Confirmed with Link: Mironov signs 2 year entry-level contract

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Getting back to his interview, I have an impression that Avs management had a bit of miscommunication with Mironov in the way that sometimes it is bad to be too polite with Russian players, they prefer more straightforward approach. I mean, when you tell Russian player that he is doing good, often the expectation from a player is that a top4 position (ok, i'm exhaggerating here) is waiting for him just like in two weeks or so. I have a feeling that some constructive criticism might have been missed here.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Getting back to his interview, I have an impression that Avs management had a bit of miscommunication with Mironov in the way that sometimes it is bad to be too polite with Russian players, they prefer more straightforward approach. I mean, when you tell Russian player that he is doing good, often the expectation from a player is that a top4 position (ok, i'm exhaggerating here) is waiting for him just like in two weeks or so. I have a feeling that some constructive criticism might have been missed here.
Working in an US based company that's the worst. I've come to terms with many things, but this need to cheer on people when you think poor of them is downright puzzling. Every time I hear someone say "You rock" or some other BS like that, fully knowing it means nothing, makes me want to barf. If someone's not doing his job tell him that. Don't say one thing to his face, and then talk bad about him to someone else.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Working in an US based company that's the worst. I've come to terms with many things, but this need to cheer on people when you think poor of them is downright puzzling. Every time I hear someone say "You rock" or some other BS like that, fully knowing it means nothing, makes me want to barf. If someone's not doing his job tell him that. Don't say one thing to his face, and then talk bad about him to someone else.

But constructive criticism is mean :(

Plus it makes me sad.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Constructive criticism is the best thing you can get. If someone cares for you as a person he will tell you when you can do something better, he will not cheer you on while you're digging your own grave.
No, that’s mean. You cheer them on as they dig their own grave because that’s what they want to do!

Then you dance on their grave with the other pseudo-humans you reflexively refer to as “colleagues”...

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Constructive criticism is the best thing you can get. If someone cares for you as a person he will tell you when you can do something better, he will not cheer you on while you're digging your own grave.

Sorry I was being sarcastic there lol

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

You rock!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah, I'm not sure I see the reason to be solely upset with Mironov for his quotes here. I personally think it is likely the Avs made some sort of "promise" to him regarding his status on the NHL roster, and while they may have kept it after TC was done, he may have believed something else was agreed upon. The biggest thing was the communication--tough for Mironov, or the Avs, to know if things are completely understood if neither party are speaking the same language.

In the end this was just something that didn't work out. I'm not going to hate him, best of luck to him back in Russia.

Reactions: McMetal

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'm sure he expected more NHL time and I'm sure Avs expected more NHL caliber hockey.

Better for both parties this way.

Agreed. It's too bad because he seemed to have some potential but his game just didn't seem to translate the the north American game. Best of luck to him.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
We should have left him in russia until he was nhl caliber. With these russian players, u should only bring them over when they dominate their league. I hope we didnt completely end this on bad terms.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We should have left him in russia until he was nhl caliber. With these russian players, u should only bring them over when they dominate their league. I hope we didnt completely end this on bad terms.

The KHL isn't a developmental league. Letting him play 1-2 more seasons there likely wouldn't have made him a better hockey player, and it would've been far more difficult to bring him over after he had established himself for that long. How many 24-year-old KHL vets do you know of came to the NHL and lit it up?

They needed to see what they had in him and if he was able (and willing) to adapt to the NA game. Doesn't look like either of those things happened, but I'm fine with both player and team giving it ye olde college try.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Was he even a guarantee to make the OAR roster?

Sucks, was hoping he would've been a crusher on the bottom pairing. Oh well. Frees up 94 for SamG if he wants it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I also wonder if something like this enters into the thought process at all (even at a minuscule level) to bring Kamenev up and keep him up with the Avs rather than being around that situation. They also brought Boikov up at the same time. It probably mattered little, but I find it somewhat interesting.
They are rehabbing an injury and have been on the roster, they weren't brought up. Boikov in particular has no shot to play. Just to clear that up.

I certainly understand the frustration being told one thing and doing another. That's what happens to all prospects, the promises and the fleeting opportunities. I agree in general the NA culture is about misleading as much as anything.

I don't mind they tried, it was worth a shot. And better to get out now before they waste more time.it had to happen, it was becoming more and more an issue in the AHL. I think it's better for younger players to come over anyway than those who are all NHL or nothing.

Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm sure he expected more NHL time and I'm sure Avs expected more NHL caliber hockey.

Better for both parties this way.
Sums up my thoughts as well. We can go into a situation like this and not bash the player like hockey fans always do. Organizations don't show loyalty to players, so why should players do the same to organizations? I get it that owners are in reality the bosses and control the situation, but employees can have voices too and Mironov decided to choose his.

Hope this doesn't affect Shyvrov in any way coming over.
That's why we gotta keep Yakupov, he is a central factor for the Avs communication and marketing campaign back to the Motherland. He's our Russian ambassador to the Colorado Avalanche.

Reactions: McMetal and cgf

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Sums up my thoughts as well. We can go into a situation like this and not bash the player like hockey fans always do. Organizations don't show loyalty to players, so why should players do the same to organizations? I get it that owners are in reality the bosses and control the situation, but employees can have voices too and Mironov decided to choose his.

That's why we gotta keep Yakupov, he is a central factor for the Avs communication and marketing campaign back to the Motherland. He's our Russian ambassador to the Colorado Avalanche.

And Z. "You score goal? we need goal, come score goal"

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I feel like the Avs are still having issues with their developmental programs, especially with oversea players. If he isn't getting constructive feedback, how exactly is he suppose to develop in the AHL? IIRC Everberg said he got basically zero guidance in the AHL because he wasn't one of Avs priority prospects.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I feel like the Avs are still having issues with their developmental programs, especially with oversea players. If he isn't getting constructive feedback, how exactly is he suppose to develop in the AHL? IIRC Everberg said he got basically zero guidance in the AHL because he wasn't one of Avs priority prospects.
It’s the organization’s infamous prospect ADD. When the Avs give up on a prospect, they give up on a prospect completely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad