Confirmed with Link: Mironov signs 2 year entry-level contract

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Bottom line is he was not good. If he really wanted to stick in the NHL, he would’ve paid his dues in the AHL. On no team in this league is he a top six defenseman.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
So now that we're not talking about unfortunate language miscommunications, let's talk about how steamed I am at Mironov. If he thinks he's been patient waiting for his NHL chance, how about looking across the locker room at Siemens? The guy has been patiently grinding it out in the minor leagues with a great attitude, being a leader down there, and is just now scoring his first NHL goal and making the most of his latest opportunity. **** you Mironov, talk about being patient and paying your dues in the minors some more why don't you?

Yeah, I was asking about Siemens a while ago and I got a replay of wooden hands on this forum. I guess it was a false acquastions on this forum. Seimens looks decent stay at home D man. Our 11th overall might not be a bust afer all...

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, I was asking about Siemens a while ago and I got a replay of wooden hands on this forum. I guess it was a false acquastions on this forum. Seimens looks decent stay at home D man. Our 11th overall might not be a bust afer all...
He's definitely gotten better with the hands. He did miss on a 10 foot breakout pass tonight but I like that he's compensating for it by playing very simple and not trying to Girard it up out there.

Reactions: cgf and AvsMakar08

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
So now that we're not talking about unfortunate language miscommunications, let's talk about how steamed I am at Mironov. If he thinks he's been patient waiting for his NHL chance, how about looking across the locker room at Siemens? The guy has been patiently grinding it out in the minor leagues with a great attitude, being a leader down there, and is just now scoring his first NHL goal and making the most of his latest opportunity. **** you Mironov, talk about being patient and paying your dues in the minors some more why don't you?

Well there's one difference between Siemens and Mironov and that is money. Right now Siemens is earning very close to his market value whereas Mironov took a discount to pursue his NHL career. I kind of understand Mironov's frustration because for a some reason a guy like Lindholm got a constant ice time instead of Mironov and Mironov was skipped by guys like Dwarfsofsky when injuries started to pile up on D. Living in hotels and being in a new country with crappy language skills has to take its toll eventually when things aren't going on the ice like you thought they would.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Well.. yeah. He sounds like he thought a little too much of himself, but if everything he said was true, I'm not a fan of the way Avs management communicated with him. Being a little more honest and straight forward with communication would had been the way to go.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I don't agree with the 'spoiled' narrative here, Mironov is just quite an emotional person: he was very emotional and excited when he arrived and now when it didn't work out he is very emotional and sour - so nothing changed except the direction vector.

About the things Avs organization could do better: they could've understood that Mironov is not good enough earlier, it would allow them to loan him to the KHL for the rest of the season and still have him contracted for the next season in case he noticeably improves (see example of NYR and Alexei Bereglazov)

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I don't agree with the 'spoiled' narrative here, Mironov is just quite an emotional person: he was very emotional and excited when he arrived and now when it didn't work out he is very emotional and sour - so nothing changed except the direction vector.

One word: Russian :D

About the things Avs organization could do better: they could've understood that Mironov is not good enough earlier, it would allow them to loan him to the KHL for the rest of the season and still have him contracted for the next season in case he noticeably improves (see example of NYR and Alexei Bereglazov)

That's very true and I find it the Avs behavior as puzzling as Mironov's one, if not more.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I don’t think loaning him to the KHL would’ve been that beneficial though. Being in the AHL was the right place for him to be if he wanted to make the NHL, that’s where he would’ve gotten used to the rink size and speed of the north American game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs gave him a shot in the NHL And he just wasn’t good enough... they gave him time to adjust to NA ice, and he didn’t. I fail to see what the Avs could have really done other than kick the can down the road for another year on him. Another year in the KHL wouldn’t change his ability to play in the NHL.

On a side note... Mironov is the least flexible skater I have ever seen. The dude needs to hit up a yoga class from time to time.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I don’t think loaning him to the KHL would’ve been that beneficial though. Being in the AHL was the right place for him to be if he wanted to make the NHL, that’s where he would’ve gotten used to the rink size and speed of the north American game.

It's not even about the player itself, I mean, if we get back to the NYR and Bereglazov situation, the benefits of loaning were:
  • the player as an asset itself (even though they also don't need him, who knows what can happen during the offseason).
  • no hard feeling between the player and organization, which benefits to a perception of the organization as such.
  • sending the right kind of message to other Russian prospects (they have a lot of them), showing how they can handle a "rainy" scenario.
So yeah, it is more about the indirect benefits, not about the player itself.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Maybe he didn't want to be loaned to the KHL.
Maybe he just wanted to be cut loose so he could go home, with no strings attached -- especially since it sounds like he has no intentions of ever coming back.
Wouldn't he be more valuable to a KHL team if he didn't also have a contract with the Avs?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I feel like the Avs are still having issues with their developmental programs, especially with oversea players. If he isn't getting constructive feedback, how exactly is he suppose to develop in the AHL? IIRC Everberg said he got basically zero guidance in the AHL because he wasn't one of Avs priority prospects.
Wasn't that with coach Chyzowski though? Not saying that Avs are good when it comes to what you're saying, but I will give them a chance with the AHL team in their own backyard.

E: Atleast @cgf will have ammunition to use on Atlas2020

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The most interesting part of this is all of the unanswered questions about the geriatric rub down man.

Also it's not a big surprise that we failed yet again with a prospect that wasn't drafted in the top-10. Classic Billington and the old boys brain trust have never had development of players as their strong suit.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Yikes, Mironov seemed like a lonely dude off the ice with the Avs organization.

Regardless, herein lies the problem with the KHL being a lucrative alternative to the NHL, NHL GM's often need to 'butter up' a player to get them to sign.
Unfortunately we Russians are culturally exceedingly blunt, take things at face value, and criticism isn't necessarily construed as a negative trait.

When a GM sells the NHL by saying 'we think you're a fantastic player who can potentially contribute for us very soon', a typical Russian will not perceive this as 'you have potential but will be treated like every other prospect who will need to prove themselves in the AHL."

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wasn't that with coach Chyzowski though? Not saying that Avs are good when it comes to what you're saying, but I will give them a chance with the AHL team in their own backyard.

E: Atleast @cgf will have ammunition to use on Atlas2020

It just proves exactly what Atas & co have always said, I am the toughest russian

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad