Confirmed with Link: Mironov signs 2 year entry-level contract

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Yea but the AHL callups are in the AHL. The insurance is making sure you have enough guys to fill the AHL callup roles, and the #7/8 roles on the Avs. Having someone like Wiercioch that can fill either role is where the insurance comes in.

The Avs always like two depth defenseman they use as healthy scratches, and you don't want a young guy for that. Unless it's just for a few games. If they have guys like Mironov or Lindholm in the lineup, they'll want a guy past his development years for the #7/8 roles. Guys like Barberio and Wiercioch kinda fit that mold.

I think they'll either use them, or they have plans for a new vet UFA to take that role.

Should be Beauchemin :naughty:

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Did anyone see him in the first game against Sweden? I misses that and just wondered how did he look.

Mironov reminds me of Draco from Rocky movie. Like someone else mentioned on here, he will be our top Dman next season. He is currently better then any of Avs Dman. Actually he is already by many considered a KHL all star.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Mironov reminds me of Draco from Rocky movie. Like someone else mentioned on here, he will be our top Dman next season. He is currently better then any of Avs Dman. Actually he is already by many considered a KHL all star.

Huh? Am I missing something with this guy?

I have no doubt he can come in and play with the Avs this season, but better than Erik Johnson? Better than Tyson Barrie?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Huh? Am I missing something with this guy?

I have no doubt he can come in and play with the Avs this season, but better than Erik Johnson? Better than Tyson Barrie?

Not better than Zadorov either. Z made some mistakes, but there was a lot more good than bad from him this year and some flashes of the top pairing monster we all hope for.

I like Mironov too, but let's not set unreasonable expectations for the guy. If you're expecting Mironov to come riding in on a white horse to save this team and lead us to the promised land, you are in for a crushing disappointment. Is it not enough that he's likely to be a good bottom pairing defenseman who will stabilize our D corps?

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Not better than Zadorov either. Z made some mistakes, but there was a lot more good than bad from him this year and some flashes of the top pairing monster we all hope for.

I like Mironov too, but let's not set unreasonable expectations for the guy. If you're expecting Mironov to come riding in on a white horse to save this team and lead us to the promised land, you are in for a crushing disappointment. Is it not enough that he's likely to be a good bottom pairing defenseman who will stabilize our D corps?

McMetal, have you not watched him? He is being called an All Star by some hockey writers and is already one of the best, young Dman in his age in KHL. He will definitely be better then most of our Dman, except for Z. Johnson does not count as he is injured almost every single year.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
McMetal, have you not watched him? He is being called an All Star by some hockey writers and is already one of the best, young Dman in his age in KHL. He will definitely be better then most of our Dman, except for Z. Johnson does not count as he is injured almost every single year.

You are going to be sorely disappointed. You should focus on him in at the WJCs. His speed and overall skill with the puck have been disappointing for me.

I prefer Bigras and Lindholm based on their skating ability.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

He's a KHL All Star, true. But although the KHL is a good league, it's still not as good as the NHL. If he was really that good, he would have come over a long time ago/been drafted way earlier. He'll be a marked improvement over the Wiercioch/Bodnarchuck/Guenin parade we've had back there, but that's not the same thing as saying he'll be top pair.

And yes, EJ absolutely counts. I don't know how you can say that his injuries make him a nonfactor on the team. He may not play every game, and that's a concern, but to be fair to him, the broken leg this year was kind of a freak play that you don't expect. When he does play, he is unquestionably the best defenseman on the team.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
You are going to be sorely disappointed. You should focus on him in at the WJCs. His speed and overall skill with the puck have been disappointing for me.

I prefer Bigras and Lindholm based on their skating ability.

Yeah, but Mironov might be better then both. That is why he will be on the roster for us next season. I also want Bigras and Lindhom to make it but Mironov is still better.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, but Mironov might be better then both. That is why he will be on the roster for us next season. I also want Bigras and Lindhom to make it but Mironov is still better.

Unless he can discover an offensive game that he's so far kept secret in the KHL, I don't see how he could eclipse Bigras unless Bigras completely busts. He's got a good first pass but not much else.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

You seem to be misinformed about Mironov. If he can give us what we got from Stuart before he broke down we should be pleased. He won't be better than EJ, Barrie, Zadorov, or the duchene return.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It doesn't take a whole lot to be named all-star in the KHL and Mironov hasn't been named since his draft year. I think it's a bigger honor to get named to the Russia national team anyway. I think he can be better than Bigras and Lindholm but that's not operating outside of the bottom pairing scale either. It would be a miracle to get a NHL player out of a draft pick outside the first round, I think let's start there.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

He has been a KHL all star, he won't be an NHL all star.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So much teasing of what seems like an inevitable signing out of the KHL. Starting to feel like Radulov last year.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Since he played professionally in the KHL, is Mironov subject to the expansion draft? Does he need to be protected?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Since he played professionally in the KHL, is Mironov subject to the expansion draft? Does he need to be protected?

Nah... the professional season thing was worded poorly by the NHL. In basic terms, a player needs to be under their third season of a NHL contract. For instance, Vogelhuber is actually exempt from the expansion draft even though he has spend 5 full seasons in the AHL.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Nah... the professional season thing was worded poorly by the NHL. In basic terms, a player needs to be under their third season of a NHL contract. For instance, Vogelhuber is actually exempt from the expansion draft even though he has spend 5 full seasons in the AHL.

:phew:

Thank God, I don't want to loose that guy!

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
So much teasing of what seems like an inevitable signing out of the KHL. Starting to feel like Radulov last year.

Maybe Z, Mironov and Varly can ask Sakic if he can sign Kovy for a couple of years. I would not mind Kovy as we desperately need another top 6 forward.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Maybe Z, Mironov and Varly can ask Sakic if he can sign Kovy for a couple of years. I would not mind Kovy as we desperately need another top 6 forward.

No thanks. You'll have to pay NJ, and I saw someone on the Oilers board say Lebrun reported Kovy will command 5+ million. For a 34 year old? That's the type of thinking that helped contribute to this mess...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad