Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Sharks with Mueller in the lineup: 0 GA total
Sharks without Mueller in the lineup: 5 GA per game

Correlation = Causation!

Start first three games of the 2015 playoffs against the Kings without Mueller. Lose all three.

Start Mueller in the next four games, four straight shutouts, Sharks win 4-3. Balance to the force restored, NBC mentions Kings huge collapse in every game the next season.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Start first three games of the 2015 playoffs against the Kings without Mueller. Lose all three.

Start Mueller in the next four games, four straight shutouts, Sharks win 4-3. Balance to the force restored, NBC mentions Kings huge collapse in every game the next season.

Sharks choke next round to continue the ways of the force.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Can anyone clarify if the deadline to send eligible players back to junior after their first 9 NHL games, or after their team's first 9?

I'm no CBA expert, but I was wondering if the coaching staff screwed themselves out of a free tryout game or not with the healthy scratch

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Can anyone clarify if the deadline to send eligible players back to junior after their first 9 NHL games, or after their team's first 9?

I'm no CBA expert, but I was wondering if the coaching staff screwed themselves out of a free tryout game or not with the healthy scratch
9 games for the player, not the team so the coaches aren't screwing Mueller. It involves the contract sliding, not the player returning to junior.

http://capgeek.com/faq/how-does-an-entry-level-contract-slide

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
/\ Thanks folks

I knew it was a deadline for pushing the ELC, I just worded it very poorly

Good to know we are getting our share of looks at him this year, but based on last night he probably sticks anyway

TheHockeyRant

Apr 19, 2014
Reno, NV
/\ Thanks folks

I knew it was a deadline for pushing the ELC, I just worded it very poorly

Good to know we are getting our share of looks at him this year, but based on last night he probably sticks anyway

Well the Sharks are able to keep 23 guys on their roster and are currently at 26 if you include the injured players. So when Goodrow, Kennedy and Sheppard are healthy they will need to make a decision on who to send down.

It's obvious Mueller will stay up as they will need 7 Dmen. My guess is that Goodrow is either sent down simply due to his injury, or the team begins to explore trade options. Luckily every player making under 3 mil per season except for Torres does not have an NTC so trades will be possible if the team wants to keep Tierney or one of the young guns on the roster.

Luckily due to Torres being on LTIR for at least half the season, the Sharks will only need to get rid of TWO forwards either by Worcester or trade. 26 down to 24

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
spencerjacob.bandcamp.com
Why isn't Mirco being dressed? It is obvious that even with typical rookie mistakes he is far superior to Irwin and Hannan. Just his skating alone makes him better.

It would be hard to believe the Sharks management doesn't know this. Are they trying to lose games for the draft, or what?

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
I really hope they're trying to showcase Irwin, but don't want to pair him with rookie Mueller (who's still better than him and Hannan).

dwood16

Sep 28, 2009
L.A.
spencerjacob.bandcamp.com
I really hope they're trying to showcase Irwin, but don't want to pair him with rookie Mueller (who's still better than him and Hannan).

That's hopeful thinking and I hope it's true. I can see why they wouldn't want him with Mueller on tape for other teams looking at him. Mueller would make him look even slower than he is.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA

That is the only thing that makes any sense. Otherwise why not send him down and let him play? Being in the press box and watching is only advantageous for a game or two.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That is the only thing that makes any sense. Otherwise why not send him down and let him play? Being in the press box and watching is only advantageous for a game or two.

Mueller can't be sent anywhere. He's too young to play in the AHL, and he's already played too many games to be sent back to junior.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Possibly DW is stuck in a void where Mueller can't be sent "down" but lacks the experience to play well every night. Confidence is a factor.

Catch-22.

Mueller with room to grow and be better from game to game is still playing on a level better than either Irwin or Hannan and should be in the lineup. If it's not a health thing, it's ridiculous for him not to be in. He's not going to get better sitting on his ass in an ongoing basis.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I think they're keeping him fresh. He's not used to playing this much. I would be blown away if Müller could last the whole season anyway. Just look at what happened to Nieto in the middle part of last season.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I thought he could still get sent to the CHL, it would just be a waste of his first ELC year.

Most teams already have their 2 imports on the roster (including Everett), I'm not sure if there'd be room for him. I think Doug should loan him to the Swiss for the WJC's and then bring him back with more experience and make sure he's ready to go.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I thought he could still get sent to the CHL, it would just be a waste of his first ELC year.

He's burned a year of his ELC already but yes, he can be sent back to the WHL.

It's not going to happen but there are absolutely a few teams that would happily give Everett something pretty good to get him.

I think they're keeping him fresh. He's not used to playing this much. I would be blown away if Müller could last the whole season anyway. Just look at what happened to Nieto in the middle part of last season.

I know that the wear and tear in the WHL isn't comparable to the NHL but Mueller played in a total of 89 games last season.

As I said yesterday, I get the idea of sitting him for a game to watch and learn but unless he's injured (sure doesn't seem like it from watching him practice), parking his butt in the press box for what will be at least 3 games / 10 days isn't good.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 14s14 seconds ago

Mirco Mueller, by the way, has been a healthy scratch last three games. He’s not hurt #SJSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad