Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Romario or Ronaldo at the time? PSV was always a gateway for brazilians to enter the big leagues in Europe.
I always liked netherlands football btw. One of my first sport memory was the semifinal between holland and brazil in the 98 world cup, one of the finest games I have ever seen in my life.

Nah not on Romario/Ronaldo level but a gun player nonetheless. Like Amazing Kreiderman said.... not the fastest, not the strongest, not the most athletic but he had a football brain. I hated the son of a bitch. Respected him but hated him.

Dutch football in the 90s was very good. I freferred watching Dutch League to EPL to be honest. I'll never forget that 1 season when Ajax owned Europe. Undefeated season at home and then walked through the comp in Champions League.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Been really busy lately and not had time to check in on the Packs. How is the Shark doing?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It is so refreshing to have a couple of young players doing so well again. It’s been too long. Honestly, probably since Anisimov. Kreider, Miller, Fast, Lindbergh all were good st the AHL level but none of them were on the same level as these two in terms of points at this age.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Well i can tell you that Litmanen sucked and PSV was the way of life back in the 90s.

Oh my God. Will you shut up about PSV
;)

I feel like now you're taking the opposite approach and holding Chytil's flash against him.

Well, I think the needs to improve defensively and on face offs. The offense is there but that alone won't be enough to make it in the NHL. Lias has a completely different skill set which, in my opinion, translates more easily to the NHL.

Reactions: darko

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Romario or Ronaldo at the time? PSV was always a gateway for brazilians to enter the big leagues in Europe.
I always liked netherlands football btw. One of my first sport memory was the semifinal between holland and brazil in the 98 world cup, one of the finest games I have ever seen in my life.

Peak Ronaldo was the best footballer ever. If he didn't get injured, he might've reached Messi status.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Peak Ronaldo was the best footballer ever. If he didn't get injured, he might've reached Messi status.
I don't know I always thought the best player at his peak was Ronaldinho Gaúcho, those two years in Barcelona he was basically out of this world. Pity that he enjoyed partying too much. He still enjoys, actually.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I don't know I always thought the best player at his peak was Ronaldinho Gaúcho, those two years in Barcelona he was basically out of this world. Pity that he enjoyed partying too much. He still enjoys, actually.
I spent a lot of 1989-1991 in NYC and partied with a very good Brazilian soccer player on many occasion. The ladies. OMG...

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I spent a lot of 1989-1991 in NYC and partied with a very good Brazilian soccer player on many occasion. The ladies. OMG...
Yeah, you understand what I'm talking about hahahaha.
Nowadays it's probably heavier than at your time. Ronaldinho is famous for throwing parties that last more than 48 hours.
1PYcws

srtaea

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Was this purely an AHL trade? How does future considerations even work in this scenario?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It will be really tough for Hartford to make it, especially if guys like Pionk, Gilmour and Lettieri are with the Rangers. They're 6 points and significant point percentage back of Charlotte, who they'd have to pass. They're also technically behind Bridgeport on point percentage.

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad