Minnesota Wild General Discussion XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Not a lot for either team after the first. Pretty even. Quick up and down, but mostly neutral zone play, very few shots. A nice move and little dish from Boldy at the blueline. Kahkonen went down too fast on Saad's goal, but it was a pretty sick pass from Thomas and a good finish. A few Wild opportunities should have been more dangerous on the rush, but the Blues had some above average blocks, stick-checks, and goaltending to keep your dudes from generating anything.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Can you watch this game if you buy the NHL.com package? (Not Minnesota based btw if that helps)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Can you watch this game if you buy the NHL.com package? (Not Minnesota based btw if that helps)

I don't think so. From what I gather, the ONLY place it's being aired is through Bally Sports Midwest online, which means you'd have to be in St. Louis with a local cable subscription.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I honestly might fork out the 200 and see if maybe I can watch it lol
upload_2021-9-25_20-57-2.png

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Nope. NHL package isn't a thing in the US this year. It's all ESPN+ for hockey streams. It comes with my Disney+ sub at least.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Nope. NHL package isn't a thing in the US this year. It's all ESPN+ for hockey streams. It comes with my Disney+ sub at least.

Sorry I should have clarified, not the NHL package for tv. NHL game center that you buy on their website

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sorry I should have clarified, not the NHL package for tv. NHL game center that you buy on their website

Yeah that doesn't exist in the US anymore. All the games are on ESPN+. When you go to actually buy it, it redirects you to ESPN+.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Some of the hockey stream pay sites are better than others. Double check and see what all it gives you. One year I got NHL, AHL, CHL, college, and some other games from one site (forget which one) for a sub.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Yeah that doesn't exist in the US anymore. All the games are on ESPN+. When you go to actually buy it, it redirects you to ESPN+.

Oh that is interesting. We can still purchase it here in Canada.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
wait nhl.tv is still gonna be a thing in the US this year right? i live out of market now so it was always a great buy

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Nope. ESPN+ for US.

I think a VPN workaround will still work.

I put up a GDT.
Ugh. Want nothing to do with espn or their disney hulu bundles. But supposedly it'l still have all the wild games besides national ones (again from out of market). Wonder how the price difference crap is. I hate crap changing

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Ugh. Want nothing to do with espn or their disney hulu bundles. But supposedly it'l still have all the wild games besides national ones (again from out of market). Wonder how the price difference crap is. I hate crap changing

Me either, but we had the Disney+ sub already so it's cheaper than me dropping money the NHL sub price like past years.

It stinks being a Wild blackout area, but not having a way to watch the games because FSWI (BSWI now) had other things on instead. Hence the NHL package + VPN to be able to watch games I've done for a couple years.

Reactions: 123TripleDoge

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Me either, but we had the Disney+ sub already so it's cheaper than me dropping money the NHL sub price like past years.

It stinks being a Wild blackout area, but not having a way to watch the games because FSWI (BSWI now) had other things on instead. Hence the NHL package + VPN to be able to watch games I've done for a couple years.
Isn't espn+ on its own pretty damn cheap? Like 7 bucks? Is that one subscription gonna seriously give every out of market nhl game?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Wild had the better of the play in the first half of the 2nd. No sustained pressure whatsoever from either team, but the Wild were quicker, more connected, and got more shots in the first half. The Blues gradually took the momentum back and the Wild got caught standing still and not really knowing how to exit the zone cleanly in the second half.

Hicketts was noticeable in both bad and good ways. Fast, aggressive, got a couple offensive opportunities, but he fell down and contributed to turnovers when trying to clear the zone. I noticed Rossi doing a good job setting up screens in front of the goalie - he was trying to get in the way as much as he could instead of shying away from the shot or hoping he could slide to the side and scoop up a rebound.

Both goals were terrible. Extremely sharp angle junk that is 100% on the goalies.

Reactions: pfunk

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Isn't espn+ on its own pretty damn cheap? Like 7 bucks? Is that one subscription gonna seriously give every out of market nhl game?

No clue. I only have a rough knowledge of it from poking around last night. I'll around play with it to get some practical knowledge when there is actually games on that can be flipped though.

Reactions: 123TripleDoge

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
No clue. I only have a rough knowledge of it from poking around last night. I'll around play with it to get some practical knowledge when there is actually games on that can be flipped though.
yes you need more answers for my barrage of questions! But ya the whole thing seems odd.... like if im gonna pay any money, i need every non national wild game to be there, but i can't believe just subbing to that for a hockey season gives me all that. Kinda annoying with the lack of news / details, i went to their site / read an article too and didn't tell me anything lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad