Minnesota Wild General Discussion XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Serious question: Is Fiala in the doghouse for some reason? Is he a dick behind the scenes or a nightmare for the coaching staff? The team seems to be actively screwing with him at every turn. He gets nobody for linemates, like 13 minutes TOI at even strength, and the team pushed him into a cheap one year arb deal when teams very rarely are the ones to initiate arbitration. He could easily be a point a game player if used like a true top six forward.

I can’t figure out why he has to fight uphill constantly when a guy like Kap can waltz in, get the prime opportunities, and sign a huge contract after 56 games of NHL experience. Fiala must be pissed.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Serious question: Is Fiala in the doghouse for some reason? Is he a dick behind the scenes or a nightmare for the coaching staff? The team seems to be actively screwing with him at every turn. He gets nobody for linemates, like 13 minutes TOI at even strength, and the team pushed him into a cheap one year arb deal when teams very rarely are the ones to initiate arbitration. He could easily be a point a game player if used like a true top six forward.

I can’t figure out why he has to fight uphill constantly when a guy like Kap can waltz in, get the prime opportunities, and sign a huge contract after 56 games of NHL experience. Fiala must be pissed.

Kaprizov turned mediocre lines into winning lines and fired up Zuccarello. Fiala is promising, but he hasn't been able to do the same yet.

If you compare the linemates, I would argue that Fiala was given a fair opportunity last season (compared to Kirill):

upload_2021-9-26_19-30-59.png

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

He’s not in the doghouse. We just don’t have a lot of top 6 talent in this roster. All if it is playing with Kaprizov.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Pooor Fiala...

And no Rossi or Boldy, that's interesting.

The plan has to be to have a competitive AHL squad for the prospects to build chemistry on. Rossi’s contract sliding another year gets us through all of the dead cap era with him on an ELC.

I have no f***ing clue how Duhaime/Rau fill in over Boldy though. I’m so tired of Fiala being mismanaged. Get Rask off his f***ing line.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
The plan has to be to have a competitive AHL squad for the prospects to build chemistry on. Rossi’s contract sliding another year gets us through all of the dead cap era with him on an ELC.

I have no f***ing clue how Duhaime/Rau fill in over Boldy though. I’m so tired of Fiala being mismanaged. Get Rask off his f***ing line.

There's just a separate practice group for prospects and AHLers, doesn't mean Boldy (or Rossi) can't make the cut.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.

He continues to ignore the coach’s order to get rid of his sideburns.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Take another look at Russo's lineup tweet..."largely what’s considered the NHL group".

That does not mean, on day 3? 4? of training camp, that they've already decided that's the lineup on opening night.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Take another look at Russo's lineup tweet..."largely what’s considered the NHL group".
You really needed Russo to tell you that the majority of the NHL roster is going to come out of that group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad