Mirco Mueller

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley

Todd said:
“It’s important that they stay in the mix and they stay on top of their game. The practice time has been good for them,” McLellan said.

“When you win you like to keep the same group together for awhile. They haven’t played and it’s been no fault of their own, just the group has had some success. We do know they’re important and they have to keep their games polished up.”

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

"Important" seems to be McLellan's buzz word this season.

I'm not a big fan of their usage if Mueller so far but considering the circumstances they're going to base roster decisions on results, I'm not a fan of that either but I understand it I guess.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
This is a forum to talk about the Sharks. If you're just going to respond with "who cares", this isn't a very suitable place to visit...

I didn't just respond with that but hey thanks. I don't care if Hannan/Irwin or Mueller play. Its going to be a revolving door all year. I guess I should demand TMac to be fired or something right?

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I didn't just respond with that but hey thanks. I don't care if Hannan/Irwin or Mueller play. Its going to be a revolving door all year. I guess I should demand TMac to be fired or something right?

Yeah, you added a useless exaggeration afterwards. You could have just posted the bolded, but nope, we need those hollow platitudes.

Negative Nancy's suck, but empty cliches bug me just as much. I'd rather not turn this into pages of useless banter though, so you know how to PM me.

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
I care if its Mueller, irwin or hannan that get played. Outside of some maintenance/learning days for Mueller to help adjust to the NHL and its grueling season, I want him to play as much as possible.

Hannan is on his way to retirement and Mueller is already better than irwin. Id rather keep hannan as the 7th and give occasional cups of coffee to Fedun and tennyson (even KA) to see who can cover 3rd pairing RHD, then to constantly need to play either Hannan and/or irwin.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
I just don't get why he stayed in San José if he sits in the press box almost every game.. I mean that's not a good thing for his development. He'd have been better off playing in the juniors, DW scares me! I'm no Shark fan so I don't care whether the Sharks make the playoffs or not.. I'm just concerned with Mueller.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I just don't get why he stayed in San José if he sits in the press box almost every game.. I mean that's not a good thing for his development. He'd have been better off playing in the juniors, DW scares me! I'm no Shark fan so I don't care whether the Sharks make the playoffs or not.. I'm just concerned with Mueller.

Historically under DW the Sharks have been very good about bringing their prospects along slowly (not rushing them when they're not ready) as well as putting them in positions to succeed once they get to the NHL.

I have some ideas/thoughts about why Mueller has been handled differently but I'm not a fan of what they've done with him so far even though Mueller has handled himself (on and off the ice) quite well considering his usage.

Last edited:

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA

Todd McLellan.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
Haven't been following the Sharks this season but just wondering how is Mueller looking so far? Any chance he gets returned to Everett?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Haven't been following the Sharks this season but just wondering how is Mueller looking so far? Any chance he gets returned to Everett?

Doubt he gets returned to Everett. He has finally been starting to get consistent playing time, because Vlasic and Braun are hurt. I would say he hasn't looked too out of place, but most of this board would disagree. I am one of the few that think he should be on our 2nd pairing with Braun.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff

He's looked ok. I think he's fine on the 3rd pairing. He has a lot to learn and needs to develop more. He has brain farts in his own end and his first pass usually isn't a great one. But he does show signs of being a big strong physical guy. Not burns status, but he's young. Still not showing enough offensive poise to be in a top 4 paired with Bruan, IMO.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Doubt he gets returned to Everett. He has finally been starting to get consistent playing time, because Vlasic and Braun are hurt. I would say he hasn't looked too out of place, but most of this board would disagree. I am one of the few that think he should be on our 2nd pairing with Braun.

I'm thoroughly convinced his wrist is still screwed up pretty bad but that's just me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad