but I'm just sick of hearing about them at this point. If Brayden becomes a 60 point winger elsewhere like JVR has then at least we'll be prepared for what that feels like.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Don't think these offers are enough. I think it would have to be the Schenn Family, Hagg, and Jody Shelley's game worn skate laces to push it over the top.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Either of these D combos would look a lot better to me.

Coburn-Myers
Grossmann-Streit
MDZ-MacDonald
Schultz

Coburn-Myers
Grossmann-Streit
Schultz-MacDonald
MDZ

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

Well clearly they're not. I'm sure they were hoping the team would be so good and character driven that fans would buy regardless of the shambled arena. But it takes effort and FULL experience to rebuild integrity of the full product.

It's not rocket science, but the Panthers are trying to make it seem like it.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
@s_ghost14: Just brought 27 coupons to Bed Bath & Beyond with @StolieTheGoalie and we don't know if we look cheap or smart..... #extremecouponers
5:02pm - 14 Oct 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad