Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXI (NHL rule changes, post #36)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Bed, Bath and Beyond sucks, but God damn if they don't have the best coupon policy in the game. Furnished a lot of my place with the help of that wonderful loophole.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
5 goals against on 16 shots for the Oilers. Down 5-0 to the Kings and it's not even half way through the second.

Suddenly, I don't feel so bad about tonight's loss.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
The Oilers are starting to trend into the Cleveland Browns territory for me (if they're not already there), no matter what it's the same terribleness every year.

Yeah, it's mind-boggling really. All that talent and they still can't turn it around.

I have no idea why they traded for Purcell.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, it's mind-boggling really. All that talent and they still can't turn it around.

I have no idea why they traded for Purcell.

Despite the talent, they built the team like a bunch of idiots. They neglected to start the rebuild by focusing on the backend & down the middle instead they drafted a ton of wingers who play similar styles (MPS being one of them that didn't pan out). The one center they did take was a really undersized one in the Western Conference where every team worth a damn has these big skilled centers. It also doesn't help that two of them RNH & Yakupov haven't played well since their rookie years.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Despite the talent, they built the team like a bunch of idiots. They neglected to start the rebuild by focusing on the backend & down the middle instead they drafted a ton of wingers who play similar styles (MPS being one of them that didn't pan out). The one center they did take was a really undersized one in the Western Conference where every team worth a damn has these big skilled centers. It also doesn't help that two of them RNH & Yakupov haven't played well since their rookie years.

Yeah Yakupov has never impressed me. Always thought they should've drafted Murray.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Murray would have been the biggest 'meh' #1 pick.

Probably the worst year to end up with #1 for Edmonton. I felt like they reluctantly took Yakupov because of the wow factor.

Now fast forward a few years & that draft is looking like it could potentially rival 2008 for the best year for defensemen.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Jeff Petry was also healthy scratched tonight for no apparent reason & looks to be headed out the door.

He's Edmonton's best defender & only one that is pretty solid.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Jeff Petry was also healthy scratched tonight for no apparent reason & looks to be headed out the door.

He's Edmonton's best defender & only one that is pretty solid.

They can have Nick Grossmann if they want lol. They aren't going to get good value for him.

Honestly, might look at a Petry and Eberle deal? Flyers have been interested in Eberle for a while and Edmonton is a good trading partner. I think the Flyers were heavy in talks with Winnpeg about Kane, so they might want to keep Schenn's for that as well. Edmonton needs just about everything on their roster which is hilarious because they have been drafting so damn high for the last few years.

B. Schenn+L. Schenn+something

for

Petry+Eberle

It might be time for the Oilers to have a wake up call. That deal doesn't work with the cap though I think. Eberle+Petry are at 8 million while Schenn's are at 5. We would need to lose another million. Trade Grossmann to China.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
MacT overvalues his players way too much to trade Eberle in a deal like that.

He'll likely take a bath on Petry since he's only signed for this year & seems to want out but I don't see him doing it with Eberle.

In the end I think Petry ends up in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad