Minnesota Wild General Discussion XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
If it actually happens, it's got to be Fiala (cap space), Greenway (cap space next year), +?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If it actually happens, it's got to be Fiala (cap space), Greenway (cap space next year), +?
If you're trading current players to try and save future cap, Eriksson Ek would have to be at the top of the list in a Eichel trade

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Do we do the jersey retirement when the Islanders come to town next year or wait a bit longer to send 11 and 20 to the rafters?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
That's like saying Kaprizov reminds you of Andrew Brunette
Not at all - Clayton Stoner perhaps didn't have Soucy's skating or offensive upside, but he was a good old school defenseman who kept pucks out of the net. Good enough for the Ducks to sign him to a 4 year 13 million dollar deal.

Really, Soucy is to Stoner as Brunette is to Kaprizov?

I await Soucy's Norris.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Not at all - Clayton Stoner perhaps didn't have Soucy's skating or offensive upside, but he was a good old school defenseman who kept pucks out of the net. Good enough for the Ducks to sign him to a 4 year 13 million dollar deal.

Really, Soucy is to Stoner as Brunette is to Kaprizov?

I await Soucy's Norris.

Was Stoner good enough to sign a 4 year/13m deal? Because Ducks had to trade Shea Theodore to get rid of that contract, which suggests he may not have been worthy of it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Any shot O'Rourke makes the team out of camp? I haven't heard anything about him in awhile, but I know the scouting reports on here were pretty high on him last year during the draft. Anybody who watched Iowa, what do you think?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Any shot O'Rourke makes the team out of camp? I haven't heard anything about him in awhile, but I know the scouting reports on here were pretty high on him last year during the draft. Anybody who watched Iowa, what do you think?
believe this was already asked and the answer was he was ok in iowa, would be better to be down there again for a year to grow instead of thrust into the nhl.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Never say never, but no. He got better as the season went along, but he was never the type of player you'd expect to make that jump this season. Spending the whole year in Iowa this season would be great for him, and it might help him come 2022-23, but I would be absolutely floored if he made the NHL out of camp. He's got a ways to go before he can match the pace of the NHL.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Im just glad he can play in iowa this season versus having to back to the OHL.

Reactions: Slotski and TaLoN

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Never say never, but no. He got better as the season went along, but he was never the type of player you'd expect to make that jump this season. Spending the whole year in Iowa this season would be great for him, and it might help him come 2022-23, but I would be absolutely floored if he made the NHL out of camp. He's got a ways to go before he can match the pace of the NHL.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I'd hope that's more Guerin blowing smoke about guys needing to earn their spots. I don't know the status of the OHL season this year, but I don't see how being in Iowa would hinder his offensive development. I don't really see any reason he couldn't be playing on the middle pairing. They could probably even give him PP2 time. They're the only ones standing in their own way.

But if the OHL season is going to be played like normal, going back to Soo would be fine too. It just might mean an additional year before he gets to the NHL.

Reactions: TaLoN

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think he should go back to the OHL

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
what are the chances the cap goes up next offseason? I know I keep hearing about a freeze for 3-4 years, but at a certain point you gotta think both the players and teams want the cap to go up to give some relief? I know the big thing is escrow, but with the new TV deal and Seattle is there a chance that revenue rebounds hard?

I think the Wild need it to go up if we don't want to ship off players for years 2-4 of the dead cap. Is it confirmed anywhere the cap is locked for more years outside this one(2021-22)?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
what are the chances the cap goes up next offseason? I know I keep hearing about a freeze for 3-4 years, but at a certain point you gotta think both the players and teams want the cap to go up to give some relief? I know the big thing is escrow, but with the new TV deal and Seattle is there a chance that revenue rebounds hard?

I think the Wild need it to go up if we don't want to ship off players for years 2-4 of the dead cap. Is it confirmed anywhere the cap is locked for more years outside this one(2021-22)?
It might be equally likely that we see renewed restrictions on arena capacities going into next year. I really wouldn't count on it going up.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Hard to say. I guess it depends on how much added revenue they get from their new television deals. Not sure how much Seattle's expansion fees factor into it , either.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Hard to say. I guess it depends on how much added revenue they get from their new television deals. Not sure how much Seattle's expansion fees factor into it , either.
Well on the TV front, I believe the ESPN deal is 400 million a year vs the old NBC 200 Million a year. I saw somewhere that the league lost 2.5 billion for the year, but this article talks about teams losing 150-200 million in ticket sales. So TV deal should cover tickets if that was lost money for the year.

Game on: To stem financial losses, the NHL and other pro sports leagues prepare to resume play amid COVID-19 | CBC News

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

On Friedman's latest podcast he was saying that if it goes up at all, and that certainly isn't promised, it would be about 1 million per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad