Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Way too early lineup:

Kaprizov-Eriksson Ek-Zuccarello
Foligno-Hartman-Greenway
Boldy-Rossi-Fiala
Gaudreau-Sturm-Bjugstad

I sure hope that Hartman plays RW rather than C. Gaudreau and Sturm are natural C's. I can see Sturm Centering a 3rd line, Gaudreau the 4th, with Rask and Bjugstad being spare C's in case of injury.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boldy-Rossi-Fiala could work pretty well and be a good way to break them in. Boldy plays a complete game and Fiala has shown the ability to carry a line on his own, to limit the damage of any potential rookie inconsistencies. There is a lot of room to wiggle with the center spot too, Gaudreau, Hartman and Sturm would all be reasonable fits there IMO.

Yeah it could work, it just feels like a glass cannon. It could easily be our best offensive line one night, and then let in four goals the next night. I thought that the coaching staff would want to hedge a little more against that volatility.

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I think he's probably fine because he realizes it can't get much worse than Johansson, Hartman, Rask, Koivu and Parise anyway.

Yeah, Boldy alone should be a massive upgrade regardless of who the center is

Reactions: AKL

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Guerin quote, nothing crazy but for those who were concerned about the young guys getting opportunities:

“I’m confident, but I’m also realistic that there are going to be some challenges coming up,” Guerin said when asked how confident he is that he can build the Wild into a winner with such limited cap space in the upcoming seasons. “But you know what? Those are the decisions that we made. … I really do think that we’ll get through it. But we’re going to need to draft really well and develop guys and have a good influx of young players that we can afford. And they’re going to have to be impactful, and they’re going to get opportunities. So there’s ways.”

Reactions: fgobuzz

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Way too early lineup:

Kaprizov-Eriksson Ek-Zuccarello
Foligno-Hartman-Greenway
Boldy-Rossi-Fiala
Gaudreau-Sturm-Bjugstad

What this grouping says to me is:
- They are trying to find a line for Fiala. He has all the possible roster FWDs in his grouping.
- Kap/Zucc and Greenway/Foligno carry over as linemates from last year.
- The center positions/lines are all lightly written in pencil.
- None of the FWDs in group A and B have a chance at making the roster outside of the NHL staples from last year.
-The 4th line comes from group C.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I am NOT gunna lie, I am so stoked this year to see the youngins try to make this roster and if they do, how they do with the likes of being on a line with one of Fiala, KK, etc.

I'm not sure how you would do the PP, but f*ck....we have choices of KK, Fiala, Zucc, JEE who actually if I remember did well on the PP?, Boldy, Rossi, and whoever our PP defenseman will be (Spurg, Dumba, etc).

I really, really hope that both Rossi and Boldy stick, not just for the sake of watching them but in the particular circumstance that they actually can keep up and produce a bit as rookies.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
What this grouping says to me is:
- They are trying to find a line for Fiala. He has all the possible roster FWDs in his grouping.
- Kap/Zucc and Greenway/Foligno carry over as linemates from last year.
- The center positions/lines are all lightly written in pencil.
- None of the FWDs in group A and B have a chance at making the roster outside of the NHL staples from last year.
-The 4th line comes from group C.

What goes to centers, they can test all they want before the season, but everyone and their mom knows that when the season starts Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Foligno will play on the same line. It's the most competitive line Wild have had in a decade. PERIOD!!!

Rossi's play will obviously be watched with a microscope, since they need him to be a top 6 center. Guerin's first draft and two years of waiting has come to the point that they will give him every opportunity to rise up.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
What goes to centers, they can test all they want before the season, but everyone and their mom knows that when the season starts Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Foligno will play on the same line. It's the most competitive line Wild have had in a decade. PERIOD!!!

Rossi's play will obviously be watched with a microscope, since they need him to be a top 6 center. Guerin's first draft and two years of waiting has come to the point that they will give him every opportunity to rise up.
Ek got paid to be elevated, so no he won’t be on that line.

Reactions: MuckOG

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

There's a reason Ek is in Group A and not Group B.

Reactions: MuckOG

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Ek got paid to be elevated, so no he won’t be on that line.

No no friends... There is a reason he is in group A. It's to test different combinations and get rid of the constant 1c talk. Guerin just said in a podcast that he doesn't want to hear another question about Kaprizov or 1c again... When the season starts Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Foligno will be playing together, and they ride that horse until it's dead. At least now they can say they tried playing him with other players when the fans complain about the center situation.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
No no friends... There is a reason he is in group A. It's to test different combinations and get rid of the constant 1c talk. Guerin just said in a podcast that he doesn't want to hear another question about Kaprizov or 1c again... When the season starts Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Foligno will be playing together, and they ride that horse until it's dead. At least now they can say they tried playing him with other players when the fans complain about the center situation.

I disagree. I think Evason and Guerin want to give Ek every opportunity to play in a more offensive role. In the end, it may not work and he goes back to playing a regular shift between Foligno and Greenway...but I think they believe his offensive ceiling is a bit higher.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I disagree. I think Evason and Guerin want to give Ek every opportunity to play in a more offensive role. In the end, it may not work and he goes back to playing a regular shift between Foligno and Greenway...but I think they believe his offensive ceiling is a bit higher.

Not sure how much longer Greenway and Foligno will be around. Eventually Ek is going to have to play with someone else anyway. He's still going to be on this roster when no one else is.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala just can't catch a break.

33d.gif

If Boldy and Rossi both make the team, they won't be playing on the fourth line, they'll be getting good opportunities, per Guerin. This is a formality. Putting both of them with Fiala right away might make everyone think they're being given a spot in the lineup at the start.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
33d.gif

If Boldy and Rossi both make the team, they won't be playing on the fourth line, they'll be getting good opportunities, per Guerin. This is a formality. Putting both of them with Fiala right away might make everyone think they're being given a spot in the lineup at the start.
Yep, they've gotta play the politics a bit. "Oh these guys were so good in the first day of practice they forced us to put Fiala on their wing. Or something."

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Fiala is moaning..."how come Kirill got 9 million and I only got 5??"

Evason..."stop it, or I'll put you on the 4th line"

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
And that reason is- Bill Guerin is terrible at his job. With this roster, Eriksson Ek is going to have to be the 1st line center and the 3rd line matchup center. And even if he could pull that off, they would still be missing a 2nd line center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad