Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

We know the retros will be North Stars so it has to be the '78 North Stars right?

upload_2020-11-10_11-23-19.png

21847.jpg

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

We know the retros will be North Stars so it has to be the '78 North Stars right?

View attachment 375936

21847.jpg

I think so. 0:05 had me wondering about it when I just saw the colors, but if the numbers on the back are referring to the year the jersey was worn, that one should be the '82 Devils.

At 0:15 is the one that I think would have to be for the Dallas Stars. Thing is, it's missing the black that was prominent in their jerseys at that time.

*shrug* Guess we'll see!

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Brings back some MN hockey history AND upsets Stars fans.

I'm here for it.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I think I'd prefer a home jersey if they're doing North Stars colors, not a white one.
Same here, however my original theory which has been debunked now was every team was going to have 4 sweaters and two were going to be home and two were going to be away.

Wild as example:

Home: Green
Away: White
Alt: Home/Winter classics
Retros: Away/North Stars.

This would follow suite for all the teams, however it looks like teams are doing some retros in home styles.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Twitter definitely had a moment. So many stars fan "YoU HaVe NoTHiNg To dO WiTH ThE NoRTh sTaRs!"

giphy.gif

Stars fans with that attitude bother me. It'd be like the Washington Nationals honoring the memory of the memory of the Washington Senators by wearing their old jersey, and Twins fans getting bent out of shape about it. The Nationals fans have a lot more ties to the Senators than the Twins fans do, and the Wild fans have a lot more ties to the North Stars than the Dallas Stars fans do. I mean, I'm betting I went to more North Stars games than all of the Stars fans that complain about that, combined. I guess those fans aren't happy with taking our team, they have to take the history, too? Greedy little so and so's.

Reactions: HotDish

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Stars fans with that attitude bother me. It'd be like the Washington Nationals honoring the memory of the memory of the Washington Senators by wearing their old jersey, and Twins fans getting bent out of shape about it. The Nationals fans have a lot more ties to the Senators than the Twins fans do, and the Wild fans have a lot more ties to the North Stars than the Dallas Stars fans do. I mean, I'm betting I went to more North Stars games than all of the Stars fans that complain about that, combined. I guess those fans aren't happy with taking our team, they have to take the history, too? Greedy little so and so's.
Doesn't matter, the Stars don't officially own the North Stars history, they had to forfeit that to the league. Neither Minnesota or Dallas can use the Logo of their own volition.

As a result, the Dallas franchise has made little to no effort to bring the North Stars history to Dallas, instead utilizing their Dallas history and other Texas hockey related history instead.

All their anniversary events are based on when they moved to Dallas. They didn't have a 50yr celebration when 2017 arrived. They did have a 20yr celebration in 2013 celebrating their arrival in Dallas.

Let them cry about it if they want... they never watched the North Stars play, so it's empty.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Doesn't matter, the Stars don't officially own the North Stars history, they had to forfeit that to the league. Neither Minnesota or Dallas can use the Logo of their own volition.

As a result, the Dallas franchise has made little to no effort to bring the North Stars history to Dallas, instead utilizing their Dallas history and other Texas hockey related history instead.

All their anniversary events are based on when they moved to Dallas. They didn't have a 50yr celebration when 2017 arrived. They did have a 20yr celebration in 2013 celebrating their arrival in Dallas.

Let them cry about it if they want... they never watched the North Stars play, so it's empty.
I mean, I agree, it's just bothersome how greedy some people can act. I successfully ignore it most of the time, but sometimes...

I guess at times like these, I should just take HotDish's approach and taste the salt in their tears.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i do miss the north stars aka good ole days the best game i every went to at the met was pre season vs hawks . man it was straight outta slapshot during the pre game warm ups with no refs on ice all h3ll broke loose and everybody was duking it out until the refs came out and broke it up. they had to delay the start for maybe 15 min to scrape the blood off the ice. good times! richard zemlak was involved but i can't remember exact year. 87 or 88?

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
I personally have 0 interest in the opinions of a fan base of people who

1. Never watched the North Star's play

2. Never played hockey

3. Can't skate

4. Never see ice or snow unless they travel

5. Are a bunch of yeehaw yippie kiyays

6. More interested in honky tonk badonkadonk, don't step on snek, saving a horse while riding a cowboy, "muh rights", and that "twang" than watching a college or high school hockey match.

In short. **** the Stars.

In fact. I'm still ALL in for the Wild forcibly taking back the North Star name and colors and telling the NHL to do something about it.

Image posting fail
div>

4m3b9p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drewcifer

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
In fact. I'm still ALL in for the Wild forcibly taking back the North Star name and colors and telling the NHL to do something about it.

Image posting fail
div>

4m3b9p

I don't know about the name and logo, but there is absolutely nothing stopping the Wild from using the North Stars colors.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Hockey August is the worst.... It's even more terrible when it happens in November....

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
I don't know about the name and logo, but there is absolutely nothing stopping the Wild from using the North Stars colors.

I want the name.

Way better than Wild. It was probably one of the better name's in the league.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I want the name.

Way better than Wild. It was probably one of the better name's in the league.
If you ignore all the relocations Minnesota would've had the most on brand sports teams.

NHL: North Stars and ode to our state motto
NFL: Vikings for all the Scandinavian heritage
NBA: Lakers for the 10,000 lakes.
MLB: Twins in honor of the Twin cities
MLS: Loons for the state bird.

Reactions: guitarhunterdude

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
If you ignore all the relocations Minnesota would've had the most on brand sports teams.

NHL: North Stars and ode to our state motto
NFL: Vikings for all the Scandinavian heritage
NBA: Lakers for the 10,000 lakes.
MLB: Twins in honor of the Twin cities
MLS: Loons for the state bird.

And at least one more championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad