GDT: Minnows vs Predators 7:30pm NBCSCA

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
nah you're right. I'm just high on Thornton fumes.

No worries, just remember to use Thornton fumes in moderation

200w.webp

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
That their backup goalie is a choker?

That they were playing on the second half of a back to back?

That their 3rd best forward was injured and didn’t play?

That their best player got injured after the first period?

I’m happy about the win, but let’s not pretend here like we were playing against the truly dominant version of the Predators, or that there aren’t some serious things to be concerned about from this game.

I guess you win.

I’ll stand in the corner and jump up and down because my team won.

Do you really find the importance in declaring things such as this?
Are you aware that your points don’t change a thing here? The team that you support (?) just won a thrilling game.
Try and enjoy that for a bit. It’s kind of fun.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
What does it say that this probably doesn't even get into the top 10 weird Japanese things I've ever seen?

Well aside from the fact that it says Japan is weeeeeeeeiirrrrd.
Same, this is tame for Japan on the weird scale. I love Japan.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For what it’s worth, I think this team SHOULD be a cup contender if everyone is healthy and EK65 goes into beast mode.

Beyond that? I don’t know, but this team should be competing for a cup this Spring. It has the horses, so long as guys stay healthy. Not gonna go into names, as to avoid the jinx.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I guess you win.

I’ll stand in the corner and jump up and down because my team won.

Do you really find the importance in declaring things such as this?
Are you aware that your points don’t change a thing here? The team that you support (?) just won a thrilling game.
Try and enjoy that for a bit. It’s kind of fun.

Dude, somebody asked what this result says about Nashville. I’m telling him exactly why this really doesn’t reflect all that poorly on Nashville.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Dude, they blew a 3-0 lead to go down 4-3 against a team who lost their best defenseman. It’s a good win. But there are problems present. This team can not seem to defend and hold leads no matter who they play.

I’m not here to be pessimistic. This was, overall, something to be very happy about. The Joes seem to work together again which is very important. Jones made a huge save to save the game. There’s a lot to be happy about. I don’t even think anybody was particularly complaining until you started freaking out about their complaining. :laugh:

When I see something like "Braun is dead weight" when I've watched and rooted for this team when they actually had bottom pairs that were like dead weight when we should be celebrating a great comeback against a great team then sometimes I find I just can't take it anymore and I post something.

Mea Culpa

Reactions: 209 and slocal

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
This lead-giving-up thing is honestly bizarre. I saw some people post in this thread stuff like “classic DeBoer” or “classic Sharks” but this really isn’t like the Sharks under DeBoer. In 2015-2016, the Sharks were absolutely stifling defensively in third periods when they had leads. I remember that the Sharks would be up by a goal or two in the third and routinely would allow five shots or less for the rest of the game. They didn’t allow the opponent to get anything going at all. That’s what this year’s Sharks are missing.

You’re right. I don’t know if it was last year or the year before but we had something like 2 or 3 regulation losses all season when leading after 2 periods

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The real reason we won is because I played a quick game of ea nhl during 2nd intermission

If Marion Hoser can push the Silvertips through to the memorial cup final then the sharks can beat the preds on a road back-to-back

You're all welcome

Reactions: Phu

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Dude, somebody asked what this result says about Nashville. I’m telling him exactly why this really doesn’t reflect all that poorly on Nashville.

All I was saying is there's another great team on the ice also trying to win even without one of their best players. Just like we were without Jumbo etc... And by definition we don't suck when we win the game against them..

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
When I see something like "Braun is dead weight" when I've watched and rooted for this team when they actually had bottom pairs that were like dead weight when we should be celebrating a great comeback against a great team then sometimes I find I just can't take it anymore and I post something.

Mea Culpa

I can understand that. I don’t think Braun is weight. I was literally the one defending Braun and pointing out that, when he was on the same team as actual dead weight, a roughly replacement level player in Dylan DeMelo, it was clear that Braun was miles better.

Erik Karlsson just went on a 60+ second rant about how awesome Joe Thornton is. My heart is melting right now.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Braun has been bad for a few years now.

He just fools people into thinking he’s good because he plays defense. He plays defense because he can’t do anything else. He can’t escape his D-zone without the help of the very good forwards here or Vlasic. He can’t really handle the puck at all. His skating isn’t very good. He hasn’t been good for a while now. He has no choice but to defend at this point.

The funny thing is that, despite all that - and relatively speaking, he doesn't tend to get scored against and the Sharks tend to score when he is out.

So bad....

Reactions: mooncalf

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Braun has been bad for a few years now.

He just fools people into thinking he’s good because he plays defense. He plays defense because he can’t do anything else. He can’t escape his D-zone without the help of the very good forwards here or Vlasic. He can’t really handle the puck at all. His skating isn’t very good. He hasn’t been good for a while now. He has no choice but to defend at this point.

But then the soul of karlsson entered his body and he made that stretch pass to sorensen ...

Reactions: mooncalf

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
All I was saying is there's another great team on the ice also trying to win even without one of their best players. Just like we were without Jumbo etc... And by definition we don't suck when we win the game against them..

You need a better dictionary, you absolutely can suck but win, just look at almost every game ANA has won. They suck, Gibson is a god. I think the word you are looking for is fail. You cant win but fail.

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad