Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXI (NHL rule changes, post #36)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Oh, wow, Cleary has been a healthy scratch thus far, even though all the experts here were sure how bad of a signing that was, because he was going to take away spots from the youngsters.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Either way it's a bad signing. You're either paying someone to not play or you're paying a guy to take up a space that would be better occupied by a superior/younger player.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh, wow, Cleary has been a healthy scratch thus far, even though all the experts here were sure how bad of a signing that was, because he was going to take away spots from the youngsters.

He would've been taking up cap space though, and would have been yet another unmovable asset.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
So Brodin signs a 6 year extension with the Wild. What happened to bridge deals? Hahaha

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 1m

Brodin's contract is 6 yrs, $25M. He is a good player, that's a good deal for both.

Good deal

Last edited:

RJ8812*

should be an automatic ejection to Shaw for that. Did the ref even call it?

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
should be an automatic ejection to Shaw for that. Did the ref even call it?

Nope, Myers got 2 for roughing though...

I like how Myers waits until Shaw turns his head before he punches him.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Good job Myers.

Shaw deserves to get hurt there. Typical that he'd get away with it too, the person who actually deserves a penalty is hardly ever the one who gets it

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

If I'm not mistaken he was Detroit's Grossmann/Rinaldo, the guy who kept getting ice time he didn't deserve

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
If I'm not mistaken he was Detroit's Grossmann/Rinaldo, the guy who kept getting ice time he didn't deserve
My point was that everyone was so vocal and omniscient saying how Cleary will absolutely be in the lineup this year, taking away youngsters' spots. Thus far, he hasn't been. And my point back then when the debate was ongoing was that everyone should be a bit more humble in terms of their abilities to predict the future and get into the minds of others. I was of course shot down as being ridiculous for thinking this way.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
I watched the first 2 Flyer games away at school on my 34" TV. I came home and was watching the Montreal game on my 60" TV. I stream through my Mac using hockeystreams. At school, everything is good; but during the Montreal game the TVs brightness seemed to be changing every couple seconds. Is this a hockeystreams issue? Or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad