Miscellaneous NHL Talk XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
The name Morris Titanic jumped out at me, so I just had to look him up.

From Wikipedia:

He posted no points in 19 career NHL games with the Sabres, but later distinguished himself with the International Hockey League's Milwaukee Admirals. An iceberg sunk Titanic's career during the 1979–80 season while he was playing for the Rochester Americans.

:laugh:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
TSN losing all hockey rights and Sportsnet getting everything. Cap is gonna go up a ton, someone kidnap Holmer.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
5.2B

Divide that by 30, equates to 173M that each team will receive (not including their own local broadcast money)

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Each team will receive 15M a year for 12 years from this deal, however, money will be taken off the top and given to the CDN teams for "invasion fee" this was from Dreger

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If the cap does go up, will it only go up because of the new deal or do you think that the new deal plus NHL's general revenue would actually put it up a bit more?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Each team will receive 15M a year for 12 years from this deal, however, money will be taken off the top and given to the CDN teams for "invasion fee" this was from Dreger

What does the even mean? I'm not sure I'm following this correctly, but does that mean that every Canadian team will get more money as a result of the deal? If so, that seems kind of bogus.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
What does the even mean? I'm not sure I'm following this correctly, but does that mean that every Canadian team will get more money as a result of the deal? If so, that seems kind of bogus.

That's what it sounds like to me. I think it has to do with the money originating from Canada.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If the cap does go up, will it only go up because of the new deal or do you think that the new deal plus NHL's general revenue would actually put it up a bit more?

The cap is generating from HRR (tv deals, merchandise, ticket rev). This would be lumped in, however this deal starts next year, so this money would not be counted in this offseason's cap. I think.

So before we all start figuring out the cap, there is a lot that goes into it. If the ticket sales fall off the earth, then the HRR may not go up as much as some thinks. Lots of factors, but with all of the outdoor games, all being sold for like 200/ea on average, the cap should go up quite a bit next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at 68-70.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
That's what it sounds like to me. I think it has to do with the money originating from Canada.

The NBC deal isn't designed like that to favor American teams, at least not that I'm aware of. Good thing Toronto and Montreal are getting more money though. They needed it.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If we did ramp up to 7M... it should be fun. Also, it should mean we should be able to handle some bigger contracts them. The question is, if the cap does go up, does that mean that new player contract prices will go up? Like if someone would get 8M now, if he got a new contract for next year, would it be 9 or 10M, because of the cap going up?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If we did ramp up to 7M... it should be fun. Also, it should mean we should be able to handle some bigger contracts them. The question is, if the cap does go up, does that mean that new player contract prices will go up? Like if someone would get 8M now, if he got a new contract for next year, would it be 9 or 10M, because of the cap going up?

No the contracts would stay the same, there's really no limit on dollars it's more so years.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I found this for Jones Soda in a stock write up:

We grant certain independent distributors the exclusive right in defined territories to distribute finished cases of one or more of our brands through written agreements. These agreements typically include invasion fee provisions to those distributors in the event we provided product directly to one of our national retailers located in the distributor’s region. We are also obligated to pay termination fees for cancellations of most of these written distributor agreements, which have terms ranging from one to three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad