Minnesota Wild General Discussion XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
anybody have any info on Zucker? he hasn't been himself lately and he should never drop the gloves again.
I don't think there's really any info other than him not being great. One could speculate that the trade talk is wearing on him, but at this point that's gotta almost be old hat for him. He's played through worse.

I also missed a lot of the game last night though, so I'm not sure what actually got him demoted. I didn't see anything all that egregious.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't think there's really any info other than him not being great. One could speculate that the trade talk is wearing on him, but at this point that's gotta almost be old hat for him. He's played through worse.

I also missed a lot of the game last night though, so I'm not sure what actually got him demoted. I didn't see anything all that egregious.

He wasn't demoted mid-game. It was from the start. I definitely didn't see anything in the Chicago game that would've done it. I wonder if it's just line balancing stuff.

Since he came back from injury, he's had 2 goals, 5 points in 9 games. Not bad, though 3 came in the 7-0 game against Dallas.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
He wasn't demoted mid-game. It was from the start. I definitely didn't see anything in the Chicago game that would've done it. I wonder if it's just line balancing stuff.

Since he came back from injury, he's had 2 goals, 5 points in 9 games. Not bad, though 3 came in the 7-0 game against Dallas.
Which is more or less what Boudreau has said, though that's the sort of thing a coach will lie about.

I agree that he's been fine since coming back, though. Not great since the break, but not bad.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Which is more or less what Boudreau has said, though that's the sort of thing a coach will lie about.

I agree that he's been fine since coming back, though. Not great since the break, but not bad.

I wonder if he just wants the option to throw Koivu out in defensive situations and doesn't like Donato being apart of that. Trusts Zucker a little more. Then just let Donato and Fiala go play offense, which looked pretty darn good last night.

Reactions: Bazeek

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I wonder if he just wants the option to throw Koivu out in defensive situations and doesn't like Donato being apart of that. Trusts Zucker a little more. Then just let Donato and Fiala go play offense, which looked pretty darn good last night.
I guess it's just weird because it seems so contrary to what I'd expect an actual coach to do. "Demoting" Zucker to create a Donato - Kunin - Fiala line sounds like something we'd come up with on here. I'm not complaining, though.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Can we please hire Ilya "Solar System Is Humongous Big" Bryzgalov somewhere in the Front Office?

I need the Bryz again. I need to know more about bears and the solar system as well as positive thinking.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Can we please hire Ilya "Solar System Is Humongous Big" Bryzgalov somewhere in the Front Office?

I need the Bryz again. I need to know more about bears and the solar system as well as positive thinking.
Make him Director of Game Ops and see how crazy he goes with it. Planetarium laser shows, husky-mounted t-shirt cannons...

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Make him Director of Game Ops and see how crazy he goes with it. Planetarium laser shows, husky-mounted t-shirt cannons...
That's just the tip of the ice berg. I think there may be actual husky dog sled races during intermissions and probably EDM shows where he is the DJ, with fun facts of the universe on the jumbotron.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
So, uh...

I am

thnkin'

of...maybe I shouldn't say i-

Playoffs?

But for real, we have some tough games this month. Jackets x2, Aves, Knights, Blues

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
ES points

Staal................28
Lizard...............24
Kunin................24
Fiala...................24
Suter..................22
JEE.....................22
Foligno................21
Parise..................19
JoBro...................18(leads team in SHP, natch)
Greenway.............18
Donato..................15
Spurge...................14
Hartmn..................13
Dumba...................11
Rask.......................11
Hunt......................8
Koivu.....................6

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Im probably the minority on this, but I don't this team is as far away from contending as most. With better goaltending this season I think they would be in a playoff spot.

I think Khovanov has the potential to be a center who could slot in as early as next season.

Also I know Dr Jan has brought it up, but I think bringing in a goalie like Murray could be a huge thing for this team. Obviously depending on his contract. But he is an RFA so they can get him signed without trade protection. It would give plenty of goalie options in the expansion draft, including Murray if they thought Kahk was ready.

Also could see how GMBG having a relationship with him making this even more possible to bring over.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Im probably the minority on this, but I don't this team is as far away from contending as most. With better goaltending this season I think they would be in a playoff spot.

I think Khovanov has the potential to be a center who could slot in as early as next season.

Also I know Dr Jan has brought it up, but I think bringing in a goalie like Murray could be a huge thing for this team. Obviously depending on his contract. But he is an RFA so they can get him signed without trade protection. It would give plenty of goalie options in the expansion draft, including Murray if they thought Kahk was ready.

Also could see how GMBG having a relationship with him making this even more possible to bring over.

I've kind of come off of this.

This summer's UFA goalie list includes: Lehner, Markstrom, Greiss, Halak, Talbot, Khudobin, Francouz, Crawford and Holtby

All could be viable options in one form or another for no assets given up, and then let the homegrown guy that has checked all the boxes so far take over and try and run with it.

Or just ignore the free agent class and hand it to Kahkonen. It's not like he's a 20 year old our the CHL with only 1 year in the AHL. He'll be 24 with 3 years of pro hockey in Finland and 2 years here.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra

This summer's UFA goalie list includes: Lehner, Markstrom, Greiss, Halak, Talbot, Khudobin, Francouz, Crawford and Holtby

All could be viable options in one form or another for no assets given up, and then let the homegrown guy that has checked all the boxes so far take over and try and run with it.

Or just ignore the free agent class and hand it to Kahkonen. It's not like he's a 20 year old our the CHL with only 1 year in the AHL. He'll be 24 with 3 years of pro hockey in Finland and 2 years here.
I like the idea of going with the Kid next year. I don't know the financial hit the team would take with the current dynamic duo though, assuming they make it through the ex draft.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
I like the idea of going with the Kid next year. I don't know the financial hit the team would take with the current dynamic duo though, assuming they make it through the ex draft.
Never mind on the ex draft part. Got ahead of myself. Old age is hell.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
In the top 20 scoring, 9 players are under 25, 7 are under 30, and 4 are over 30(two are 31). Let's stop giving big contracts to players in their 30's, or who are about to enter their 30's please.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory

It definitely comes down to if they think Kahk can be that guy. I think he could be. But I also know that a guy like Murray, or the others you mentioned should be able to put up some gaudy numbers behind our defense.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kahkonen has done more than enough to earn a fair shot in the net next year. If you're serious about fixing the goaltending issues next season, and not waiting til Dubnyk's contract expires, give it to Kahkonen. Don't give money and term to some UFA who is likely past his prime.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
From Russo's Fiala story:
From afar, Fenton, who Monday was hired as a part-time scout for the Columbus Blue Jackets for the remainder of the season, has got to be proud of the player he selected 11th overall in 2014 while he still ran the draft for the Nashville Predators.

I wonder if we'll ever hear from him. I seriously doubt it.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Russo in the same article in a comment mentioned there has been internal talk about calling up KK after the trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad