Minnesota Wild General Discussion XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Addison looked really good.. especially for that being his first time with the team
He was very good. Menell gets better every time I watch him. Sturm is also an NHL player right now.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I didn’t get a chance to watch can anyone give me the good surprises and who looked slow etc.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I didn’t get a chance to watch can anyone give me the good surprises and who looked slow etc.
I've got to make a run up to Evanston but when I get back I'm throwing the scrimmage on the big screen, making myself a margarita, maybe have a few Bud Light seltzers, find my way to the bottom of a bag of Doritos, and I'll report back on what my impressions were after a first pass. How's that sound?

For those wondering - I feel like I've gained 20lbs since this quarantine has started. Hopped on the scale this morning to find I'm down 2lbs from where I was a month ago. I'm not complaining, just doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
We almost had a fight when Foligno flattened Donato...poor kid always takes a beating :DD

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
1st line- Fiala probably should've had 3 or 4 goals. Greenway was the best player of the scrimmage. Staal looked like Staal would look in practice. This line played a good chunk against Ek's line and more or less took them apart.

2nd line- Ek was very good. Kunin was pretty bad. Parise didn't really stand out in any way.

3rd line- Zuccarello was solid Galchenyuk looked pretty good to me. Foligno didn't really play poorly but he did murder a handful of really good chances created by 36 and 27.

4th line - Koivu seemed to be moving well. Donato created a few nice chances. Didn't notice Hartman much at all.

Rask had a few moments both good and bad. Sturm was really good IMO had 1 goal and might've got a piece of the GWG as well. Mayhew I think can play in the NHL but I don't see much more than a Fontaine level kind of guy. Johnson had a goal but it was just terrible goaltending by Dubnyk.

1st pair- played like it was an intersquad scrimmage

2nd pair - Dumba was flying around in the 1st. Made a handful of nice passes that died on sticks. Brodin probably had is first 2 goal game in a decade.

3rd pair- Soucy looked like Soucy. Didn't know Hunt was even playing

Even a scrimmage was too fast for Bartkowski. Menell was great. He has great vision on the ice. Addison looked bigger than I expected. Seems like a really smart type of dman. Belpedio is not what you would expect from a guy his size. He plays a tough simple kind of hockey.

Dubnyk was awful in the 1st. Pretty good in the 2nd. Made a couple of big saves on Fiala.

Stalock looked like when a skater tries on the pads for a practice

Robson was awful

Kahkonen didn't get tested much. Made a nice save on a very good net drive by Koivu.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
1st line- Fiala probably should've had 3 or 4 goals. Greenway was the best player of the scrimmage. Staal looked like Staal would look in practice. This line played a good chunk against Ek's line and more or less took them apart.

2nd line- Ek was very good. Kunin was pretty bad. Parise didn't really stand out in any way.

3rd line- Zuccarello was solid Galchenyuk looked pretty good to me. Foligno didn't really play poorly but he did murder a handful of really good chances created by 36 and 27.

4th line - Koivu seemed to be moving well. Donato created a few nice chances. Didn't notice Hartman much at all.

Rask had a few moments both good and bad. Sturm was really good IMO had 1 goal and might've got a piece of the GWG as well. Mayhew I think can play in the NHL but I don't see much more than a Fontaine level kind of guy. Johnson had a goal but it was just terrible goaltending by Dubnyk.

1st pair- played like it was an intersquad scrimmage

2nd pair - Dumba was flying around in the 1st. Made a handful of nice passes that died on sticks. Brodin probably had is first 2 goal game in a decade.

3rd pair- Soucy looked like Soucy. Didn't know Hunt was even playing

Even a scrimmage was too fast for Bartkowski. Menell was great. He has great vision on the ice. Addison looked bigger than I expected. Seems like a really smart type of dman. Belpedio is not what you would expect from a guy his size. He plays a tough simple kind of hockey.

Dubnyk was awful in the 1st. Pretty good in the 2nd. Made a couple of big saves on Fiala.

Stalock looked like when a skater tries on the pads for a practice

Robson was awful

Kahkonen didn't get tested much. Made a nice save on a very good net drive by Koivu.
Thanks for bailing me out. I kinda just wanted to pick my belly button and talk shit to Dubnyk through the screen.

Russo made it sound like Kahkonen played lights out.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Thanks for bailing me out. I kinda just wanted to pick my belly button and talk shit to Dubnyk through the screen.

Russo made it sound like Kahkonen played lights out.
Went back and rewatched the 3rd. Kahkonen made 8 saves, 2 maybe 3 would've been considered scoring chances. He made 2 saves in the OT, one was a very nice stop on Koivu. I should give Robson a little credit though. Both Brodin goals were pretty soft but Robson did make 4 or 5 really nice saves as well. The OT goal went in off of Hunt

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

P10p

May 15, 2012
Agree that Sturm should be on our roster. So fast and strong.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What chances do you think that Rask gets bought out?
I don't see it happening this offseason unless Guerin has a big money trade up his sleeve. It would be a little more likely if Koivu comes back for another season.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What chances do you think that Rask gets bought out?

The Wild are going to have 13M in cap space this offseason to re-sign Kunin, Greenway, and one other center, whoever that may be. Whether it's Galchenyuk, Koivu, maybe even both. Unless we're making a huge trade to acquire an expensive top 6 center without moving salary out in that deal, there's really no need to buy him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad