GDT: Minnows vs Predators 7:30pm NBCSCA

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
This is what the game was about.
Joe Thornton.
The absolute joy he exhibited after scoring his 400th goal in his illustrious career. It also turned out to be the game winner over the best team in the league.
To see his teammates elation was incredible.
He will be a hall of famer. Imagine that.

*edited out*

I sat in those seats when we won 11 games that second year. Watching the Penguins and Mario Lemieux torch us for 10 goals.
Praying that Pat Falloon was going to lead us to the promised land alongside Brian Lawton.

*edited out*

Hockey is a wonderful game.

Enjoy it.

Go Sharks!!

Edit: Some of this post brings me joy.:thumbu:

27c8ea682f4b4ed74d5ed5e64bcdcef1.jpg

Last edited:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It was a great save by Jones, but two years ago, that pass is not getting through. Vlasic was completely off on that one...

perhaps true, but to be fair, josi isn't some schlub

Sorensen and Jumbo have amazing chemistry right now. Feeding off each other's energy is awesome to see. Sorensen is leaps and bounds better than last year.

I swear he's got a little ekman about him

Jumbo had 4 shots last night. He wanted that one.

Passes on net!

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
So much to say about being at last night's game - not enough time to discuss it all BUT...

There were at least 3 or 4 (maybe more) times I said 'wow what a pass by Karlsson.' His hand/eye coordination is otherworldly. I only used to say this for Jumbo.

Jumbo - my buddy was complaining that Joe just looks older and slower. I'm like, dude has barely played in a year. He is still Joe Thornton. Tonight was a very good Joe Thornton game.

As Alaskanice said, this is such a far cry from the days of yore. Appreciate what we have, a perennial playoff contender.

Reactions: Phu

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They've had a perennial playoff contender for 15 years with no championships. There's only so much you're going to be able to tell people to appreciate what you have when it's been had for so long yet lack the results that are actually desired.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Haven’t seen this quote from Rocco Grimaldi here yet:

"The first period, there's nothing that can be said. It was abysmal," Grimaldi said. "The first period is not acceptable for a team of our caliber against a middle-of-the-pack team. The first period came back to bite us. No matter what happens we believe we can come back."

:skeptic:
I would hang that up in the locker room

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston

"The first period, there's nothing that can be said. It was abysmal," Grimaldi said. "The first period is not acceptable for a team of our caliber against a middle-of-the-pack team. The first period came back to bite us. No matter what happens we believe we can come back."

I was considering dropping that quote from the NHL article on here too. Funny how a middle of the pack team has handed them half their losses so far.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

This is bulletin board material and kind of funny at the same time. I mean I know we have not been lighting things on fire but this middle-of-the-pack team beat them twice already this season and is only 4 points behind them in the standings. So if we are middle of the pack, they are not really much of a top team.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
This is bulletin board material and kind of funny at the same time. I mean I know we have not been lighting things on fire but this middle-of-the-pack team beat them twice already this season and is only 4 points behind them in the standings. So if we are middle of the pack, they are not really much of a top team.

Maybe there is only a middle?

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose

Lol. A plug talking smack.

Talk shit get hit motherf***er. This "middle of the pack" team handed Nashville half their losses

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

It's hilarious that that's what he'd want to go with when that same team dropped three in the third in their home barn to beat them not too long ago. They've let that middle-of-the-pack team drop three goals in two separate periods on them. Maybe Rocco should stop underestimating his competition.

Reactions: Phu

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
It's hilarious that that's what he'd want to go with when that same team dropped three in the third in their home barn to beat them not too long ago. They've let that middle-of-the-pack team drop three goals in two separate periods on them. Maybe Rocco should stop underestimating his competition.
He was still high on that early 3rd period go ahead goal. It was his first and only point all season, after all.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
What the **** are you even talking about dude? Nothing I wrote nitpicked him. You need to work on your reading comprehension. FFS. I was actually complimenting how quickly he's getting his game back. Damning him for what play? I essentially stated surprise that he was awesome on a particular back check. It was impressive and I hadn't seen him skate that full out since he come back yet. It bodes well for him and the team for the rest of the season. I also stated that the way he plays he's not susceptible (look this word up if it's confusing) to him getting older basically because his game isn't based on blazing speed to start with. the implication (again use the dictionary) that he may be able to play for a number of years still. Dude, your inability to read is bringing people down.

For the record I was at that game where Mario torched the Sharks too. Along with hundreds of other games. Not sure where you're going with that line of thought but... so what?

Jones finally did what he's paid to do. The offense won that game with an assist to the goalie. He didn't steal it though. Still giving up too many soft goals.

I was piggybacking on your post. I was in no way contesting it. You made a statement about Thornton that I was adding to.
That led me to voice my opinion how others here only complain.
Nothing bad pointed at you.
I apologize for getting your ire up. Not my intention at all.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I was piggybacking on your post. I was in no way contesting it. You made a statement about Thornton that I was adding to.
That led me to voice my opinion how others here only complain.
Nothing bad pointed at you.
I apologize for getting your ire up. Not my intention at all.

Alaskanice is good people and deserves the benefit of the doubt. :)

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California

I really hope Dillon checks this midget straight through the glass next time we see him. Dude has 4 points in the last 2 years. Couldn't even crack the roster on this middle of the pack team. This is bothering me more than it probably should.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I really hope Dillon checks this midget straight through the glass next time we see him.

By the next time San Jose plays Nashville, Grimaldi will have been waived and will be playing for a middle of the pack AHL team.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I really hope Dillon checks this midget straight through the glass next time we see him. Dude has 4 points in the last 2 years. Couldn't even crack the roster on this middle of the pack team. This is bothering me more than it probably should.

Well, all you have to do is go to the Nashville board and read about how much they want to play us in the playoffs. They realize better than Grimaldi that we match up well against them and play them hard.

Its kind of a win-win, ha ha. If we beat them in the future, well great. If not, we were a middle-of-the-pack team .. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad