Minnesota Wild General Discussion XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
How do people feel about Soucy being taken instead of Kahkonen? I'm glad. Soucy was solid, but I'm glad they took him instead of Kahkonen. I definitely see Kahkonen as the Franchise in the near future. I have high hopes for him.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
How do people feel about Soucy being taken instead of Kahkonen? I'm glad. Soucy was solid, but I'm glad they took him instead of Kahkonen. I definitely see Kahkonen as the Franchise in the near future. I have high hopes for him.

I feel the exact opposite. I am not high on Khakonnen like many and would have rather retained Soucy. I think the fact that they didn’t take Khakonnen vindicates what many across the league were saying about him being a career backup.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I feel the exact opposite. I am not high on Khakonnen like many and would have rather retained Soucy. I think the fact that they didn’t take Khakonnen vindicates what many across the league were saying about him being a career backup.
I don't have much of an opinion of KK, but I have a much higher opinion of Soucy than most. We will miss him and his very reasonable cap hit.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

dont really care, not going to throw a fit about losing a bottom pairing d or a backup goaltender either way. just glad we didnt trade a tuch.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Remains to be seen.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Soucy was a 4-year UMD guy though, who no one thought would be significant in the NHL. He kind of reminded me of Scandella.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I was under the impression these realigned divisions were just a covid thing and we would be back in the Central this upcoming season. Is that correct?

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

Bitter but expected. I'm not too high on Kahkonen, I think his ceiling is a 1B goalie. Soucy tops out as a #4 guy in the mold of Scandella.

But with that said, losing either creates a small gap where a youngish 24yr old player would be. Sucks to lose those type of players but will survive.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Bitter but expected. I'm not too high on Kahkonen, I think his ceiling is a 1B goalie. Soucy tops out as a #4 guy in the mold of Scandella.

But with that said, losing either creates a small gap where a youngish 24yr old player would be. Sucks to lose those type of players but will survive.

Soucy turns 27 next week

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Kahkonen may not ever be a 1A goalie, but think Soucy is easier to replace than a solid 1B goalie still on his ELC.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I am a fan of Soucy. With that said, I'd hate to give away a 24 year old goalie who I still think may end up being a starter, similar to a Kuemper or Khudobin career. Talbot is old and needs to replace...rather have that be an internal replacement. Think it is easier to find a 4-6 d man than it is a starting goaltender.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I am a fan of Soucy. With that said, I'd hate to give away a 24 year old goalie who I still think may end up being a starter, similar to a Kuemper or Khudobin career. Talbot is old and needs to replace...rather have that be an internal replacement. Think it is easier to find a 4-6 d man than it is a starting goaltender.
I think the organization sees Jones more in that role in the future based on past comments. I can't personally speak to whether that is good assessment of his talent though, or if perceptions changed at all after this season.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
soucy was a meaner / tougher version of scandella. we lose a bit of bigger on the blue line but probably gain a little more offense. (smaller replacement).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad