Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
giphy.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Thursday night when the Wild host the Vancouver Canucks, he will play in his 999th NHL game.

Friday night in the second of a back-to-back in Dallas, provided all goes right against the Canucks, Zach Parise will become the eighth Minnesota-born player to play his 1,000th game and 347th NHLer in history.

“How does that happen?” Parise said, laughing. “With all the home games we’ve just had and all the home games coming up, my 1,000th will be on the road.”
“But when I knew there must be really something special about Zach is when he made the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated,” Donna said, laughing, as Zach, now holding Theo, blushed by the stove.

Wait, what?

“Yeah, I saw that issue on your wall and thought, ‘That’s weird,’” Alisha told her mother-in-law.

“I wasn’t in a swimsuit!” Parise yelled. “I was just in the same issue.”

Parise was still a teenager and was in the midst of a 77-goal, 178-point season at Shattuck when he received a call from a Sports Illustrated reporter that wanted to include him in the magazine’s “Faces in the Crowd” feature.

“That’s when I knew he made it,” Donna said, laughing.
:laugh:

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
You can't just force personal reasons on a guy. Isn't his wife doing well now?

We don't know how his wife is currently, and we shouldn't speculate either. Just saying we let him go on the IR for personal reasons...

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We don't know how his wife is currently, and we shouldn't speculate either. Just saying we let him go on the IR for personal reasons...

He can’t go on IR for personal reasons

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why did we recall Bartkowski?

EDIT: Oh Soucy is sick

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
IR is for injuries. Hence Injury Reserve. Never mind the fact that he was happy to rejoin the team after his leave of absence.

If he wanted leave for personal reasons, he'd ask for it, you don't ask him to do it... it's not personal reasons if you do.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
IR is for injuries. Hence Injury Reserve. Never mind the fact that he was happy to rejoin the team after his leave of absence.

If he wanted leave for personal reasons, he'd ask for it, you don't ask him to do it... it's not personal reasons if you do.

Eh, if we are tanking the season - might be best if he stayed at home for both the team and for him. He has two more years on his contract.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Eh, if we are tanking the season - might be best if he stayed at home for both the team and for him. He has two more years on his contract.

Sure, but that’s not how reality works, and you still can’t put a guy on IR for “personal reasons”

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's a pretty simple solution.

A Dubnyk buyout saves us $1.6M on the cap for 2020-21 and only adds $800k in dead money to the 2021-22 season. Easy out.

Kahkonen is due a new contract, but with only 5 NHL games, it probably won't even clear a million. He's your NHL starter next season at this point.

Stalock sticks around as the backup because we'll need him to follow the goalie rules in the expansion draft while protecting Kahkonen. Unless a good veteran comes available in free agency at an amount that makes sense, then Stalock can go backup Robson in Iowa.

Reactions: Olcoach

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would think that teams would rather have a retained(and expiring)Dubnyk than a retained Rask.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's a pretty simple solution.

A Dubnyk buyout saves us $1.6M on the cap for 2020-21 and only adds $800k in dead money to the 2021-22 season. Easy out.

Kahkonen is due a new contract, but with only 5 NHL games, it probably won't even clear a million. He's your NHL starter next season at this point.

Stalock sticks around as the backup because we'll need him to follow the goalie rules in the expansion draft while protecting Kahkonen. Unless a good veteran comes available in free agency at an amount that makes sense, then Stalock can go backup Robson in Iowa.

That actually seems like a pretty good idea; buyout Dubs in the summer (cap hit would be a 2.66 million initially in dead money), but that drops down to .83 next season.

Rask's buyout is terrible. We'd have a 1.3 million cap hit until 2024.

BTW; could a team have Dubnyk just take a leave of absence (cap hit and all) for the rest of the season and have Kahkonen up and play? Like what is the limitation on a leave of absence?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That actually seems like a pretty good idea; buyout Dubs in the summer (cap hit would be a 2.66 million initially in dead money), but that drops down to .83 next season.

Rask's buyout is terrible. We'd have a 1.3 million cap hit until 2024.

BTW; could a team have Dubnyk just take a leave of absence (cap hit and all) for the rest of the season and have Kahkonen up and play? Like what is the limitation on a leave of absence?

You can’t make his cap hit go away just because you don’t want it. He can take a leave of absence if he has a reason the organization feels is valid, but his cap hit is still there. You can only make the cap go away via LTIR, buyout, or trading. And you can’t LTIR him because you don’t want his contract.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There’s also no reason to rush to get his contract off the books. If your plan is to make Kahkonen the full time starter next season, and roll with him through whatever ups and downs he may have, then fine. But we don’t need Dubnyk’s 4M to be off the books in order to sign guys. And any trade we make is likely to have a significant amount of cap going the other way.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
You can’t make his cap hit go away just because you don’t want it. He can take a leave of absence if he has a reason the organization feels is valid, but his cap hit is still there. You can only make the cap go away via LTIR, buyout, or trading. And you can’t LTIR him because you don’t want his contract.

I mean just absorb the cap hit the rest of the season. Maybe his game is affected because of personal reasons? Maybe he just is starting to feel his age? Who knows. But if we are truly looking toward the future, getting Kahkonen up here to take some lumps might be the best situation - but that is more for the tanking thread than this thread.

As for trades; more than likely we'll take a bad contract back.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean just absorb the cap hit the rest of the season. Maybe his game is affected because of personal reasons? Maybe he just is starting to feel his age? Who knows. But if we are truly looking toward the future, getting Kahkonen up here to take some lumps might be the best situation - but that is more for the tanking thread than this thread.

As for trades; more than likely we'll take a bad contract back.

That’s why we wouldn’t trade him with only one year left when we don’t desperately need his cap space.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
That’s why we wouldn’t trade him with only one year left when we don’t desperately need his cap space.

I meant any of the trades we make this year. I think that is one of the reasons why Guerin is hesitance is trying to maneuver the cap space.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I meant any of the trades we make this year. I think that is one of the reasons why Guerin is hesitance is trying to maneuver the cap space.

Why on earth would we have to take a bad contract back with any trade we made? Any cap we take back with a Zucker/Brodin/Dumba deal is likely to be either a one year dump (expires this summer) or a piece of value that we’d want to keep.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Why on earth would we have to take a bad contract back with any trade we made? Any cap we take back with a Zucker/Brodin/Dumba deal is likely to be either a one year dump (expires this summer) or a piece of value that we’d want to keep.

Because some teams won't be able to fit Zucker/Brodin/Dumba under their cap or will require some flexibility. Honestly, there is no reason to trade any of them - especially with the expansion draft coming up and the CBA expiring in a year or so.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Rask has more value than Dubs atm. Devan has been a great guy on the team, but he has been the ticket to the lottery this season, poor fellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad