Confirmed with Link: Mironov signs 2 year entry-level contract

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Reactions: motojime and cgf

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
They are rehabbing an injury and have been on the roster, they weren't brought up. Boikov in particular has no shot to play. Just to clear that up.

I certainly understand the frustration being told one thing and doing another. That's what happens to all prospects, the promises and the fleeting opportunities. I agree in general the NA culture is about misleading as much as anything.

I don't mind they tried, it was worth a shot. And better to get out now before they waste more time.it had to happen, it was becoming more and more an issue in the AHL. I think it's better for younger players to come over anyway than those who are all NHL or nothing.

Well, just to clear things up, they weren't in Denver as of earlier this week. Correct? They have been rehabbing down in SA for at least a few weeks, if not longer. It may be related to roster requirements due to the TDL.

It is more than likely a coincidence than anything else.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Man, I hate to say it, but he sounds so entitled in that interview. I can maybe understand being disappointed with how things turned out, but to go all sour grapes about the NHL on your way out is just BS. The way he's talking, I have to imagine there's more to the story than what he was letting on.

And blaming the Russian factor is ridiculous. It's a real thing, but come on, the Avs have had boatloads of Russians come in and play for them over the last few years. A frankly unusual number. Aside from Washington, we're one of the most Russo-friendly teams in the league. I had some sympathy for him before, have zero now.

Reactions: motojime

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Well, just to clear things up, they weren't in Denver as of earlier this week. Correct? They have been rehabbing down in SA for at least a few weeks, if not longer. It may be related to roster requirements due to the TDL.

It is more than likely a coincidence than anything else.
Boikov can't be officially sent down because he's on IR from an injury in preseason. He was unlikely to play in the NHL anyway, he needs the AHL time and isn't overly likely to make the jump full time, although the possibility at least is still there for him. Shame he missed the full season of development.

Reactions: Goulet17

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, I cant even imagine a 70 year old man rub me off...haha. its so funny. Probably for a good luck. I dont know how MacK feels. He probably refuses Massagist alltogether lol. hehe.

I should know better...but what. the f***. is this s***?

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Yeah, I cant even imagine a 70 year old man rub me off...haha. its so funny. Probably for a good luck. I dont know how MacK feels. He probably refuses Massagist alltogether lol. hehe.

giphy.gif

Reactions: cgf

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
English is not my first language. I am sorry if I upset you in any way.

Hi, welcome to the English language! We appreciate you taking the time to learn and communicate with the majority of North American people!

Uh-oh! I see there are still a couple hiccups! Let me see if I can help. The term "rub off" is often used as an *ahem* intimate term in North America. It is similar to the term "polishing a knob", and I assure you that doesn't mean to bring a shine to a piece of wood!

Here's a demonstration of the innuendo in action:
Q00f2Ft.gif

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
English is not my first language. I am sorry if I upset you in any way.
:laugh: That explains it.

"Rub me off" has a different meaning in the context of massages. Specifically, the kind that costs extra at strip mall massage parlors, if you get my drift. :naughty:

Reactions: AvsMakar08

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
:laugh: That explains it.

"Rub me off" has a different meaning in the context of massages. Specifically, the kind that costs extra at strip mall massage parlors, if you get my drift. :naughty:

haha, thats so funny. Language differences and massage parlors really got this out of control lol.

Septh and me loves these trance songs. Out of Control from Darude. Love it...Classic. No negative feelings against anyone, love Avs and all their fans.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So now that we're not talking about unfortunate language miscommunications, let's talk about how steamed I am at Mironov. If he thinks he's been patient waiting for his NHL chance, how about looking across the locker room at Siemens? The guy has been patiently grinding it out in the minor leagues with a great attitude, being a leader down there, and is just now scoring his first NHL goal and making the most of his latest opportunity. f*** you Mironov, talk about being patient and paying your dues in the minors some more why don't you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad