Mirco Mueller

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Really impressed by his debut, and hope he keeps it up

Him and Burns made a sweet pair

Also, Mirco of Winterthur sounds like a character I'd make in Skyrim, and I like that

EverybodylovesSbisa

Jan 19, 2013
He hasn't played nearly enough pro games to give you any kind of definitive 'judgement' but I can tell you (in general) what I've seen from him through game 1 of the regular season.

He's an elite skater with an elite hockey IQ.

He has great gap control, really good at staying passing lanes, his positioning forces oncoming skaters to make decisions / plays before they want to.

He makes very smart short passes to escape pressure and help start the breakout but he's also able to use his skating to do the same.

He has great vision (which allows him to make those short passes), great feet and reads the game at a high end level at both ends of the ice. Hopefully these skills will also help push his offensive game along but he was pretty good at distributing the puck once he was in the offensive zone.

One thing he's improved on a lot is his physical game. He's also added some snarl to his game that I didn't see a lot of when I watched him when he was with Everett.
Thanks stalockrox!

Ofc its only one game, but nice to hear what he brings to the table at the moment, what he worked on and where he might end up. I hope that he stays in the team after 10 games, but what ever is best for him and the team. Good season sharkies! :nod:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 55m55 minutes ago
#SJSharks have compared rookie Mueller to Vlasic, who agrees. "I told him last night, I said ‘You look like a young Marc-Edouard Vlasic.’ "

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 55m55 minutes ago
#SJSharks have compared rookie Mueller to Vlasic, who agrees. "I told him last night, I said ‘You look like a young Marc-Edouard Vlasic.’ "

I remember when he was drafted, the expectation set was that the absolute best case scenario ceiling for mueller was Vlasic 2.0

Is such a thing... even possible?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I remember when he was drafted, the expectation set was that the absolute best case scenario ceiling for mueller was Vlasic 2.0

Is such a thing... even possible?

That's because most wanted whatever forward the TSN big board was overhyping. He has every tool to be a top flight two way dman.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
As I assume Mueller is gonna be something great, I'm glad that DW continues to pick underhyped kids. Coyle, Hertl, Nieto, Tierney, and Mueller are all showing something special right now.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
As I assume Mueller is gonna be something great, I'm glad that DW continues to pick underhyped kids. Coyle, Hertl, Nieto, Tierney, and Mueller are all showing something special right now.

Kind of weird that the Sharks hit on those guys since they're all 1st and 2nd round picks. That's an impressive run over the last 4 years.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Kind of weird that the Sharks hit on those guys since they're all 1st and 2nd round picks. That's an impressive run over the last 4 years.

Well they're smart players aside from being physically talented. Hockey sense is something you can't develop in most cases.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Well they're smart players aside from being physically talented. Hockey sense is something you can't develop in most cases.

Yeah, I was just referring to the fact that the Sharks' track record in the 1st few rounds of the draft isn't great. So this group of 5 guys in 4 years is a welcome development.

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
spencerjacob.bandcamp.com
Really impressed by his debut, and hope he keeps it up

Him and Burns made a sweet pair

Also, Mirco of Winterthur sounds like a character I'd make in Skyrim, and I like that

I didn't realize he was from Winterthur until the game. I've actually been there!
Played in Winterthur with my band back in 2008 2009. I think that would've made Mirco about 14 years old hahahaha.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Yeah, I was just referring to the fact that the Sharks' track record in the 1st few rounds of the draft isn't great. So this group of 5 guys in 4 years is a welcome development.

They may get a few later round gems out of this most recent draft too.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
If close to that hit rate (even including Doherty and wrenn a few years back) would help the sharks to be one of the top drafting teams in the league- irregardless of drafting position.

If Goldobin hits his potential that will be a ridiculous run up to what will likely be the best draft in the past 12 years.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
If close to that hit rate (even including Doherty and wrenn a few years back) would help the sharks to be one of the top drafting teams in the league- irregardless of drafting position.

If Goldobin hits his potential that will be a ridiculous run up to what will likely be the best draft in the past 12 years.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :p::cry::shakehead

SoftDumpInTheCorner

Jun 29, 2010
Man Jose
Definitely a promising start to the young defenseman, you could see all the tools on display, he's definitely got to work on firing the puck to the net...

But that pump fake tho.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
My hesitance with picking Mueller was more on the organization and their history with d-men picked at his level. I also didn't particularly care for the sacrificing of a 2nd round pick for two spots. There was no guarantee that the teams in front were going to pick him.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
cranky-shopper.jpg

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
He's played one game. Calm down

(If you take this quote as me rooting against a player on our team, I swear....)

While true, to be fair, he played one game in the NHL when he really has no right to be NHL ready yet and did so extremely well. No matter how you look at it, he's already exceeded many expectations. So people should be excited, but yah let's not plan the parade yet, he's not that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad