Miscellaneous NHL Talk XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
ovi's a monster, oh and ANH TB game goes 64 minutes and 54 seconds before the first goal is scored. Pretty awesome, TB defensemen with an ironic name keeps the puck out right on the goal line on a diving play then as hes falling forces the puck back into his own net.
Actually, there was only one player, and he is a forward at that :nod:

Yukon Cornelius*

Carolina Hurricanes: Honestly, is there another team in the league who hangs around in games that they're getting badly outplayed in as much as these guys?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Wow, **** you refs. Chara destroys Tlusty's stick on a breakaway, no call, no penalty, no penalty shot. Even the Bruins broadcast can't even believe that was not a call...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I also still have no idea how people are still so high on Ward...

One great playoff run and not too much else.

Consistently pretty damn good... from 08 to now he has been one of the best in the NHL really. Early on in his career I thought he was overrated for that run, as he was inconsistent and not rounded.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I know people from this board probably won't know the answer, but do they always play so much Green Day at the TD Garden? Their songs are played there all the time tonight

Edit: Also, I really like the Canes announcers. Not even a slight bit of being homers. They are calling exactly what's happening on the ice and give credit to both their team and the opposition. Fun to watch - and thanks to them also fun to listen

Last edited:

Yukon Cornelius*

I also still have no idea how people are still so high on Ward...

One great playoff run and not too much else.

Strange, he's one of my favourite goalies. Year in, year out, he has, just a piss poor, "D" in front of him, multiple system overhauls and all he does is just battle back there. Frankly, I think he's the most underrated keeper in the league.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Strange, he's one of my favourite goalies. Year in, year out, he has, just a piss poor, "D" in front of him, multiple system overhauls and all he does is just battle back there. Frankly, I think he's the most underrated keeper in the league.

Same here, Carolina was looking like a possible playoff team last year when he was in the lineup instead of a bottom 5 team without him.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Beautiful goal by Krejci (from Iginla) to win the game in OT.. I feel bad for Ward though, he held the Canes in the game (and as orangesruch said, there was an uncalled tripping on Jordan Staal seconds before the goal)

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
I know people from this board probably won't know the answer, but do they always play so much Green Day at the TD Garden? Their songs are played there all the time tonight

Edit: Also, I really like the Canes announcers. Not even a slight bit of being homers. They are calling exactly what's happening on the ice and give credit to both their team and the opposition. Fun to watch - and thanks to them also fun to listen

John Forslund and Tripp Tracy. Tracy can be a bit of a homer at times, but IMO Forslund is one of the best. He does national broadcasts for NBCSN at times.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Yeah, he's one of my favourites in the league, as well.

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
Washington loses a SO. It's a miracle.
JVR and Loops with the goals. Thanks, guys.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
lirl

iqX9IFK3O4TOf.gif

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
That can't be comfy, spinning with your cheek on the ice. Ridiculous acting job, by the way.

Maybe he's got toothache on that side of his mouth. :)

Crybaby was shutdown by Pk tonight and was destroyed in the faceoff dot by Plekanec

Yay, so in case it happens, we (CZE) might have someone to go against him at the Olympics... Good good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad