May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
April golden showers?

giphy.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They woke me up and then I checked to see how my doggo was doing and he was sitting up in his bed so I decided to go sleep downstairs with him on the couch.

We got a new front door that's mostly glass and this was the first storm really that we've had and I don't think that he liked all the light coming in.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Last night April showers ruined my f***ing sleep.

Growing up in Northern England if it is not raining it might ruin my sleep... haha. We had one year where it rained around 220 days I believe. Average year is around 150-160 or so. 200 not uncommon.

I love thunderstorms as a result... and like rain in general. I hate wind 200x more.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Growing up in Northern England if it is not raining it might ruin my sleep... haha. We had one year where it rained around 220 days I believe. Average year is around 150-160 or so. 200 not uncommon.

I love thunderstorms as a result... and like rain in general. I hate wind 200x more.

My Manchester-area friend moved to Norfolk (Virginia version) because it is the most similar to his childhood climate.

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
My Manchester-area friend moved to Norfolk (Virginia version) because it is the most similar to his childhood climate.

As much as I have an affinity for drizzle and clouds overhead (helps with my cricket bowling too!) I must admit that I would not pursue a similar climate on purpose going forward...

having now lived in Manchester, Sheffield, Lancaster, Utrecht and Copenhagen... which all have quite a similar climate, I kind of feel like Med life might be for me next. Haha.

In October there is a *chance* I will get offered a job back in Denmark. Maybe only a 25% chance... but a chance.

I love Copenhagen and would for sure think about going back, and if only option to have role for sure would. BUT there is a likelihood if it works out I can work remotely and choose where I live.

And while Copenhagen is an awesome city, and great for hockey too... five months a year where the weather negatively affects your life is annoying. Plus a Danish salary would go a loooong way in France, Spain, Italy or Portugal. And I could surf way more.

Not that I am getting ahead of myself here...

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad