Minnesota Wild General Discussion XVI

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And that reason is- Bill Guerin is terrible at his job. With this roster, Eriksson Ek is going to have to be the 1st line center and the 3rd line matchup center. And even if he could pull that off, they would still be missing a 2nd line center.

Or, he'll be the first line center, and someone else will be the third line matchup center.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Don't look too much into these groups, they will change you know. Very long training camp this season, first regular season game is Oct 15th.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Boldy looks like he got his training camp uniform tailored and fitted. Rossi looks like he's wearing Boldy's spare set.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I keep thinking that Guerin believes if he keeps playing Rask in the top 6 them some sucker of a GM will trade for him.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think we're going to see an extremely motivated Fiala this season.....He's got fire in his eyes, afterall.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I disagree. I think Evason and Guerin want to give Ek every opportunity to play in a more offensive role. In the end, it may not work and he goes back to playing a regular shift between Foligno and Greenway...but I think they believe his offensive ceiling is a bit higher.

I don't get the same impression. Based on this interview it seems like he is extremely happy the way Ek is playing a defense first game and emphasizes that it is the way that ALL centers should play in the Wild, defense first, with wingers driving the offense:

If it's not Guerin's own word he is using, then it's somebody in the organization that has assured him that this is the way they must play. The Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway has been one of the best lines in GF/GA in NHL for 2 years straight, including this years playoffs. They've never had below 66% goal%, which means that while on ice together, they have always scored at least double the amount of goals that has been scored against them. I would be shocked if they broked up that line to the season opener.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I don't get the same impression. Based on this interview it seems like he is extremely happy the way Ek is playing a defense first game and emphasizes that it is the way that ALL centers should play in the Wild, defense first, with wingers driving the offense:

If it's not Guerin's own word he is using, then it's somebody in the organization that has assured him that this is the way they must play. The Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway has been one of the best lines in GF/GA in NHL for 2 years straight, including this years playoffs. They've never had below 66% goal%, which means that while on ice together, they have always scored at least double the amount of goals that has been scored against them. I would be shocked if they broked up that line to the season opener.

His Bergeron statement was illuminating. That is his model of a modern elite center.

It is why he loves JEE.

It is why he is optimistic about Rossi.

It is why he wants more from Sturm, who has been good offensively but could be stronger and better defensively.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Fiala is moaning..."how come Kirill got 9 million and I only got 5??"

Evason..."stop it, or I'll put you on the 4th line"
*looks at the 4th line, sees Rossi playing center, Boldy playing wing*

Fiala resumes moaning..."how come Kirill got 9 million and I only got 5??"

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Does anyone see Khavanov getting a look this year? Does he even still play center or is is he one of those “really a wing” centers?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Does anyone see Khavanov getting a look this year? Does he even still play center or is is he one of those “really a wing” centers?

Because he's missing camp, I don't see him getting a look with the NHL club this season and instead spending the entire season in Iowa...which is probably what's best for him anyway.

Last edited:

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Any chance u guys think Goligoski QB’s your PP this year?

and by QB I mean just bump the puck over to 97? Thanks lol

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Any chance u guys think Goligoski QB’s your PP this year?

and by QB I mean just bump the puck over to 97? Thanks lol

Never say never but he might end up being 5th in line for that role. Spurgeon is probably 1st. If Addison makes the team full time he might be 2nd or 3rd. Depends on how they want to use Dumba and Brodin now that Suter is gone.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
So are we thinking maybe something like

Boldy
Fiala-Ek-Kaprizov
Spurgeon

Greenway
Zuccarello-Gaudreau?-Rossi
Brodin/Dumba?
That PP2 is in desperate need of a shooter, would likely be Dumba and I might be inclined to lean Hartman (I don’t really know Gaudreau’s game at all) because he is a righty with a decent shooting inclination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad