Miscellaneous NHL Talk XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Argumentative as usual. You don't get the extra point for keeping a game tied for 65 minutes though, do you? You get it for just winning a short shootout.

Sure, you don't lose but you don't win either. Having a situation where 65 minutes of hard, honest hockey is worth the same as 3 shots at the end is farcical and it cheapens genuine points.

Hell, look at the Jets. They've only legitimately beat 5 teams this season and are well above us.

Don't know if you noticed, but we're on a discussion board. The whole point of a discussion board is to discuss things. If you want to swipe it away as simply being argumentative then go for it.

Just weird to complain about a team in an opposite conference being above us in the standings, especially when the Flyers have earned their low spot in the standings despite being in the weakest division by far. Aside from that, it's also odd to dismiss keeping a game tied after 65 minutes as nothing.

IslesNation1995

Oct 22, 2013
He's been logging a ton of minutes for us so unless we could replace that & get something else I don't think they would do it.

Alright thanks. Unfortunately we have no one except hamonic to do that, quite possibly we have the worst defense in the NHL. I knew before you guys were shopping him so I was just seeing if Garth could potentially get a deal with Philly but I guess he's playing better as of late

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
not really sure if you can blame the goaltending for CBJ tonight. I see a ton of standing around/missed assignments in their own zone that led to goals or scoring chances for Edmonton.
and only gettting 14 shots against a bad defensive team?
just a bad, bad night.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
It is amazing that the 8th place in the West has 30 points vs 20 points for 8th in the East.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
What do you mean?

Every team had won a game in Rogers Arena (the Canucks home since 1995) except the Panthers... until last night.

The Panthers previous win in Vancouver was in 1994 when the Canucks still played at Pacific Coliseum. Their record in Rogers Arena before last night was 0-5-6.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
not really sure if you can blame the goaltending for CBJ tonight. I see a ton of standing around/missed assignments in their own zone that led to goals or scoring chances for Edmonton.
and only gettting 14 shots against a bad defensive team?
just a bad, bad night.

It was an all around effort for that stinker, hard to point at any individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad