Miscellaneous NHL Talk XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Everyone on the top right side of every single one of those charts is blue usually so long as they are on a decent team.

If you are not you may as well be in a coffin... as you are useless.

Red or Blue indicates positive or negative corsi.

But Read at just under 0 (-0.92) with the 2nd hardest minutes on the team is better than Hartnell with the 2nd or 3rd easiest minutes among all forwards. (Jake and Simmonds are arguably easier.)

The same goes for Grossmann, insanely hard minutes for a D man with the 2nd hardest QoC but >45% zine starts.... it would frankly be amazing if Grossmann was positive.

Also Hall with 25% zone starts mean that + is a virtual impossibility.

Which is why Couturier is so impressive being positive with his minutes.

Thanks Appleyard. Would have been nice to have a legend that shows what the color means.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Yikes. Bryz got shelled tonight (6-0 St. Louis won, Bryz was in for every goal). Let in a couple terrible goals including one where he reached to catch a shot that was going over the net only for the puck to bounce off his glove and in the net. Poor guy was getting booed big time.

Edit: Here's the video.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
There's a certain satisfaction I feel watching that. It might be wrong, but I don't care. If he was playing lights out hockey id be so miserable.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
:laugh:

Bryz sucks. For the last 3 years he's been a fringe backup in terms of play quality. In Phoenix he was a completely different player; he was shielded, but he was also flat out better in just about every part of the game. He signed that contract and it's like he won the lottery and didn't want to work anymore.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Remember the dolts on the main board who said he is still a good goalie, the only reason he struggled was because our defense sucks (yet Steve Mason, who was statistically the worst goalie in the league for the past 3-4 years is doing excellent behind the same team) and that he was going to make the Flyers dumb for buying him out?

LOL

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yikes. Bryz got shelled tonight (6-0 St. Louis won, Bryz was in for every goal). Let in a couple terrible goals including one where he reached to catch a shot that was going over the net only for the puck to bounce off his glove and in the net. Poor guy was getting booed big time.

Edit: Here's the video.

none of those were his fault.
defense, screens, bads luck, system.

did I miss one?

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Remember the dolts on the main board who said he is still a good goalie, the only reason he struggled was because our defense sucks (yet Steve Mason, who was statistically the worst goalie in the league for the past 3-4 years is doing excellent behind the same team) and that he was going to make the Flyers dumb for buying him out?

LOL

:laugh:

I can't even feel bad for him with all that money he got from his albatross of a contract and buyout. That being said I don't think Bryz is a good goalie or a good teammate. All those statements out there has to have something behind it.

none of those were his fault.
defense, screens, bads luck, system.

did I miss one?

Perfect shot, can't have a goalie playing the puck. I might have missed some. :laugh:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
(via: HWC)

829120720.gif
[/QUOTE]

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Do you think they'll play Bryz against us on Saturday?

They play the prior day against the Flames which is more important to them. Unless Bryz plays consecutive games in two nights, they probably go with the goalie in which they have more confidence against Calgary.

------------------------------

This thread will be locked shortly (nearing 1,000 posts).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad