Miscellaneous NHL Talk XLIII - April showers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Oh man, it's worse than you could ever imagine
I find the whole SC crew...I dunno, there's just something off putting about them. Paul Bissonnette is annoying AF. He tries too hard to be the center of attention. Ryan Whitney as a person seems alright, but his voice and face make you want to punch him. They have great interviews and guests, but just having to listen to these two....I can't do it

ryan-whitney-2014-36.jpg

You see this face and hear his voice, and you just want to punch him

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Let them play for seeding?
I guess but I already like where the Flyers are seeded. They need to play some games though...

One benefit of the 24 team thing is the teams with nothing to play for can pack it in. Not much point in making them play games.

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
If they insist on 24 teams, and everyone is in the same city anyways, may as well remove the conferences and go 1 v 24, 2 v 23, etc...

My preference would be the top 8 teams get byes, and the remaining 16 play best of 3 to get it down to 16 total teams.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
If they insist on 24 teams, and everyone is in the same city anyways, may as well remove the conferences and go 1 v 24, 2 v 23, etc...

My preference would be the top 8 teams get byes, and the remaining 16 play best of 3 to get it down to 16 total teams.

After all of the time off, is having a buy really an advantage?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I can understand giving a couple teams that aren't in a playoff spot the opportunity to make the playoffs. Teams like the Islanders, Rangers, Vancouver and Minnesota should get the opportunity. But that's it. I don't see 8 bubble teams when I look at the standings.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It’s stupid but I get they’re trying to make up for lost revenue. It is what is. This thing isn’t going to be perfect from all directions.
What happens when a couple of players on a team test positive and the club has to go into quarantine? The Sens had a few players come down with it in LA right after the shut down. It seems that the Utah Jazz had used the locker room right before the Senators did. In the Bundesliga, Dynamo Dresden was forced to quarantine the entire squad for the next two weeks after two asymptomatic players tested positive for the coronavirus. This is the stuff that happens in today's world.
I want to see the return of hockey as much as the next guy but it would be best to can the season and forget about the POs rather than to put players at risk to get the germ.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Scratch a backup off the list.

Bummer. He's like the perfect backup. Not consistent enough for him to push a starter out but good enough that if the starter is out for an extended period you aren't worrying every night about the goalie situation.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What happens when a couple of players on a team test positive and the club has to go into quarantine? The Sens had a few players come down with it in LA right after the shut down. It seems that the Utah Jazz had used the locker room right before the Senators did. In the Bundesliga, Dynamo Dresden was forced to quarantine the entire squad for the next two weeks after two asymptomatic players tested positive for the coronavirus. This is the stuff that happens in today's world.
I want to see the return of hockey as much as the next guy but it would be best to can the season and forget about the POs rather than to put players at risk to get the germ.

Both the NBA & NHL players are likely gonna need to be isolated & tested as much as possible when push comes to shove. It’s either that or sit home & lose a lot of money. The hurdles they face today likely aren’t changing any time soon & extending into a following season.

The reality is the players are going to take on the brunt of the financial repercussions one way or another beyond just contract rollbacks. So there’s going to a point in time when the incentive for them to get back is going to be there.

Last edited:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I find the whole SC crew...I dunno, there's just something off putting about them. Paul Bissonnette is annoying AF. He tries too hard to be the center of attention. Ryan Whitney as a person seems alright, but his voice and face make you want to punch him. They have great interviews and guests, but just having to listen to these two....I can't do it

ryan-whitney-2014-36.jpg

You see this face and hear his voice, and you just want to punch him

that stupid vodka commercial Whitney and Bissonnette do is just the worst. If they never showed it again it would make me happy

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't see crowds being allowed in stadiums till next year, and there's no point in the AHL playing games without crowds.

Reactions: TheKingPin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It will be interesting to see what happens if their is a later summer restart on the NHL and a delayed start to the 20-21 season while the AHL could likely start on time.
I can't see the AHL starting early unless there is some sort of breakthrough and fans can attend games, at least in some modification. Would be an interesting development though and theoretically the guys that are not established NHLers, but are ready to make the jump to the NHL when the season begins, could theoretically play ~100 regular season games if that happens. :laugh:

Reactions: TheKingPin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I can't see the AHL starting early unless there is some sort of breakthrough and fans can attend games, at least in some modification. Would be an interesting development though and theoretically the guys that are not established NHLers, but are ready to make the jump to the NHL when the season begins, could theoretically play ~100 regular season games if that happens. :laugh:

Seeing as how 17 games or less can turn you into a bonafide top 4 defensemen from a bottom pair/7 - or so ive been told - this is a LOT Of development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino