Miscellaneous NHL Discussion: Off-Seasoning III

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I would love to add Tatar as well.

Problem is, by trading MDZ, it means one of AMac, Schultz, Provy or Manny have to face the top lines with Gudas as his partner. That certainly is not ideal.
The defense played well the second half of the season w/o MDZ. Streit/AMac/Gudas/Schultz/Ghost/Provorov is better than what was iced last year. From a total team performance perspective, if trading MDZ gets the Flyers a decent top six LW, is that a bad move to make?
Additionally, MDZ will be a UFA after this season. He's presently getting $3.875M per. Does Hexy see him as a long term Flyer and if he does at what price? If MDZ has a good year he's probably going to be in the $5M per category. How the Flyers deal with MDZ will be an interesting story.

Last edited:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
We are soon approaching August and the best available UFAs are:

F: Hudler, Moore, Fleischmann, Vrbata, Fontaine, R. Carter, Cullen, Gagner, Boyes, Pirri, Tanguay, Santorelli, Horcoff, Legwand, Tlusty, Elias, Korpikoski, Nystrom Higgins
D: Ehrhoff, Bartkowski, Russell, Gryba, Quincey, Zidlicky, Grossmann, Nikitin, Rundblad, Gormley, Jordan, Wisniewski, Seidenberg, Carle
G: Enroth, Ramo, Lindback, Ortio

Best available RFAs:

F: Kucherov, Rust, Kuhnackl, Monahan, Gaudreau, Nichuskin, R. Strome, Rakell, Girgensons, Rieder
D: Nesterov, Orlov, Dumba, Sproul, Ceci, H. Lindholm, Ristolainen, C. Murphy, Trouba

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That guy seems to assume his burning desire to trade Streit is shared by Flyers management.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A bunch of good young players thought to be exempt from the ED will actually have to be protected, or Vegas could pick them. Pulock is the obvious stand out to me.

A professional season may still count for a player in a season where his contract slides. This is because the slide rule calculates age based on the player's age on September 15. So a player who turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 could have his contract slide because he does not play 10+ NHL games. However, if that player plays 1+ professional game in that season, for expansion purposes his age is considered to be 20 and the season counts as a professional season. As a result of this distinction, the following players previously believed to be expansion exempt will need to be protected or otherwise will be eligible to be drafted by Las Vegas:

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/expansion

William Carrier (BUF)
Emile Poirier (CGY)
Hunter Shinkaruk (CGY)
Ryan Hartman (CHI)
Anthony Mantha (DET)
Jonathan-Ismael Diaby (NSH)
Ryan Pulock (NYI)
Kerby Rychel (TOR)

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
If we were able to get Jurco in a Streit deal, I would be quite happy

Why? The guy had 6 points last year in 44 games. He can barely crack there roster. I do not understand the infatuation of trading Streit for spare parts. We don't have a built in replacement on the right side. And please no one start telling me AMac or Schultz can do it. If anything, let Streit see if he can rebound from his injury and sell him near the deadline for something worthwhile.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Why? The guy had 6 points last year in 44 games. He can barely crack there roster. I do not understand the infatuation of trading Streit for spare parts. We don't have a built in replacement on the right side. And please no one start telling me AMac or Schultz can do it. If anything, let Streit see if he can rebound from his injury and sell him near the deadline for something worthwhile.

That's what I wonder as well....who plays the right side if Streit is moved?

And I would rather a 2nd rounder than Jurco. We have enough bottom 6 players.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Hextall has a full squad and under the cap. He's going to move Streit if/when he wants too. He's not going to take a junk deal.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
It's confirmed now. http://swisshockeynews.ch/index.php/switzerland/nla-new/6883-confirmed-kris-versteeg-signs-one-year-contract-with-sc-bern

Kris Versteeg signed 1-year deal in Switzerland (NLA) with Bern. This guy is sure-fire NHLer, better than many of curret NHLers so I am curious to see how dominant he's going to be over there.

Living in Switzerland with your family, that's great option.

So, since he didn't play a game in the NHL can be sign with an NHL team after the SWiss season is over?

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Danny DeKyser just resigned for 6 years at $5 mill/year.

I don't pretend to know a ton about him, mainly because I don't watch the Wings much, but that sure seems steep.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It's deals like that that's going to make us pay 7MM for Ghost. Ghost will probably score 50 pts a year. Dekeyser scores 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad