GDT: Minnows vs Predators 7:30pm NBCSCA

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
wow. Jumbo looking solid already. Not even talking about on his goal. He had a back check to take the middle lane and he was skating strong. His game may be less susceptible to the effects of old age.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phu

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You need a better dictionary, you absolutely can suck but win, just look at almost every game ANA has won. They suck, Gibson is a god. I think the word you are looking for is fail. You cant win but fail.
Yup.

And if we're really gonna argue winning and all that, you could then argue that Carlyle is a better head coach then DeBoer because he's got a cup and DeBoer doesn't. Same goes for Dan Bylsma. In reality, are these guys better head coaches in the NHL than DeBoer? Nope.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I remember last year we couldn't buy goal but kept others from scoring 2 goals against max on average. This year we're flying offensively but leave much to be desired defensively (miscues mostly). Oh and Spott still sucks

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
What does it say that this probably doesn't even get into the top 10 weird Japanese things I've ever seen?

Well aside from the fact that it says Japan is weeeeeeeeiirrrrd.

Can confirm. In Japan right now, weirdness abounds

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Sorensen is such a randomly perfect fit with Joe. He is just a hair to fast on the cycle to use his waterbug size against him and if you lose half a stride he's cutting from the right boards across the ice and waiting out flat-footed dmwn and goalies. It seems like at some point teams are going to catch on. Maybe they already have and Thornton is just too strong and Sorensen is just too fast. A goal and two primary assists. We better sign that kid asap before he becomes a $2-3m player

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
Sorensen is such a randomly perfect fit with Joe. He is just a hair to fast on the cycle to use his waterbug size against him and if you lose half a stride he's cutting from the right boards across the ice and waiting out flat-footed dmwn and goalies. It seems like at some point teams are going to catch on. Maybe they already have and Thornton is just too strong and Sorensen is just too fast. A goal and two primary assists. We better sign that kid asap before he becomes a $2-3m player
There are a couple players we need to sign ASAP before they become too expensive.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Yup.

And if we're really gonna argue winning and all that, you could then argue that Carlyle is a better head coach then DeBoer because he's got a cup and DeBoer doesn't. Same goes for Dan Bylsma. In reality, are these guys better head coaches in the NHL than DeBoer? Nope.

We didn't suck and win. We dominated. Go look at the numbers.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I like that Pete is rotating Burns and Karlsson on the first PP unit instead of just throwing Burns out there. I just feel more comfortable with EK quarterbacking and I think it’s the fair move if you have two players of that caliber.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I like that Pete is rotating Burns and Karlsson on the first PP unit instead of just throwing Burns out there. I just feel more comfortable with EK quarterbacking and I think it’s the fair move if you have two players of that caliber.

I feel like vlasic barely saw the pp. Could be wrong, though.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Don’t remember seeing him out there once..

He had a minute total.

Id prefer to see karlsson get the full 2 minutes on one pp with burns changing the look in the last 30 seconds and then swapping on the next pp.

Then you run vlasic braun to give them a breather.

But a pp like that will need a full season before really clicking. But its worth it. You need the changeup in the playoffs

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Sorensen scored at a very high per-minute ratio in the SHL the year before we signed him, same as Suomela. He continues to impress me with his hustle, hands, and wheels. He’s a very, very easy guy to cheer for; he’s a personal favorite of my dad’s for those reasons. Hope he continues to shine. I thought we might be missing a top-9 forward to complete our forward corps but Sorensen might just be that guy.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

Don't look now but Sorenson has almost as many points as Lebanc while playing further down the lineup and looking far more effective shift to shift. He's had some very good pass plays this year too. He appears to be simply figuring out how to play in the NHL with his particular skill set.

Reactions: Phu

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Pretty bummed that Braun went from one of his best games this season to one of his worst. He was just a cluster f*** of incompetence last night.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe but he had a hell of a flip pass to Sorensen to set up the winner.
No doubt. But most of the rest of his night was a detriment to the team. I can't believe he wasn't a minus player last night. Those last 2 goals must have bailed him out. Could have sworn him and vlassic were minus most of the night. And I want the guy to succeed. I would much rather keep him over this version of Vlassic simply for salary cap reasons.

Reactions: Church Hill

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
wow. Jumbo looking solid already. Not even talking about on his goal. He had a back check to take the middle lane and he was skating strong. His game may be less susceptible to the effects of old age.

This is what the game was about.
Joe Thornton.
The absolute joy he exhibited after scoring his 400th goal in his illustrious career. It also turned out to be the game winner over the best team in the league.
To see his teammates elation was incredible.
He will be a hall of famer. Imagine that.

This is why I have such a hard time when you, as a fan of this team, nitpick over every play. Forever damning this player or that play.
I realize it’s the way of the world now.

I sat in those seats when we won 11 games that second year. Watching the Penguins and Mario Lemieux torch us for 10 goals.
Praying that Pat Falloon was going to lead us to the promised land alongside Brian Lawton.

Now I get to see Joe Thornton score his 400th goal and there are people complaining about one player? There are people bagging on Martin Jones, who won the game by the way.

Stop with the complaining. You’re only bringing people down.

Hockey is a wonderful game.

Enjoy it.

Go Sharks!!

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
This is what the game was about.
Joe Thornton.
The absolute joy he exhibited after scoring his 400th goal in his illustrious career. It also turned out to be the game winner over the best team in the league.
To see his teammates elation was incredible.
He will be a hall of famer. Imagine that.

This is why I have such a hard time when you, as a fan of this team, nitpick over every play. Forever damning this player or that play.
I realize it’s the way of the world now.

I sat in those seats when we won 11 games that second year. Watching the Penguins and Mario Lemieux torch us for 10 goals.
Praying that Pat Falloon was going to lead us to the promised land alongside Brian Lawton.

Now I get to see Joe Thornton score his 400th goal and there are people complaining about one player? There are people bagging on Martin Jones, who won the game by the way.

Stop with the complaining. You’re only bringing people down.

Hockey is a wonderful game.

Enjoy it.

Go Sharks!!
What the f*** are you even talking about dude? Nothing I wrote nitpicked him. You need to work on your reading comprehension. FFS. I was actually complimenting how quickly he's getting his game back. Damning him for what play? I essentially stated surprise that he was awesome on a particular back check. It was impressive and I hadn't seen him skate that full out since he come back yet. It bodes well for him and the team for the rest of the season. I also stated that the way he plays he's not susceptible (look this word up if it's confusing) to him getting older basically because his game isn't based on blazing speed to start with. the implication (again use the dictionary) that he may be able to play for a number of years still. Dude, your inability to read is bringing people down.

For the record I was at that game where Mario torched the Sharks too. Along with hundreds of other games. Not sure where you're going with that line of thought but... so what?

Jones finally did what he's paid to do. The offense won that game with an assist to the goalie. He didn't steal it though. Still giving up too many soft goals.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad