Minnesota Wild General Discussion XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's most likely BS, but Judd Zulgad mentioned that his sources tell him that Boldy is in the playoff lineup.
Smells like BS to me. If they were really planning on him helping in the playoffs, he'd be up trying to figure out lines as opposed to debuting against the Avs.

I have no doubt they plan on him being a black ace once Iowa is done, and not out of the question he's the guy they insert if there is an injury or two. But don't think he is plan A.

As much as I wish he was.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Boldy isn’t playing in the playoffs. If he was, he would have been up during the Anaheim series to get some confidence as they test out lines.

Just another in a line of mind blowing decisions by this front office this season. They have a team who has positioned themselves exceptionally well this season and they refuse to pursue options to further the team in a year where they have a chance to do some damage. All the while knowing they are likely to be worse next year and take a step back.

Of course Boldy will be up for the playoffs. Maybe he gets a game if there is a significant injury or as an insert as the series is about to be over and scrubs like Judd can act like they were right. But that’s not what being up for the playoffs really means.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Boldy isn’t playing in the playoffs. If he was, he would have been up during the Anaheim series to get some confidence as they test out lines.

Just another in a line of mind blowing decisions by this front office this season. They have a team who has positioned themselves exceptionally well this season and they refuse to pursue options to further the team in a year where they have a chance to do some damage. All the while knowing they are likely to be worse next year and take a step back.

Of course Boldy will be up for the playoffs. Maybe he gets a game if there is a significant injury or as an insert as the series is about to be over and scrubs like Judd can act like they were right. But that’s not what being up for the playoffs really means.
Can you imagine the buzz that would be going through this town if you were to replace 2 of Johansson, Bjugstad, Rask, Bonino with Trocheck and Jeff Carter?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Yes because of those mind blowing decisions, Minnesota doesn't have five picks in the first three rounds, isn't on pace for one of their best seasons or have a pretty good future in place if they don't rush it.

Reactions: Slotski

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Yes because of those mind blowing decisions, Minnesota doesn't have five picks in the first three rounds, isn't on pace for one of their best seasons or have a pretty good future in place if they don't rush it.
But it goes against arm chair GM’s decisions!

/facepalm

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Based on what?

Reactions: Slotski

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that Boldy will be a good player, but inserting him into a playoff lineup that has great chemistry when he has absolutely no NHL experience is probably not a good idea for him, or the team. I absolutely want him, and others, to be brought up to watch the team, and to practice on the side.

To expect a rookie to perform in a game with a team when he hasn't even practiced with them is being really optimistic. He looked very good down in Iowa, but it's not like he was dominating the ice.

Edit; I may well not know what I am talking about. Newhook was brought up by CO, and already has 2 points in 3 1/3 gp. He's a really good player, but I think Boldy is at his level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
What’s to test? When Boldy comes up he is across from Fiala without question or hesitation and Johansson comes out. Sure get him confidence but there is something in the thought of throwing him to the wolves in the playoffs, let him get that adrenaline high for his debut in the playoffs. Could catch lightning in a bottle.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
What’s to test? When Boldy comes up he is across from Fiala without question or hesitation and Johansson comes out. Sure get him confidence but there is something in the thought of throwing him to the wolves in the playoffs, let him get that adrenaline high for his debut in the playoffs. Could catch lightning in a bottle.
Or he feels lost and loses a lot of confidence.
We should just bring up all our prospects; Beckman, Addison, Jones, etc because there’s obviously no downside. None at all.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think that Boldy will be a good player, but inserting him into a playoff lineup that has great chemistry when he has absolutely no NHL experience is probably not a good idea for him, or the team. I absolutely want him, and others, to be brought up to watch the team, and to practice on the side.

To expect a rookie to perform in a game with a team when he hasn't even practiced with them is being really optimistic. He looked very good down in Iowa, but it's not like he was dominating the ice.

Edit; I may well not know what I am talking about. Newhook was brought up by CO, and already has 2 points in 3 1/3 gp. He's a really good player, but I think Boldy is at his level.

I realize it doesn't happen very often, but who doesn't remember Chris Kreider's rookie debut with the Rangers during the 2011-2012 playoff run? I don't think its all that crazy to think that Boldy could help the team...even if its a minor role.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I realize it doesn't happen very often, but who doesn't remember Chris Kreider's rookie debut with the Rangers during the 2011-2012 playoff run? I don't think its all that crazy to think that Boldy could help the team...even if its a minor role.

Makar was another one. Krug a few years back. Different positions, but I don't understand why fans don't even want to explore the option. The Wild do not have a lot of high-end skill despite their success. We've got Fiala playing with 4th liners essentially.

Didn't Guentzel do something similar as well?

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would move Johansson to the middle and put Boldy in his wing spot. I think it’s all about team dynamic right now, and that’s why he’s not bringing him up. That’s a defendable position, though. Not the route I would go, but I can see how plucking a player that’s been our 1C for the majority of the season for a 20 year old whose never played before could ruffle some feathers.

Reactions: Spurgeon

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Johansson will get first turn to keep himself in the lineup.

But if he doesn't perform, I see little reason to not swap in Boldy for him.

We have had a large sample size with Johansson, and it has been luke warm.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Or he feels lost and loses a lot of confidence.
We should just bring up all our prospects; Beckman, Addison, Jones, etc because there’s obviously no downside. None at all.
Right right I said there is zero possible downside. All of them are equal to Boldy in having a spot already set for him and performing well with a game that should transition quite well to the nhl.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Any chance Minny rests players for their final two? Or are ya'll fighting for home?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Any chance Minny rests players for their final two? Or are ya'll fighting for home?

The Wild are locked in at #3. Not yet decided if we play VGK or COL.

Looks like they are going to play all their guys tomorrow night. Could be they don't want anyone getting rusty after 3 days off. Wouldn't surprise me to see some guys get Thursday night off.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Meh, if going cold stat-wise in college for his first half season didn't affect his confidence, I don't think a playoff series or two would be a problem.

He'd just realize what he needs to work on, and would get to work.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Meh, if going cold stat-wise in college for his first half season didn't affect his confidence, I don't think a playoff series or two would be a problem.

He'd just realize what he needs to work on, and would get to work.
Cold start along with no invite to the USA team. That pretty much was his confidence test right there

Reactions: 57special and TaLoN

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
The Wild are locked in at #3. Not yet decided if we play VGK or COL.

Looks like they are going to play all their guys tomorrow night. Could be they don't want anyone getting rusty after 3 days off. Wouldn't surprise me to see some guys get Thursday night off.

Sounds like they could get 2 and may rest some players depending on how tomorrow goes (for both Minnesota and Colorado)...asking for fantasy purposes btw lol think I'll add Hoglander and his guaranteed two games instead

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Sounds like they could get 2 and may rest some players depending on how tomorrow goes (for both Minnesota and Colorado)...asking for fantasy purposes btw lol think I'll add Hoglander and his guaranteed two games instead

You're right. If the Wild win their final two and COL loses their final two, then the Wild will get the #2 seed.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Anyone worried about Boldy stepping into the Nhl hasnt watched with Boldy or Rask/Johansson/Bjugstad/Bonino

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone worried about Boldy stepping into the Nhl hasnt watched with Boldy or Rask/Johansson/Bjugstad/Bonino
Well, Bonino, Rask, and until recently Bjugstad play Center, so it's not an apples to apples comparison. We all know that we undermanned at C, but that's not where Boldy plays. If he comes up i'd like to see him play opposite Fiala, and on the #2PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->