GDT: Minnows vs Predators 7:30pm NBCSCA

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I love the idea that somehow Nashville is elite, but the Sharks, who defeated them in the playoffs just 2 seasons ago and went on to the cup finals are middle-of-the-pack... right.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Who cares. He's just mad his breakaway goal ended up not mattering.

Sharks match up well with Nashville. Always have.

Reactions: Bizz

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
On Instagram, he said in the comments of this photo that he was misquoted. What he said was that Nashville’s performance in the first period would have been unsatisfactory even if they were a middle of the pack team, and he went on to call San Jose one of the best teams in the league.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I was piggybacking on your post. I was in no way contesting it. You made a statement about Thornton that I was adding to.
That led me to voice my opinion how others here only complain.
Nothing bad pointed at you.
I apologize for getting your ire up. Not my intention at all.

Ok... that's not how it read at all. Maybe you should edit it... I would be fine to edit my reply if you did. Just to be clear, I'm as happy and excited as anyone to have Jumbo back and starting to do Jumbo type things. Going to be a sad day for Sharks fan when he hangs them up.

Last edited:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
It's hilarious that that's what he'd want to go with when that same team dropped three in the third in their home barn to beat them not too long ago. They've let that middle-of-the-pack team drop three goals in two separate periods on them. Maybe Rocco should stop underestimating his competition.

never mind. Just saw that he was brutally misquoted...

Last edited:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
They've had a perennial playoff contender for 15 years with no championships. There's only so much you're going to be able to tell people to appreciate what you have when it's been had for so long yet lack the results that are actually desired.

There is merit to that. If given a choice between a team that has good to great chance every year to win it all or a team that wins once and then sucks for a decade, I will always take the consistently competitive team. The football team I follow won a few championships when I was a kid and none since while sucking most of the time. I barely watch anymore and there is very little joy in the game for me. They way the Sharks do it is light years better IMO. They always give me hope and optimism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evilmotherinlaw

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He shouldn't have said something that could easily get manipulated. He should have just stuck with the cliche 'we didn't play well' stuff.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
He shouldn't have said something that could easily get manipulated. He should have just stuck with the cliche 'we didn't play well' stuff.

Then people would complain about how hockey players are so boring and have no personality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad