Confirmed with Link: Mironov signs 2 year entry-level contract

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Thanks for the work done Eurolanche! Always appreciate seeing your work here. I'm actually pretty excited for Mironov for the exact reason Alex Jones just mentioned above, we'll probably not be good next year but there will be entertainment!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We're not going to be good, but we might be fun next year.

As much as I'd like this to be true, it's going to be tough under Bednar. lots of hits, yes. But if players aren't able to use their creativity because of the system they're trapped into it's going to be tough to be fun.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
We need to see a Zadorov-Mironov pairing at least once just for the hitting fun.

I doubt the AVs PR team would allow that pairing. It would be too tough on Mike Haynes if he decided to actually do a little play-by-play while they were on the ice.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I'm excited for his first outrage thread of the main boards. :)

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Thanks for that. I like the bit about not skiing or snowboarding so he wont get injured.....kid has his priorities straight it seems.

LobsterMagnet19

Feb 4, 2013
He may not be looking for a major guarantee. The Avs don't like giving out any guarantees. He could be looking for just 5 games like Jost got to get his $25k bonus. He could be looking for a 10 or 10+ games played bonus. He could be looking for 11 games, just to keep his contract from sliding.

Whatever he's looking for, there are many teams out there more comfortable giving out guarantees than the Avs. The question is how much will both sides bend in what they're comfortable with.

Unfortunately, Butcher has never given me the impression he wants to bend much. Now that he got the Hobey Baker, he probably thinks he doesn't need to. Lindholm and Mironov probably make the Avs think they don't need to either.

Yeah, to be frank? Butcher isn't getting guaranteed NHL playing time anywhere. Especially if he can't get it from the dead last Avs. It's far more likely that he's waiting to see if Jim Montgomery ends up with an NHL job.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I imagine both Mironov and Butcher are looking for some NHL games played and bonus guarantees. We all know how much the Avs love giving those out. Seems unlikely they'd give them out for both, and they probably think Mironov is more NHL ready.

"Some NHL games"? He was considered to play at the Olympics, has played at the World Championship. Will play at the upcoming IIHF WC. He (IMHO) signed because he will play in the NHL. I think he is better than Tryamkin and he was just fine in the NHL.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
"Some NHL games"? He was considered to play at the Olympics, has played at the World Championship. Will play at the upcoming IIHF WC. He (IMHO) signed because he will play in the NHL. I think he is better than Tryamkin and he was just fine in the NHL.

Yeah, he'll be in the big leagues, he's not coming over to ride the buses in the A.

PS

Interesting you say that in regards to the comparison with Tryamkin.

LobsterMagnet19

Feb 4, 2013
Yeah, he'll be in the big leagues, he's not coming over to ride the buses in the A.

PS

Interesting you say that in regards to the comparison with Tryamkin.

Yeah. I've never seen the Tryamkin comparison either. But as someone really struggling with where to place my expectations for Mironov, it feels like a useful point of reference.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Yeah. I've never seen the Tryamkin comparison either. But as someone really struggling with where to place my expectations for Mironov, it feels like a useful point of reference.

I've seen Mironov play, as Dynamo plays a brand of hockey I like and they are quite popular, which makes their games easy to find, but I never paid attention to Avto so I don't recall how Tryamkin looked there, so that makes Alessandro's comment interesting.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If all goes well in his transition to the NHL, Mironov can become a Gudas-esque #3 RD who can step in on the 2nd pairing in a pinch.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I wasn't referring to his chances of playing in the NHL. I was referring to him looking for some form of guarantee of at least getting a look in the NHL, in order to leave the KHL, and possibly miss the Olympics.

Doubtful he wants to come over if he thinks there's a chance he'll be stuck in the AHL all year making peanuts.

Butcher is probably looking for similar guarantees, and that puts the Avs in a bit of a bind. They both have leverage, and the Avs don't like giving out guarantees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad