Minnesota Wild General Discussion XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags4

Dec 26, 2016
Minnesota
Im 100% with this group. I know its superficial but I absolutely hate the Wild name & I hate the red & green together too. The logo is clever but means nothing to me.. I love Minnesota hockey but I refuse to wear anything "Wild". I truly find it embarrassing. Its late 90s expansion team cheesy..

I want a name, colors & jersey to be proud of. We had that with the North Stars, we don't now.

I'll even go as far to say that it doesn't even have to be North Stars! Id be happy with the return of the Fighting Saints or even the Millers! I just can't stand being the "Wild". Its been 20 years & I still cringe when I hear it. One of the worst names in the history of sports.

All just my humble opinion of course but thats why I agree 100%. I hate being the Wild...
Agree 100%, I'm a young person who has grown up around the Wild for my entire life, and even I still feel a disconnect with the franchise because the name "Wild" doesn't resonate at all with me, I didn't even know what the logo was until I reached my teens. When I think of Minnesota hockey, I think of Maroon and Gold and Green and Gold. The North Stars scar runs deep in the fanbase, and I don't think we will ever get truly "over it" until the Wild do something meaningful or we rebrand.

Reactions: se7en

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
I know Russo mentioned it but has anyone seen pics of the breezers, socks & gloves to complete the uni? I think Russo said there'll be stars on the breezers, im excited to see the full set.

I just saw Dallas' they are almost a full white out...
Screenshot_20201116-125600_Twitter.jpg

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
You guys have the best jersey by far. If I was a minnesota fan I'd buy one in a heart beat, but I'm not. I love those old north stars colours.

Reactions: GuerinUp and TaLoN

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I always liked the Wild logo but I agree the name Wild never fit well with me. By far the worst out of the Minnesota teams.

I always thought muskies would've been a great name for a hockey team in Minnesota. I also like Moose but they moved to Manitoba.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
I'm thinking about buying a couple of these as Xmas presents for my 2 sons. They are both fully grown at about 5'9"-5'10" and weigh about 165-175. Does medium-sized sound right?
I am 6' 1" 185 and was thinking a large for me so you are probably correct

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Galchenyuk looks rough in that part at the beginning(2:00). Hope it isn’t what I think it is lol

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

some more information about the reverse retros and a little about being the 20th year. Shame we probably won’t have fans since it sounded like they wanted to do some call backs this season. Whatever that would mean.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Suter, probably. No way it can be Parise after his requested near trade to NYI, and his deteriorating play.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
There is nothing I don't like about Spurgeon, but I don't see him getting a "C" over Suter.

I think that they are better off having a revolving captaincy. Give it to Suter for a while, then Spurge, then Parise, then Foligno. Please God, not Zuccarello, or we'll never hear the end of it.

Reactions: a79krgm

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
There is nothing I don't like about Spurgeon, but I don't see him getting a "C" over Suter.

I think that they are better off having a revolving captaincy. Give it to Suter for a while, then Spurge, then Parise, then Foligno. Please God, not Zuccarello, or we'll never hear the end of it.
The "revolving captaincy" might be the dumbest thing the Wild have ever done.

Reactions: HotDish

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
The "revolving captaincy" might be the dumbest thing the Wild have ever done.

Do you mean it was one of the best ideas the Wild every had? … Great idea by Jacques. (who was, btw, the best coach the Wild ever had). JL got the best out of his players. Giving the "C" out would inspire a player to play better and think of the team first. It could also bring a player out of a slump.

As usual, I bet there's going to be a lot of opposition to my opinion here. Ok, Let's hear them :)

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Do you mean it was one of the best ideas the Wild every had? … Great idea by Jacques. (who was, btw, the best coach the Wild ever had). JL got the best out of his players. Giving the "C" out would inspire a player to play better and think of the team first. It could also bring a player out of a slump.

As usual, I bet there's going to be a lot of opposition to my opinion here. Ok, Let's hear them :)

I mean theres only 2 great coaches weve had, lemaire and boudreau, and a conversation could be had for either as to why they are better than the other.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I'm actually in the camp that thinks that the rotating captaincy is not any worse of an idea than a permanent captaincy. A captain is only really important if they become an extension of the coaching staff, but at the player level. Anything less than that and captaincy only really matters to the person currently wearing it. Actually, if you don't have anyone that will/can act as an extension of the coaching staff, then rotating is probably the way to go, as it can be used as a motivational tool.

So either you use it as a motivational tool, or you give it to a motivational tool.

Reactions: a79krgm

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
To me, you don't make a guy a captain unless he is a no brainer, and he is a guy who won't wilt under the pressure. He has to welcome it. SUter qualifies, though I have a whiff of entitlement from him( and Parise). My worries about Suter is that he might not have the team behind him( truly don't know), and that he will start to decline sooner rather than later, making him a fading captain before he has hardly started.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

I see a meltdown on this board, if that happens :laugh:

Normally the players will choose their captain, but of course the GM has the final say.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
To me, you don't make a guy a captain unless he is a no brainer, and he is a guy who won't wilt under the pressure. He has to welcome it. SUter qualifies, though I have a whiff of entitlement from him( and Parise). My worries about Suter is that he might not have the team behind him( truly don't know), and that he will start to decline sooner rather than later, making him a fading captain before he has hardly started.

i feel like he has too passive of a personality, isnt really a fire starter. Granted this opinion is only based on what ive been told by someone i know who was the nanny for his children at one point and what ive seen on television interviews.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sometimes you just need someone steady. Fiala, Parise, and Dumba provide the fire. Beliveau and Crosby are two of the best captains I've ever seen, and they are/were pretty calm, composed guys.
The main thing is that the team listens to, and respects them. Koivu had that quality.

All kidding aside, I hope Zucc has a rebound year. If he had more equity with the team he might be a candidate, but he doesn't so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
i feel like he has too passive of a personality, isnt really a fire starter. Granted this opinion is only based on what ive been told by someone i know who was the nanny for his children at one point and what ive seen on television interviews.

You're right about Suter, and it's the same with Spurgeon. You need a guy who's in people's face on the ice, talks to the refs, vocal on the bench, popular in the locker room.

But I do think the captaincy goes to one of the NMC guys, not smart to put the C on a guy who may get picked by the Kraken...

Reactions: GuerinUp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->