Minnesota Wild General Discussion XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I would hope for one of the younger guys as well. Kunin has the cut of a captain. Both those guys will fight as well, which I think is an important quality for a C (not that I like fighting, mind you).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Here’s to hoping Evason didn’t learn too much from Boudreau.

Give me this lineup going forward:

Galchenyuk/Donato-Eriksson Ek-Fiala
Donato/Galchenyuk-Staal-Kunin
Parise-Rask-Zuccarello
Foligno-Koivu-Hartman
Greenway

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

Parise-Rask-Zuccarello
Foligno-Koivu-Hartman
Greenway
I haven't been able to watch Galchenyuk, is he worthy of playing with Fiala? I see Donato as a good fit with him just have no idea how Galchenyuk really plays... again f you dish!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I thought Galchenkuk looked slightly better last night than he did the first game (understandably)....but only slightly. He was still pretty much invisible.

Reactions: Bazeek

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I haven't been able to watch Galchenyuk, is he worthy of playing with Fiala? I see Donato as a good fit with him just have no idea how Galchenyuk really plays... again f you dish!

I don’t think he’s really impressed these first two games, but he’s been playing with Zuccarello and Kunin so it’s not like he’s been in the best position.

In theory he’s one of the most skilled guys on the roster. Whether he can demonstrate that here or not, who knows.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Parise-Rask-Zuccarello
Foligno-Koivu-Hartman
Greenway
I'm good with it except for scratching Greenway over a guy with no future here.

Reactions: fgobuzz

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm good with it except for scratching Greenway over a guy with no future here.

I don’t think Greenway has that much of a future here either, so that’s why I have it that way.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I don’t think he’s really impressed these first two games, but he’s been playing with Zuccarello and Kunin so it’s not like he’s been in the best position.

In theory he’s one of the most skilled guys on the roster. Whether he can demonstrate that here or not, who knows.
I recall reading he is a top 6 only forward so it makes sense to put him there and see what happens. the speed of Ek and Fiala should make up for his lack of speed in theory.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I recall reading he is a top 6 only forward so it makes sense to put him there and see what happens. the speed of Ek and Fiala should make up for his lack of speed in theory.

I think if you can tap into that skill he has by putting him with Fiala, you can offer him a prove it contract in the offseason and just move Donato and Greenway this summer.

Galchenyuk doesn’t have to be a short term cap dump. If he excels here in a scoring role, you can still make room for Kaprizov by moving Parise and/or Zuccarello to the third line.

As far as I’m concerned, the only guy on the roster who should be virtually guaranteed top six time is Fiala.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think if you can tap into that skill he has by putting him with Fiala, you can offer him a prove it contract in the offseason and just move Donato and Greenway this summer.

Galchenyuk doesn’t have to be a short term cap dump. If he excels here in a scoring role, you can still make room for Kaprizov by moving Parise and/or Zuccarello to the third line.

As far as I’m concerned, the only guy on the roster who should be virtually guaranteed top six time is Fiala.
Agreed and id add Ek to that list unless we find a C worthy of top 6 mins over him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Even if the plan is to eventually trade him, scratching him in favor of a guy that's going to walk seems like a bad idea.

The thought behind it:

Galchenyuk is more skilled and has a higher pedigree (in theory) than most guys on the roster. This should be as much of a tryout for Galchenyuk as anyone else on the roster.

Rotate Greenway in throughout the bottom six if you want to, but he’s done nothing so far to show me that he can be a top six offensive player. His “skill”set consists of size which he too rarely uses.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The thought behind it:

Galchenyuk is more skilled and has a higher pedigree (in theory) than most guys on the roster. This should be as much of a tryout for Galchenyuk as anyone else on the roster.

Rotate Greenway in throughout the bottom six if you want to, but he’s done nothing so far to show me that he can be a top six offensive player. His “skill”set consists of size which he too rarely uses.
Greenway's got as many goals and two fewer assists than Joel Eriksson-2C with about the same ice time (EV and PP).

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
The only way Galchenyuk is going to do anything positive is in a scoring role and with PP time. He is miscast if he is in the bottom 6. I would try him at Center instead of Kunin. Also his skating isn't slow he just has a very bizarre skating style.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Greenway's got as many goals and two fewer assists than Joel Eriksson-2C with about the same ice time (EV and PP).

Yeah and he doesn’t pass the eye test as someone that can play up the lineup, especially when you start looking at competition like Fiala, Kaprizov, possibly Boldy, Firstov in the future.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah and he doesn’t pass the eye test as someone that can play up the lineup, especially when you start looking at competition like Fiala. Kaprizov, possibly Boldy, Firstov in the future.
Fully disagree on the eyetest thing, but I get that opinions are kind of all over the place on that one. He's been frustrating this year.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I care so little about anything other than finding a center that I would play every person in the organization under 30, including the kid that skates out to center ice with flag, as a top-6 center until we find somebody for the future.

What the hell else are we doing, really?

Just rearranging the deck chairs.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
He shouldn't be though.
I won’t argue but I’d be surprised if it’s someone else. Especially given the uncertainty of other players. Dumba could be traded, Kunin could be lost in the expansion draft, none of the NMC guys stand out to me

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I won’t argue but I’d be surprised if it’s someone else. Especially given the uncertainty of other players. Dumba could be traded, Kunin could be lost in the expansion draft, none of the NMC guys stand out to me
I would keep the C away from all the NMC guys. A? Sure... C? No way.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I would keep the C away from all the NMC guys. A? Sure... C? No way.
I think I agree with you? Honestly Spurgeon is the only one I’d consider but he’s probably not vocal enough and I’m biased cause he’s been a favorite of mine for years.

All in all it’s not too big of a deal and I’d be fine with no C for a few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad