Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Wild need to stop f***ing around and get these going...

thompson_keaton200708-780x520.jpg

Id drop money on these so fast ..
:whaaa?:.... meh.... no thanks. Only thing I like about them is wheat instead of white. I'm all for that happening, but not in the manner shown above. They really need a wheat colored helmet to go with it though.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I think it says it all that the Wild's retro colors are the North Star colors, and Dallas' is.....?
My point exactly.
Unlike what Dallas fans would say the Stars have pretty much ignored the North Star history. Outside of the retired numbers the Stars don't hang any north star banners or even bring up their Minnesota past.

For instance in 2017 they celebrated their 25th season as a franchise. They also never did any 50th anniversary that other 1967 teams did. Also the Stars forfeited the N* logo to the NHL. They don't even have the rights to it anymore. Now I would bet the NHL would let the stars do a North Star throwback, but I don't think the ownership even cares to.

I think if the Wild would want to rebrand as the NS, the Stars wouldn't even put up a fight.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm thinking about buying a couple of these as Xmas presents for my 2 sons. They are both fully grown at about 5'9"-5'10" and weigh about 165-175. Does medium-sized sound right?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I'm thinking about buying a couple of these as Xmas presents for my 2 sons. They are both fully grown at about 5'9"-5'10" and weigh about 165-175. Does medium-sized sound right?
Trying to figure the sizing out as well but that sounds about right to me.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

I always go a size up on Jersey's so they fit comfortably with a hoody underneath, and they tend not to look weird a tad over-size.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Tell me how it fits, because I'm 6 feet, 175. :laugh:. I would assume that is fine. I have a medium adidas Wild sweater that works fine for me. personally I think hockey sweaters you should go a little bigger since it is nice to wear a hoodie underneath them.

I think i'm going to go to the hockey lodge and try one on because I think i'd like a large more because of the length. I just want to make sure if I get a large it isn't too big.

If they both wear medium shirts, they should be fine in a medium sweater imo.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm 5'11, 160 and my stadium series jersey from a few years ago is a small. I also have a Kachina jersey that's a 46 on the other sizing scale.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Obviously the person I quoted?

People call the Red Sox and White Sox the "Sox" and the whole world knows they are seperate.

The North Stars moving is one of the biggest shams in sports history.

I'm glad the old owners wanted to create some kind of legacy for THEMSELVES but it was the entire state of Minnesota that was ROBBED.

If the Wild became the North Stars and happened to field a good team at the same time this entire state would switch from. Viking/Twins dominated sports market to a hockey dominated professional (key word) sports market over night.

It makes so much financial sense, feelings sense, everything sense to do it.

I personally would go out and purchase thousands of dollars worth of merchandise on the day it was announced and I am not even the biggest or deep pocketed super fan on this board.

If you did a poll on the NHL forums of this board I would bet my entire home that between the Wild and the North Stars as far as the better name goes the North Star name would get at least twice as many votes.

And everyone can talk all day about the the Wild is some shout out to

"our states wonderful history of wild life, hunting, conservation, and the outdoors"

But most people see the name Wild and assume

"Wooo0o0o0o0 wild and crazy woooooooo so freaking zany and intense and its just so WILD and random and OUTRAGEOUS woooo"

Alright rant off.

My apologies.

Reactions: MuckOG

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
NHL, Adidas Unveil Reverse Retro Jerseys for All 31 Teams – SportsLogos.Net News - Unfold Times

MINNESOTA WILD

minnesota-wild-2020-21-reverse-retro-adidas-north-stars-jersey-nhl-uniforms-new-2021-adidas-green-gold-throwback-sportslogosnet.jpg

One other combo of eras, this time transcending franchises. The Minnesota Wild are tapping into their state’s NHL historical past by combining the emblem of their present staff with the uniform and hues of the previous Minnesota North Stars. Right here, the Wild are utilizing the jersey template worn in 1978 by the North Stars with the inexperienced shoulders and massive sleeve striping.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
People call the Red Sox and White Sox the "Sox" and the whole world knows they are seperate.

The North Stars moving is one of the biggest shams in sports history.

I'm glad the old owners wanted to create some kind of legacy for THEMSELVES but it was the entire state of Minnesota that was ROBBED.

If the Wild became the North Stars and happened to field a good team at the same time this entire state would switch from. Viking/Twins dominated sports market to a hockey dominated professional (key word) sports market over night.

It makes so much financial sense, feelings sense, everything sense to do it.

I personally would go out and purchase thousands of dollars worth of merchandise on the day it was announced and I am not even the biggest or deep pocketed super fan on this board.

If you did a poll on the NHL forums of this board I would bet my entire home that between the Wild and the North Stars as far as the better name goes the North Star name would get at least twice as many votes.

I pretty much agree with this. And speaking anecdotally, I have a few friends that grew up rabid North Stars fans, but are only casual hockey fans today...and the main reason they give for not following the NHL as much today as they did then is they hate the Wild's name, logo and color scheme. Essentially, they never got over the North Stars leaving for Dallas. This may seem superficial to the more rabid hockey fans on this board, but I think a rebranding to the North Stars logo and color scheme would add to the franchises fan base....by how much, I couldn't say.

Reactions: se7en

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
I pretty much agree with this. And speaking anecdotally, I have a few friends that grew up rabid North Stars fans, but are only casual hockey fans today...and the main reason they give for not following the NHL as much today as they did then is they hate the Wild's name, logo and color scheme. Essentially, they never got over the North Stars leaving for Dallas. This may seem superficial to the more rabid hockey fans on this board, but I think a rebranding to the North Stars logo and color scheme would add to the franchises fan base....by how much, I couldn't say.

I am so behind this post that I can taste it's butt in my mouth.

You would get so many people who are potential fans in state and casual no main team fans out of state that would pay more attention.

There are two things this team can do tomorrow to grow the franchise forever.

1. Win a Stanley Cup

2. Change the teams name and rebrand the franchise

You cannot do number 2 if you achieve number 1 first. So we need to make this happen.

The question is how do we get the idea seen by the owner.

And the fact that we already use the colors, the name, and imagery any time we can and it's a hit every time should make this a no-brainer.

Reactions: se7en

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Unlike what Dallas fans would say the Stars have pretty much ignored the North Star history. Outside of the retired numbers the Stars don't hang any north star banners or even bring up their Minnesota past.

For instance in 2017 they celebrated their 25th season as a franchise. They also never did any 50th anniversary that other 1967 teams did. Also the Stars forfeited the N* logo to the NHL. They don't even have the rights to it anymore. Now I would bet the NHL would let the stars do a North Star throwback, but I don't think the ownership even cares to.

I think if the Wild would want to rebrand as the NS, the Stars wouldn't even put up a fight.

I think these jerseys are awesome. I hope at least the Wild go these colors going forward. Would love it if they could rebrand as the NS again. I know Lou Nanne was a big advocate for it. I remember during the move, they had said Dallas was going to be the Lone Stars. I think that's even better than Stars. Wish the NS had just stayed in Minny.

Reactions: TaLoN

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
It's a shame these sound like they will be a 1 season thing. I wonder if the NHL plans on keeping 4 sweaters in the future with a new theme each year or going back to Home/Away/Alts?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Oh good...with these jerseys we get to have this stupid debate again.
I'm sorry but the stars are gone. Its been more than 20 years. Let it go.

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI

Im 100% with this group. I know its superficial but I absolutely hate the Wild name & I hate the red & green together too. The logo is clever but means nothing to me.. I love Minnesota hockey but I refuse to wear anything "Wild". I truly find it embarrassing. Its late 90s expansion team cheesy..

I want a name, colors & jersey to be proud of. We had that with the North Stars, we don't now.

I'll even go as far to say that it doesn't even have to be North Stars! Id be happy with the return of the Fighting Saints or even the Millers! I just can't stand being the "Wild". Its been 20 years & I still cringe when I hear it. One of the worst names in the history of sports.

All just my humble opinion of course but thats why I agree 100%. I hate being the Wild...

Last edited:

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I'd prefer we be the Minnesota Mud Rabbits and have our colors be Skid Brown, Disrupted Ground Brown, and Fur Grey

brainfreeze

Jul 12, 2012
Bemidji
Love the colors. Like the jersey a lot, except for the logo on the front. I wish they would have gone a different direction there. Of course I've never been a huge of that logo.

I'll definitely buy some merchandise with those colors and logo though. Would they make hats with the scheme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad