Minnesota Wild General Discussion XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I like the Spurge refers to himself as Spurge....

Screenshot-2020-07-14-at-3.31.10-PM.jpg

ps, sorry that image is so big....

Reactions: Spurgeon

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I find it interesting that Spurgeon, along with several others on the team like Dumba, follow Kap on Instagram, but he doesn’t follow any of them back. He also has way more follower than any of them. Maybe he thinks he’s a hotshot (he is)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Koivu retires(I'm still hoping he stays another year), then Suter gets the C. I can't see giving it to Parise because of the trade request, even though he has the personality for it. Dumba, Spurgeon, Staal, maybe Kunin, Foligno could be "A"'s. Fiala, if he matures.

You need a mix of older and younger leaders, both vocal and by example.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I find it interesting that Spurgeon, along with several others on the team like Dumba, follow Kap on Instagram, but he doesn’t follow any of them back. He also has way more follower than any of them. Maybe he thinks he’s a hotshot (he is)
Maybe he didn't want to until he signed just in case?? not so much being a hotshot but more of a pessimist.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Pretty sure the whole we are going to resign Foligno news here or there over the past months all came with heavy speculation from russo hes going to take over the C after koivu. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Spurg is too quiet and doesn't like that kind of responsibility if I remember reading about his speculation for it.

Kunin is to young.

Dumba has trade rumors surrounding him

Brodin is like Spurgeon personality/dumba like rumors

Suter has enough influence as it is. C doesnt really change that.

Foligno makes the most sense.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Except that Foligno is a 4th liner in his 30's who spent swathes of his career in his hometown, BUF. He has surpassed my expectations, but IMO a leader also has to be one of your better players, or have some other distinguishing characteristic that qualifies him.

He's a tough, hard working, above average 4th liner. Those guys don't last forever. I wish there was an obvious candidate, but I don't see one. Maybe no C! And just go with 3 A's till someone emerges.

Oops, I was wrong. Foligno is 28.

Last edited:

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Pretty sure the whole we are going to resign Foligno news here or there over the past months all came with heavy speculation from russo hes going to take over the C after koivu. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Spurg is too quiet and doesn't like that kind of responsibility if I remember reading about his speculation for it.

Kunin is to young.

Dumba has trade rumors surrounding him

Brodin is like Spurgeon personality/dumba like rumors

Suter has enough influence as it is. C doesnt really change that.

Foligno makes the most sense.

You are wrong. He was never available at trade deadline either. It was reported Guerin really loves him & his bluntness along with the ability to protect players like Kaprizov or Fiala.

It's going to be Spurgeon or Foligno for Captain

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
With our current center situation, I don't have any problem with bringing him back on a 1-year deal if he wants to continue playing. If he signs for like $2M, I don't think you're not going to find a better defensive center at that price point (and we should have the cap to burn).

Next season:

Kaprizov - Staal - Fiala

Parise - Ek - Kunin

Donato - Galchenyuk - Zuccarello

Foligno - Koivu - Hartman/Greenway

That 4th line seems like it'd dominate in a lot of situations.
One of Greenway, Donato, Kunin needs to be moved. Chicago fans said they’d do Strome for Kunin with Zach Smith attached (1m retained). I’d prefer to keep him and move Donato, if I’m picking one to move.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
One of Greenway, Donato, Kunin needs to be moved. Chicago fans said they’d do Strome for Kunin with Zach Smith attached (1m retained). I’d prefer to keep him and move Donato, if I’m picking one to move.
Parise needs to be moved. The sooner you can get him to go away, the better

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I don't get the bias against Parise. Who is close to producing 26 goals? Is it due to his contract? I apologize in advance for going off topic.

Parise doesn't provide much 5v5, and I believe Kaprizov is well suited for his spot on the PP. So if he is still on the team I would prefer him playing no higher than 3rd line with PP 2 time. But as we have seen, even when he isn't at the top of his game he is getting placed higher in the lineup than he should be.

Reactions: Olcoach

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don't get the bias against Parise. Who is close to producing 26 goals? Is it due to his contract? I apologize in advance for going off topic.
Parise’s one of my favorite players of all time but he’s on a terrible contract, doesn’t do much 5v5, and is pushing young players ready to contribute down in the lineup

Reactions: Olcoach

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Parise doesn't provide much 5v5, and I believe Kaprizov is well suited for his spot on the PP. So if he is still on the team I would prefer him playing no higher than 3rd line with PP 2 time. But as we have seen, even when he isn't at the top of his game he is getting placed higher in the lineup than he should be.
Parise is second in PP P/60 and first in PP G/60. You don’t just remove someone from the top unit who is killing it on the power play.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Haven't seen it discussed, but the new CBA makes it much easier on the Wild to trade Parise or Suter. With no fear of recapture.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I more look at it as the Wild no longer have to worry about it and don't see Parise or Suter wanting to leave as much anymore with the emergence of Fiala and the hype surrounding Kap. Feel they're both more inclined to stay and then maybe chase the cup on their final year or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille