Confirmed with Link: Mironov signs 2 year entry-level contract

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Guys, what do you think is fair for Zadorov's contract?

If I'm his manager, I'm thinking Avs are completely over a barrel, and I play hard-ball, extracting 4.5+ per for him.

In a fair market, I think a bridge deal (3M per - maybe a little less) is appropriate (2-3 years - whatever to keep him RFA upon completion), but as it stands, Avs aren't currently playing from a level playing field.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
10 points isn't going to get him 4.5M, it doesn't matter how much they want to push it. A decent bridge deal is probably his best bet. I'd have no issue locking him up long term but they aren't going to give up that much cash yet.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Guys, what do you think is fair for Zadorov's contract?

If I'm his manager, I'm thinking Avs are completely over a barrel, and I play hard-ball, extracting 4.5+ per for him.

In a fair market, I think a bridge deal (3M per - maybe a little less) is appropriate (2-3 years - whatever to keep him RFA upon completion), but as it stands, Avs aren't currently playing from a level playing field.

I'm betting both sides will want a bridge deal. Sakic wants it to mitigate the Avs risk, Zadorov wants it to see if he can command 5m+ on his next deal. I'd feel OK giving him 4m for 7 years now and having that contract likely be a steal down the road, but I don't think Sakic will be eager to make that gamble, nor does he have any particular need to.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Yep. EJ, Barrie/Faulk/Shatty, and Mironov; with Meloche percolating in the AHL and Clurman baking in college; isn't a bad setup on the right.

Now to figure out who's gunna complete the left side with Zadorov & Bigras / Barberio / Lindholm / Boikov...and where we're gunna get that top end #1...

Possibly with a three team trade, with Jacob Trouba filling in that top #1D spot. He is exactly what we need.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We're not getting Trouba. That ship has sailed imo

All the best ships seem to have sailed. Joe stood in the bay and watched them all go out. Now he's wandering around looking for the best dinghy he can find.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
All the best ships seem to have sailed. Joe stood in the bay and watched them all go out. Now he's wandering around looking for the best dinghy he can find.

You're assuming those ships were in port to begin with. I've got a feeling none of the ships Joe let sail away had 'Trouba' or 'Hanifin' written on them.

Torture time: Can you imagine if Sakic traded Duchene for Jones back then and gave ROR they money he wanted. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a nightmare being an Avs fan.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
You're assuming those ships were in port to begin with. I've got a feeling none of the ships Joe let sail away had 'Trouba' or 'Hanifin' written on them.

Torture time: Can you imagine if Sakic traded Duchene for Jones back then and gave ROR they money he wanted. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a nightmare being an Avs fan.

It's already Monday, as if that's not bad enough... and you do this to us? :(

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I had to become a bandwagon Columbus fan just to deal with this. :help:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
im_shocked.gif

Reactions: cgf

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I'm sure he expected more NHL time and I'm sure Avs expected more NHL caliber hockey.

Better for both parties this way.

Reasonable take in my opinion, but I don't like the statements that he feels like he was misled. Unless he believes that he was guaranteed an NHL spot, which would surprise me, I don't see how that is the case.

Some media personalities (and posters for that matter) like to push a certain agenda IMO regarding Russians and the NHL.

It is worth noting as well that the Avs are certainly not anti-Russian with regard to players.

I also wonder if something like this enters into the thought process at all (even at a minuscule level) to bring Kamenev up and keep him up with the Avs rather than being around that situation. They also brought Boikov up at the same time. It probably mattered little, but I find it somewhat interesting.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So, from his interview I understood that his patience has come to an end when at the 10 game winning streak in January he was told that 'you don't change the winning roster' and after things weren't that good at the start of February he still wasn't iced.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Too bad, but if he wasn't willing to put in the time in the minors to get his game to where it needed to be, it's best for everybody that he goes back.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It really is too bad, cause he seemed like someone who had potential for more. I was definitely expecting more from the start, just like some others.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
After seeing the YT clips of his hits in the KHL I was in love with the idea of Miro. The fact that he couldn't translate his game to north American hockey is a shame but there was no harm in trying. Wish him the best in the KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad