Minor League Thread 2017-18: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
We have some roster spots open for college free agents.

Who are the best ones available?

LD Daniel Brickley: Played for Team USA in the (adult) WC, was supposed to make the US Olympic team, but didn't for some reason. WCHA Player of the Year last season. Good size and offense. More agility than speed. Attended our camp in 2015, so our staff should be familiar with him. Generally viewed as the big fish of this year's UDFAs.

LD Jimmy Schuldt: Another American left handed defenseman. Spectacular skater with good size. Possession driver. His skills should be transferable to the NHL.

LD Tariq Hammond: Left handed purely defensive defenseman from the US, just like the Rangers love. Captain of U of Denver. Already 24 years old, so I'm not sure how much more he'll develop. It's easy for grown men to look good against kids half a decade younger.

LD Mattias Goransson: Yet another big left handed defenseman, but this one is European. He's Swedish, which should tell you a lot more than just where he was born. Good, but unspectacular at everything: skating, stickhandling, gap control, positioning, IQ.

RD Grant Hutton: Big, mobile, but without enough offensive creativity for it to translate at the NHL level. Excellent defensively. "A" in U of Miami-Ohio.

Dylan McLaughlin: Smallish college overager, but put up good numbers. Eligible to stay in college one more year, but given his age and performance there, probably will opt for the pros next season.

G Cale Morris: Came out of nowhere to steal the starter's job from a kid who was the starting US goalie in WJC-18 (and that other kid did well for Team USA). Then Morris just dominated, giving up 1.14 GAA less per game than the other goalie and had .028 lower (.945 vs .917) SV%.

EDIT: Brayden Burke seems like a good option to sign out of the Juniors. He's an overager and a bit small, but he's scoring 2 points per game there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mats Zuccarelli

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
tried to ask this yesterday, but i guess i didn't click Post Reply

Gilmour, Pionk, O'Gara were not sent down (on paper) to HWP,
Georgiev was demoted and recalled yesterday
Lettieri was ent down
wasnt there a deadline for players to be on AHL rosters to be eligible for AHL playoffs?
are Gilmour, Pionk, O'Gara now ineligible to return to HWP for (if) AHL playoffs when NYR season ends?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
tried to ask this yesterday, but i guess i didn't click Post Reply

Gilmour, Pionk, O'Gara were not sent down (on paper) to HWP,
Georgiev was demoted and recalled yesterday
Lettieri was ent down
wasnt there a deadline for players to be on AHL rosters to be eligible for AHL playoffs?
are Gilmour, Pionk, O'Gara now ineligible to return to HWP for (if) AHL playoffs when NYR season ends?
I believe so, yes.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So how many games can Chytil play this year and not burn off a year in the entry level ?

I’m sure he and Andersson come up to play just under the max

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
And Charles Williams' 23-minute shutout streak to begin his career comes to an end.

Hartford is gonna need to go on a run here soon as they have two teams to pass. They can't afford to be losing 3 of 4 or anything like that. A losing streak more than two and they make it pretty much impossible for themselves.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
When was Chytil's last point? Feel like he's gone a bit cold as of recent, which is understandable for someone his age playing at such a high level

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When was Chytil's last point? Feel like he's gone a bit cold as of recent, which is understandable for someone his age playing at such a high level
Four games ago, if you include tonight. And yes, he has gone cold, one assist in his last eight games (again, including tonight).

Reactions: Rangers743

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Over a 76 game schedule he'd be on pace for 57 points, which would be pretty damn great. Chytil would be on pace for about 55, which given his age would be phenomenal.

Not saying you can just extrapolate, but still. They're having great rookie years, is the point.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lettieri from Beleskey and Nieves and it's back to 4-3. If Hartford could even just take a point from this it would be big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad